My family and I came up for my little brother's graduation at SUNY Buffalo. My older brother made the reservations and had chosen this hotel for us after reading the reviews on tripadvisor. Check-in was a breeze, front desk staff was very nice and helpful. My husband and I stayed in an adjoining room next to my family (rms 304 & 302), which was nice because our room also had a mini fridge and microwave (came in handy for reheating some leftover dinner the next day). In fact, there was even a microwaveable container and disposable plates for convenience. Rooms also have complimentary wi-fi, and the access code is posted on the desk for convenience.
Like the previous reviewer stated, the shower in the bathroom is cornered off in it's own area, with the wall blocking the water from spraying out. However, because there is no curtain, this can cause the shower to get a bit chilly or will take time to steam up the shower. The shower floor looked like it had a bit of soap scum, not mildewy, but definitley not sparkling clean. My hubby and I wore shower shoes for that.
The bed was very soft (if you like soft mattresses), and so were the pillows. There is some sort of HI branding on the amenties (something called "Simply Smart"), so the towels are embroidered with "Soft" on them, the pillowcases have "soft" and "firm" on them, and even the soap has "cleanse" written on it. Doesn't add to the quality of the product, but I thought this was a nice touch. I'm ok sleeping on a soft mattress, and must say it was one of the best sleeps I've had in a long time. I didn't experience the airport noise that other reviews have commented on.
My husband and I checked out the gym (24hrs) and the pool (open til 11pm), both which require the key to swipe in for entry. Gym had an elliptical, treadmill, universal machine, and small TV from what I saw (hubby did the working out there). The gym, which is on the 2nd floor, overlooks the pool area, on the 1st floor. Pool is a decent size, depth from 3 to 5 feet, good for families. There was also a hot tub on the side, which was good and warm. Jets were not as powerful as I usually am used to, but it was average. Complimentary pool towels, so you don't have to lug around the hotel towel. NOTE: there was no lifeguard on duty while I was there, and I am not sure if there is ever a staff member watching... something to consider if you have young kids that want to wander the pool area unsupervised.
The complimentary breakfast (6:30am - 9:30am) was average and ordinary: bagels, toast, muffins, waffles (pre-made on the shelf, not make-your-own), cereal. Hot foods: sausage, biscuit, eggs (which my brother found a little 'powdery'), oatmeal packets. Drinks: tea, coffee, juices, milk. TV to watch the morning news in the breakfast room. Not a fancy breakfast, but saved us a trip to Dunkin Donuts to grab a similarly comparable breakfast for the road-trip home. I saw staff constantly changing out the trays and refilling, so it's good to see that the food mgmt area was kept tidy.
Why I didn't give 5/5 rating:
- Our wake up call was late! We asked for a 6am call, and got a call at 6:30. Good thing we weren't catching a flight, that would have been a problem!
- The somewhat chilly shower (see above).
- The shower floor (see above)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport.The Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport offers an indoor pool, Jacuzzi, business center and fitness room. Start your day out right with our complimentary Express Start breakfast buffet featuring both hot and cold items and the world s best tasting cinnamon rolls.We are conveniently located across from the Buffalo Niagara International Airport and offer free 24-hour shuttle service to and from the airport and Park, Stay & Go packages.The Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport is only a fifteen minute ride to downtown Buffalo. Here you can experience some of the best spring and summer festivals including Allentown Art Festival , Taste of Buffalo and the Buffalo Chicken Wing Festival . Spend a day exploring Niagara Falls and Buffalo s Waterfront or take in a baseball game at Coca-Cola Field, home of the Buffalo Bisons or a Buffalo Bills game at New Era Field.Bargains await you at the Eastern Hills Mall, the Walden Galleria, and the Prime Outlet Mall.We are the perfect hotel if you are coming to Buffalo on business. We are close to many local companies including Calspan, General Motors, Northrop Grumman, UPS and Prior Aviation.Our entire staff at the Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport awaits your arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport Hotel Cheektowaga
- Holiday Inn Express Cheektowaga
- Holiday Inn Cheektowaga