I stayed at this Holiday Inn for two nights last week, and I will say, I was satisfied when I walked out. I did not stay here because of the nearby airport (right across the street). I stayed here because my family & I wanted to see the American Niagara Falls, and found this hotel in Buffalo to be a good deal, and only 30 minutes away from the Falls. Overall, my experience was fine. To be honest, from the pictures on the hotel's website, I thought this place would be run down and old. Luckily, it was quite the opposite. It looked newly renovated (not sure if it was), and everything looked clean and fresh. The breakfast (free) was good, not great. The scrambled eggs were the worst undercooked things I've ever eaten, and the yogurt tasted mushy and stale (like it hadn't been refrigerated for more than an hour). I wasn't expecting a great breakfast anyway for the price I paid for the rooms ($107/night), so for the price, the breakfast was good.
The desk managers were very courteous and extremely helpful, and their suggestions on dining, fitness, and attractions really made my stay a lot better.
I didn't go to the fitness room or pool, but from what my cousin (who also stayed at the hotel with me) told me, the pool was clean, and the fitness room didn't have too much equipment, but it was enough to keep in shape.
The only other con I really had (well not as much ME as some other people) was that since the aiport was right across the street , when a plane took off heading south, you could hear the engines VERY loudly inside the hotel, but I'm pretty sure this is the same for every hotel near an airport.
Overall, I DEFINITELY would recommend this hotel to someone else, and if I ever go back to Buffalo, this hotel would be my first option on where I'd stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport.The Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport offers an indoor pool, Jacuzzi, business center and fitness room. Start your day out right with our complimentary Express Start breakfast buffet featuring both hot and cold items and the world s best tasting cinnamon rolls.We are conveniently located across from the Buffalo Niagara International Airport and offer free 24-hour shuttle service to and from the airport and Park, Stay & Go packages.The Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport is only a fifteen minute ride to downtown Buffalo. Here you can experience some of the best spring and summer festivals including Allentown Art Festival , Taste of Buffalo and the Buffalo Chicken Wing Festival . Spend a day exploring Niagara Falls and Buffalo s Waterfront or take in a baseball game at Coca-Cola Field, home of the Buffalo Bisons or a Buffalo Bills game at New Era Field.Bargains await you at the Eastern Hills Mall, the Walden Galleria, and the Prime Outlet Mall.We are the perfect hotel if you are coming to Buffalo on business. We are close to many local companies including Calspan, General Motors, Northrop Grumman, UPS and Prior Aviation.Our entire staff at the Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport awaits your arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport Hotel Cheektowaga
- Holiday Inn Express Cheektowaga
- Holiday Inn Cheektowaga