“My experience at this Holiday Inn.”

Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Garland, Texas
“My experience at this Holiday Inn.”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I stayed at this Holiday Inn for two nights last week, and I will say, I was satisfied when I walked out. I did not stay here because of the nearby airport (right across the street). I stayed here because my family & I wanted to see the American Niagara Falls, and found this hotel in Buffalo to be a good deal, and only 30 minutes away from the Falls. Overall, my experience was fine. To be honest, from the pictures on the hotel's website, I thought this place would be run down and old. Luckily, it was quite the opposite. It looked newly renovated (not sure if it was), and everything looked clean and fresh. The breakfast (free) was good, not great. The scrambled eggs were the worst undercooked things I've ever eaten, and the yogurt tasted mushy and stale (like it hadn't been refrigerated for more than an hour). I wasn't expecting a great breakfast anyway for the price I paid for the rooms ($107/night), so for the price, the breakfast was good.

The desk managers were very courteous and extremely helpful, and their suggestions on dining, fitness, and attractions really made my stay a lot better.

I didn't go to the fitness room or pool, but from what my cousin (who also stayed at the hotel with me) told me, the pool was clean, and the fitness room didn't have too much equipment, but it was enough to keep in shape.

The only other con I really had (well not as much ME as some other people) was that since the aiport was right across the street , when a plane took off heading south, you could hear the engines VERY loudly inside the hotel, but I'm pretty sure this is the same for every hotel near an airport.

Overall, I DEFINITELY would recommend this hotel to someone else, and if I ever go back to Buffalo, this hotel would be my first option on where I'd stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on the first or second floor if you don't want the traffic going to the pools...
2 Thank Joshua V
duseylou, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Joshua V,

Thank you ever so much for taking time to share your detailed review following your recent stay with us!

I am happy that you found our location to be convenient -- many of our guests find our property to be located in such close proximity to many notable local attractions (Niagara Falls in particular!!), restaurants and shopping options – it is great that you feel the same as well!

I appreciate your comments regarding the appearance of our guestrooms and common areas. We strive for clean and comfortable accommodations for all of our guests! We are currently in the process of updating our guestrooms with new carpeting and new furniture and it is nice to have that be recognized!

I do apologize for your experience with our complimentary breakfast. I assure you that this is not the norm that you'd expect from us and I apologize that we fell short in that regard. I have noted your remarks and will investigate this further as this is inexcusable.

I am very pleased to hear that you found our staff attentive and helpful. We love assisting our guests in any way we can in hopes to make their experience a memorable one and I am glad that the staff left you with a great impression.

We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope to see you again soon. Best wishes!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

I 've stayed at better Holiday inns. This one was pretty average with dusty carpets, loose roofing in the bathroom, dirty coffee maker with black stains, stained toilet bowl and dusty fixtures.. tgis hotel needs a little cleanup.. would definitely pick another hotel if given the option.. the plus is the breakfast which had a good variety and also the location which is easy to find with ample parking.. the hotel staff were friendly and the check in and check out was a breeze..

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Shebha A
Dear Shebha A,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

While I am happy that you found our our staff helpful and friendly, enjoyed our complimentary Express Start breakfast and our location to be convenient, I am disappointed that your stay was not as satisfactory as we'd hope.

I have noted all of your remarks and assure you they will be addressed with the appropriate departments to improve quality in these trouble areas.

I do however; want to make a friendly notation. We are currently updating our guest rooms with new carpeting and new furniture. We strive to provide clean and comfortable accommodations for all of our guests and I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences experienced during your stay.

We hope you decide to give our hotel another chance. Thank you for sharing your experience. We value all customer feedback!!
Toronto,Canada
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Just writing a review after reading some of the others prior to going to this hotel. We arrived around 1:00pm and check in was fast and easy. Very friendly at the front desk. We had the second floor facing the street. We could hear the airplanes coming in, no doubt, regardless that the window was closed. They stop at about 10:00pm, so we did sleep well (the pillows are soft, no matter if they read firm or soft) however, the planes start back up at 7:00am sharp. So if your expecting to sleep in, maybe ask about choosing another room, or stay away from the airport location. The room was clean, the bathroom could use updating, it was clean, but the shower head was horrible, all I can say is it needs to be replaced....
Breakfast was ok, although, people said it was great, it was average. My kids like waffles or pancakes, they had a pancake machine that spit out pancakes that were rubbery, no one was eating them. They had turkey sausage (no bacon) and they were ok. The eggs were good. The selection was standard; cereal, oatmeal, muffins, toast, bagels, etc.
The coffee was good. We did use the pool and hot-tub and both were great.
Overall, a good stay overnight for what we needed.

2 Thank Nells44
Dear Nells44,

Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay with us!

I am pleased to read that you found our front desk staff to be friendly. We love assisting and speaking with guests! It is our goal to make sure our guests enjoy their time and our comfortable while staying with us. I appreciate you recognizing their efforts!

I am happy that you found our pillows to be comfortable and that you were able to sleep well. I do apologize if the airport disrupted your sleep! Many of our guests tell us how surprised they are that our facility is quite quiet for being an airport location however; I do understand that room location could make a difference and appreciate your recommendation for others!

I apologize on the condition of your shower head and appearance of your restroom. I have noted your remarks and will have them looked into by the necessary departments. I do want to make a friendly notation; we are currently in the process of updating our guest rooms with new carpeting and furniture. We are also working to make improvements in our guest room restrooms as well. -- I sincerely apologize if this had inconvenienced you during your stay.

I have also noted your remarks regarding our complimentary Express Start breakfast. I assure you this is not what you'd normally expect from our property! I will look into this further and make any necessary changes. A lot of our guests inform us how much they enjoy our pancakes and I am so sorry that we have let you down in that regard!

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us. It is reviews and comments such as yours that help us improve and we truly value your time. Thank you again for staying with us! I hope to welcome you back soon!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I rented a room at this hotel, the room was clean and spacious. Because we are located at the airport, you would think it would be noisy, not at all. Close to restaurants and stores. Again here the breakfast is not included.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
duseylou, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Lucie L,

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am happy you found our location convenient and your guest room accommodations spacious and comfortable. Many of our guests tell us they are surprised to learn how quiet our facility is; even being close in proximity to the Buffalo International airport and I am happy that you agree!!

While I am pleased to read you enjoyed your time with us; I am concerned about your comment regarding breakfast not being included. I want to note that all Holiday Inn Express hotels offer complimentary breakfast and that it's possible you may have confused our location with the Holiday Inn at The Buffalo Airport (full service property) however; I do apologize for any miscommunication and I hope that this information is useful to you in the future.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us; we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2014

For a Holiday Inn Express, the breakfast is the typical good selection you come to expect from this brand. Unfortunately, the rest of the hotel is typical of the Holiday Inn Express.

The hotel is showing some wear and tear, and the housekeeping needs to be pay more attention when cleaning. There were obvious stains in many parts of the hallway carpet. Our original room 229 had an musty smell and a problem with the washroom (we noticed another room with washroom issues) - we had to move to room 305. Our room had marks on the wall and a couple of drink/pop stains that staff should have taken care of.

Advised front desk not happy with this situation as we've stayed at Holiday Inn Express every year and never encountered these problems, inconveniences before. Besides an apology they did nothing. I asked for housekeeping to clean the tub as it needed a more thorough cleaning - nothing was done.

Indoor pool and hot tub were okay. Pool was kept warm and fairly clean, not over-chlorinated. The hot tub needed more chlorine and could have used a cleaning. Small fitness room with about 5 machines on the second floor, overlooking the pool.

The hotel is directly across the street from the airport, so choose your room accordingly as you might end up with a view of the planes taking off nearby. Location wise it is withing 15 minutes of the Walden Galleria Mall. Otherwise, it's about a 15-20 minute drive downtown and about 25-30 minutes to the US side of the Falls.

Overall, not a good experience and not a good stay. Would not recommend staying here, even though it might be cheaper than other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms 25 and higher are at the back end of the hotel furthest away from the planes taking...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear wildkard,

Thank you ever so much for sharing your detailed review following your recent stay with us.
I am disappointed to read that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. We strive to provide our guests with outstanding customer service and clean and comfortable accommodations and I truly apologize that we let you down in that regard.

Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. I apologize that our staff did not deliver on our promise.

Please accept our sincere apology for the issues you experienced surrounding the room you received. Your input has been shared with the appropriate departments for the purpose of bringing improvements needed. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and sharing a valuable feedback.
Toronto
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Pros - location is close to airport and Walden Galleria mall and shopping area, clean, nice pool and hot tub, rooms are generous, comfy beds, friendly staff, shuttle to airport

Cons - Very busy

Great hotel for a short stay! Generous rooms give you fair amounts of space to organize suitcases and shopping. The pool area is nice and there is also a nice gym.

Room Tip: Away from the pool and front desk which are noisy.
Dear cballarino,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts with us!

I am happy that you found our location convenient -- A lot of our guests enjoy that we are a short distance away from many area shopping centers, dining, Niagara Falls and of course, the Buffalo International Airport. I am pleased that you agree!

I am also delighted you found our guest rooms and common areas to be clean and our staff to be friendly. We really strive for all our customers to have an experience like yours and its really rewarding to hear that a guest stay and experience was a good.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Courtice, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Paid almost $200 for a one night stay. It started out that we couldn't open our room door. It was stuck, and only one key card worked. It took about 5 minutes to wrestle open the door. Room appeared to be fairly clean. The pillows are marked firm and soft but all of them feel the same - soft - which is very uncomfortable for sleeping. The lock on the door broke off while opening the door one time. The actual steel brace on the lock broke in half. There were kids running and screaming in the room on top of us for about 4 hours. People with young kids should be put on the first floor so that other guests are not disturbed. The air conditioning was not very cool which made sleeping hard. All in all it was not a pleasant stay at such an outrageous price. We come here about 3 to 4 times a year for shopping but will not be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: There are much better rooms at better prices. I would not recommend this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ashley T
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us.

Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay with us. I am disappointed that your stay was less than satisfactory. I apologize that your door lock and air conditioning unit were not working properly. I have forwarded your remarks to our maintenance department and they are working to repair and resolve these issues and I appreciate you bringing them to my attention.

I also apologize for the noise level during your stay. While it is our hope that none of our guests are disrupted during their stay, we do our very best to keep the noise level to an absolute minimum and I am sorry that we let you down in that regard.

Again, I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you had encountered. Thank you again for staying with us. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you how great we truly are!