“Very good hotel for business travelers”

Residence Inn Buffalo Galleria Mall
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
“Very good hotel for business travelers”
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has some location drawbacks. It's in a heavy traffic area near I90. Shopping is excellent and large mall right there. Pretty good fare for Breakfast and dinner. Rooms are nice and modern. I liked the staff.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Ltcfrew
NicholasO963, General Manager at Residence Inn Buffalo Galleria Mall, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback! We are happy you enjoyed our facilities and location. We hope to see you back on any future return visits to the Buffalo area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Arabic first
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a great hotel, located very near the Buffalo Airport. Convenient access to Interstate allows quick access to downtown Buffalo. Great selection of restaurants nearby, including Appleby's and TGI Fridays. Very clean rooms, great pool (even though I didn't have a chance to take advantage of it). I loved the breakfasts... always eggs and some sort of meat. They had two separate waffle makers, a standard size and a smaller machine make which made 4 mini waffles. I wish I would have had an opportunity to enjoy the Manager gatherings. The only negative thing I have on this hotel is the planes on takeoff from the airport can be heard in the rooms, depending on the direction of the wind, which determines the direction of takeoff.

Room Tip: All rooms are readily accessible, either by stairwells near every entrance, or by elevator near the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
NicholasO963, General Manager at Residence Inn Buffalo Galleria Mall, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience! We are very happy that you enjoyed our hotel so much! I agree with you, the breakfast is definitely a great highlight of our hotel offerings. Hopefully you have the opportunity to return and will enjoy the remainder of our services you did not have the opportunity to on this trip. Thank you for your loyalty!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here two nights while we visited Niagara Falls. The staff were very helpful with advice about directions and restaurants. Our room was well designed, modern and up to date. The casual bar in the lobby was handy for breakfast and late on our second night after a big day out. We were able to sleep well and did not hear any traffic even though the hotel is situated opposite the airport and on a busy road. It was very convenient to do the quick and easy drive over the airport on the morning we left. Excellent when you need to catch a plane.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are very happy you had such a great experience and you were able to enjoy our convenient location and great hotel offerings. Please let me know if you need any assistance with future reservations! Thank you for choosing Residence Inn!
Whitby, Ontario
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the nights of 21st and 22nd August. I have stayed here many times and always been very satisfied but not this time. We were out shopping in the afternoon on the Thursday and came back around 4.00 pm to find our room had not been made up, I let the front desk know and they said they would get housekeeping. When we arrived back from having dinner still no room made up, to her credit the young lady on the front desk came and made the beds and reduced my bill by $30 and gave me 5000 points. Due to the fact that our room had not been made up, the next morning when we had our showers we only had wet towels. I went up to the front desk and told them I had used a wet towel and that my grandchildren were in the shower and needed towels immediately. Half and hour later they arrived as you can imagine by this point the children had already managed to dry themselves on wet towels. Another point there was no dish cloth or dishwasher powder or liquid in our room when we arrived.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the trouble you experienced during your stay. This is by no means standard for us, and I assure you that your feedback will be used to improve our operation. Please reach out to me directly next time you are in the Buffalo area, I would love to help you with your reservation. Thank you again for staying with us.
Marlton, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The room might as well be on a run way. No one tells you that they have planes at tree top level. Room I had was big but had an extremely odd smell. I was surprised that Marriott would lend there name to this cesspool. I tried to cancel the second night but they charged me anyway. I had to leave and get out. First thing I did was take a shower.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
NicholasO963, General Manager at Residence Inn Buffalo Galleria Mall, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. This is very disappointing that you experienced a less than favorable room, as we always strive for 100% guest satisfaction. Your feedback will be used to ensure we improve our operations for a better guest experience going forward. Please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss your stay further. Thank you again for your feedback and we appreciate your business!
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We did a PCS move a few months back to Niagara Falls, and stayed here for our first month in town. It is hard to describe the feeling when you just don't want to leave, because you already feel that you're home. This truly is the place to be. We want to give a big round of applause and kudos to Mike Cardarelli. He worked the front desk (also did all of our reservations) and was the friendliest, most helpful guy we have ever met. True, he is not the hotel manager - but he should be! Anyone coming here - please ask for Mike; he will make your trip (no matter what the purpose) more enjoyable than you could ever imagine! Also, the rest of the staff (whose names we just don't know) - all superb. The best bang for your buck!!

Room Tip: It is a large property; we preferred a room on the lower floor near the lobby - just less hassle get...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank LORI F
Thank you for your feedback! We are happy we were able to provide you a comfortable "Home Away From Home" during your extended stay. Yes, Mike does take excellent care of our guests, that is surely a frequent commendation he receives, but as you said, all staff does an awesome job! Thank you again for sharing your feedback!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My family and I have been going there for a few years and the facility is always clean-clean and ready for guests. The staff is always friendly and looking to see how they can make your stay more enjoyable.
I have suggested the Residence Inn Marriott, Buffalo Cheektowga to many other friends and family and they always make a point of calling after their trip to thank me for suggesting that they stay there and they always have a story how the staff went way out of their way to help in any way they could.
Their breakfast has lots of variety and good quality.

Nicholas, the General Manager was very hands on, smile always there and positive attitude. His staff all followed his lead.
A great jewel to find when travelling!

Room Tip: If you have a special need just ask they will be more than happy to adress that need.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Barrie G
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are thrilled that you visit us whenever in the area and that we always take great care of both you and your friends! I will definitely share this great feedback with our staff for their job well done. We look forward to seeing you on many more visits to Buffalo. Thank you!