I think the other reviewers below have summed this hotel up perfectly: pretty good except for the noise.
They've been welcoming guests for only two years (opened 2003), meaning everything is well specified, modern and in working order. They have wireless broadband internet available in the common areas and, with hot coffee all day long, I sat for hours talking, working and drinking both in the comfortable lounge and on the rocking ironwork chairs on the small patio at the rear. One minor gripe is the "view" from this area - a lake of cracked, tarmac parking lot with the distant sight of "the docks" - or should I say, rundown warehouses. Having said all that, the trees will mask this in future years and the "picnic" area (adjacent) is quite pleasant.
I was checked in efficiently without a prior booking and the whirlpool suite was a lovely surprise. A seating area with big TV, small kitchenette for sandwich making, wonderful kingsize bed in another room and large bathroom (with a toilet behind its own lockable door) all gave the room a capacious feel. The only disappointment here was the downpipe drain from the covered entranceway right outside the window. C'est la vie.
Breakfast was quite nice, although standard fare for these "Express" hotels, and the assistant lady was charming and friendly (rather than the rude service I experienced elsewhere). In fact, I'd say that the staff were exceptionally polite, in general.
Personally, the plane noise didn't intrude and I wasn't awoken at any point during the night or early morning, but I can see the others' points. You're about 200 yards from the take-off point of an international airport - it's understandable that the roar of an occasional jet engine will drown out conversation when you're outside.
Altogether, an exceptional hotel for this area and certainly a cut above the others I tried.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport.The Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport offers an indoor pool, Jacuzzi, business center and fitness room. Start your day out right with our complimentary Express Start breakfast buffet featuring both hot and cold items and the world s best tasting cinnamon rolls.We are conveniently located across from the Buffalo Niagara International Airport and offer free 24-hour shuttle service to and from the airport and Park, Stay & Go packages.The Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport is only a fifteen minute ride to downtown Buffalo. Here you can experience some of the best spring and summer festivals including Allentown Art Festival , Taste of Buffalo and the Buffalo Chicken Wing Festival . Spend a day exploring Niagara Falls and Buffalo s Waterfront or take in a baseball game at Coca-Cola Field, home of the Buffalo Bisons or a Buffalo Bills game at New Era Field.Bargains await you at the Eastern Hills Mall, the Walden Galleria, and the Prime Outlet Mall.We are the perfect hotel if you are coming to Buffalo on business. We are close to many local companies including Calspan, General Motors, Northrop Grumman, UPS and Prior Aviation.Our entire staff at the Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport awaits your arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport Hotel Cheektowaga
- Holiday Inn Express Cheektowaga
- Holiday Inn Cheektowaga