“Excellent hotel for families and pets too!”

Residence Inn Buffalo Galleria Mall
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were going to a family reunion so the entire family came so there was no one to watch our black lab. This was the only decent hotel in the Buffalo area that allowed dogs larger than 25 lbs in fact the staff embraced our very friendly lab. Of course there is an extra fee for the dog due to the extra cleanup but it is well worth it.

The staff is excellent, rooms very clean, and the breakfast buffet was better than most. The only drawback that one of my sons noticed is the limited number of tv stations that are available. We were looking for AMC and food network, and a few other cable networks were not accessible.

Overall, I will stay here again when I am back in town as this hotel is the best value for a family and I would think even a business traveller due to the breakfast and proximity to the many restaurants in the immediate area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
NicholasO963, General Manager at Residence Inn Buffalo Galleria Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am very happy that your family enjoyed our accommodations, including your dog! We do have a tendency to become very friendly with our four legged visitors. As for the TV stations, we track all requests from guests and adapt our channel offerings based on demand. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on future visits to the area!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our first time staying at this property. We were very impressed with not only what the facilties had to offer, but with the staff as well. Unfortunately we had a minor family emergency and had to cut our stay short, but Nick(General Manager) and Kristen(Front Office Supervisor) were very understanding and did everything they could to accommodate us and our situation. We have family in the Buffalo area and will most certainly be staying at this property during any future visits.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay, unfortunately it had to be cut short! Since you have family in the area, you have reason to visit us plenty more times! I am glad we were able to help you during your time of need, we work very hard to accommodate any needs or requests of our guests! Thank you kindly for your feedback, look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Here for two nights over holiday weekend. Average stay, nothing really stood out that made it a WOW experience. Rooms were dated, showing their age, the carpet downstairs leading to the entry way was absolutely filthy. Breakfast was crowded so didn't have opportunity to eat there. Next time in buffalo will choose different place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I am very sorry that you did not have a good experience at our hotel. We are consistently identifying areas of need and working to improve those. I assure you the information you have provided will be focused on. If you find yourself back in Buffalo, I ask that you contact me directly so we may discuss a reservation for you.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is the best place we have stayed as a family. Very friendly staff, a very good breakfast, the 2 bedroom suite is great for 5 family members. The kids enjoyed themselves and played in the pool. Room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Wifi was always working in the room and in the common areas (I've stayed at many places that have free wifi and the wifi is spotty at best, but at this place, it was just fine). Nick (the General Manager) is very friendly and helpful. He gave us good tips for visiting Niagara Falls and had great dining suggestions (we like to go to places that the locals go to). Would come back in a heartbeat. Thank you Nick!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience! I am very happy you and the family so thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our hotel amenities and wonderful local restaurants and attractions. We hope to see you again next time you are in Buffalo!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Was among the many distressed passengers stuck in Buffalo due to the terrible weather. There was apparently no special rate for the suite, fine. The room was spacious and clean, no complaints there. The complimentary breakfast was better than other residence inn I have stayed in the past. The issue occurred after breakfast, when I called the front desk to arrange for the taxi at 9:20 am, the man said 15~20 minutes. I stepped out of the lobby ay 9:45 am and waited for 15 minutes. During which I stepped into lobby asking for assistance, and the desk said the taxi should be arriving any minute. NOT TRUE. Finally I lost patience and asked the number of airport taxi and called for taxi myself. The taxi service said the hotel must have contacted someone else. The man at the front desk said he was a trainee and that his manager must have made the call. The taxi finally arrived around 10:30...and I almost missed my flight, again! Not pleased with the service and management this hotel has to offer. There should be better options...

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay! I am happy you enjoyed your suite and the breakfast as well, but disappointed to hear your experience setting up transportation to the airport. Communication is key, and this a situation we will use to better our operations going forward. Please accept our apologies and if you find yourself back in Buffalo area, please contact me directly for reservations, we would love to host you again.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed here a couple of times but will not return after my last stay. I called the front desk to ask what time check-out was. I was told noon. The next morning, I went to the hotel gym and returned to my room at about 9AM to take a shower. After my shower (around 9:20AM), while I was completely naked, a strange man walked into my room. It was a new guest that was checking in that day and the hotel staff carelessly and negligently gave this man a key to my room. Needless to say I was mortified and was lucky that nothing bad happened other than complete embarassment.

I went to the front desk to complain about this and all that was said was "Oops! Sorry about that." What? That is not an "oops". That is dangerous and completely negligent.

I called to follow up about this incident with the hotel manager and she could have cared less. She offered 1,000 rewards points---to put this in perspective, I would need about 20,000 points to redeem a free night stay. I told her that I didn't want the reward points and that I would never be returning back to that hotel. I asked for my money back and she refused saying that they "Don't do that." I kept pestering about it because I KNOW that could not be true, and after almost pushing a lawsuit I was finally refunded for my stay. She also removed my rewards points from the previous occasions that I had stayed there.

This was a horrible experience and I would advise people to stay away, especially females--as this is dangerous and staff, including management, is not held accountable for their negligent actions.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
NicholasO963, General Manager at Residence Inn Buffalo Galleria Mall, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

I cannot apologize enough for this situation, on behalf of all management and staff! We have new management on site since your experience at our hotel and we have been working diligently to make changes to ensure an improved guest experience. I assure you that this is not a common occurrence, we strive to provide a safe and professional environment for all guests. Once again, please accept our apologies!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Typical Marriott Residence Inn - clean, comfortable and spacious. Good location if you want to be near the airport and the large mall. Great that there are two desks (tables) for using laptops and computer equipment.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nogobev

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy that you enjoyed our accommodations and also our vicinity to the airport and mall. Thank you for staying with us and please let us know if you need assistance with any upcoming reservations!