“Almost perfect”

Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Reviewed October 3, 2005

I think the other reviewers below have summed this hotel up perfectly: pretty good except for the noise.

They've been welcoming guests for only two years (opened 2003), meaning everything is well specified, modern and in working order. They have wireless broadband internet available in the common areas and, with hot coffee all day long, I sat for hours talking, working and drinking both in the comfortable lounge and on the rocking ironwork chairs on the small patio at the rear. One minor gripe is the "view" from this area - a lake of cracked, tarmac parking lot with the distant sight of "the docks" - or should I say, rundown warehouses. Having said all that, the trees will mask this in future years and the "picnic" area (adjacent) is quite pleasant.

I was checked in efficiently without a prior booking and the whirlpool suite was a lovely surprise. A seating area with big TV, small kitchenette for sandwich making, wonderful kingsize bed in another room and large bathroom (with a toilet behind its own lockable door) all gave the room a capacious feel. The only disappointment here was the downpipe drain from the covered entranceway right outside the window. C'est la vie.

Breakfast was quite nice, although standard fare for these "Express" hotels, and the assistant lady was charming and friendly (rather than the rude service I experienced elsewhere). In fact, I'd say that the staff were exceptionally polite, in general.

Personally, the plane noise didn't intrude and I wasn't awoken at any point during the night or early morning, but I can see the others' points. You're about 200 yards from the take-off point of an international airport - it's understandable that the roar of an occasional jet engine will drown out conversation when you're outside.

Altogether, an exceptional hotel for this area and certainly a cut above the others I tried.

• Stayed: September 2005
8  Thank RaveDJ

Reviewed September 18, 2005

This is a decent place to stay before departing early for or after arriving late from a flight. My three friends and I stayed in a two double-bed room, which was clean and was large enough to accommodate all of us, for a night before heading to Toronto. The bathroom was also a good size, and the free continental breakfast was a plus. However, like the previous reviewer said, there is noise from the airport early in the morning, so bring ear plugs.

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank sam364
Reviewed August 28, 2005

The hotel seems fairly new and is quite nice - large pool, games room, exercise room, free breakfast. It's right across from the airport. My only complaint is that the room we had was on the top (4th) floor facing the airport so from 6am onwards we were awoken by planes taking off. I would recommend requesting a room at the back of the hotel, possibly on a lower floor if you hope to sleep past 6am

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank golfer29
Reviewed October 28, 2004

Unexpected surprise... I didn't know what to expect from a Holiday Inn property - not to mention EXPRESS. But this hotel was great. Staff was friendly and helpful at giving us directions to the Falls. The room was very clean, nicely decorated and quite comfortable. The bathroom was also very modern and clean. Nice complimentary breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel!

5  Thank vvwalk
Reviewed October 25, 2004

I have to say I was very impressed by this hotel.
The service and the beds in this hotels are great.
The staff at the front desk was great. Very helpful and very pretty woman.

4  Thank Caz1992
Reviewed August 15, 2004

This hotel was directly across from the airport but not noisy. very clean & comfortable. Usually had the pool to ourselves. Would definitely stay here again if in the area.

4  Thank justjan
Reviewed March 3, 2004

The Holiday Inn Express was very nice. Pool area was very nice, and quiet when we stayed (2/16/04 one night). Checked out at 4am for a flight so we did park & fly. Too early for the free breakfast included, but they did give us bagels, water and yogurt to go. Unexpected, so nice. The only problem we had was when we came back the shuttle didn't wait for us - called and told them we were just getting luggage and they came and left before the timing they gave us was up. Had to call 2 more times to get them to come. Then the driver was in such a hurry I couldn't get my kids buckled easily. Will be reporting that to the hotel.

5  Thank WyndhamTraveler