“Great place to stay”

Residence Inn Buffalo Galleria Mall
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed in a studio King during a recent trip to visit family. Had a wonderful stay. The hotel lobby was clean and comfortable with a very friendly, helpful staff manning the front desk. Went to my room and found it to be much larger than expected with new furniture, clean kitchen/living room area and a very comfortable bed/pillow. For the price, an amazing bargain. I was able to get down for breakfast 3 days of my week stay and found it to be a great start of the day. I even had time to use the pool.
As my family roots bring me back to Cheektowaga on a regular basis, I now have a place that I'll know I'll keep going back to.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
bufri, General Manager at Residence Inn Buffalo Galleria Mall, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

It's always a pleasure to hear from our guests, thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I'm so pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable stay and will be returning in the future. I look forward to your next visit when coming back to Cheektowaga.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Buffalo Galleria Mall

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family decided to travel to Buffalo(from Kitchener, Ontario) for an impromtu shopping trip on December 27th, 2012. We did a lot of shopping and decided at the last minute to stay overnight. We had no reservations for this hotel, but decided to see if they had a room for us to stay in for the one night. The gentleman at the reception desk was very nice and extremely helpful. He was able to give us a very nice suite for 5 of us at a very reasonable price.
The room was spacious and had a nice little kitchen in it.
Overall the room was very clean, with the exception of the dishwasher that had some reminants from someone else's food and there was one unclean dish in the cupboard. Other than that the room was perfect.
The hotel is an ideal location - near the Walden Galleria, restaurants and other shopping areas.
Parking was free, which was a nice bonus, considering in Canada (specifically in Toronto) you have to pay major bucks for parking.
I would definately stay at this hotel again with my family. In fact, we are travelling to Florida in a few months and are flying from the Buffalo airport, so we will definately stay at this hotel prior to catching our flight the following day.
Keep up the great work!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GwenKitchener
bufri, General Manager at Residence Inn Buffalo Galleria Mall, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Your feed back is very much appreciated. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay and visit to Buffalo. We'll look forward to you visiting us again in the next few months.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

After some of our family members had stayed at Residence Inn and highly recommended it, we chose it for an overnight stay in Buffalo and were very glad we did.

The front desk staff were attentive, polite, efficient and helpful. Our suite was spacious and well-appointed with a kitchen (including full size fridge and cooking facilities), separate bathing and washroom, king size bed, large desk, plenty of comfortable furniture, a fireplace and large screen TV. Everything was very clean. There were no signs whatsoever of any bed bugs (and we always check very closely for them at hotels!!!).

Although the hotel was quite busy, there was plenty of convenient parking. The self-serve hot/cold breakfast featured a good assortment of items.

Our stay at Residence Inn was a very pleasant one in every respect and we would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tom D

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We'll be looking forward to your visit in the future, thank you again!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Having had excellent experiences in three Marriott properties on thee of the four nights prior to arriving at this property made this a disappointing stay. The bed was marginally comfortable.The other issue of concern was the fact that across the hall were people with two dogs.The two dogs barked every time someone walked by the room..The barking started at 6.00 am and continued until we left the faciity.I believe someone from the front desk had spoken to the owners.In my estimation the hotel shoud make an attempt to put clients without dogs awy from these rooms.

In fairness the room was clean and the breafast and supper were commendable.Another issue(not the fault of the hotel) is the hotel appears to be in the flight pattern of planes taking off.As a gold cardmember I was disappointed in my stay.

Room Tip: dont get a room near the entrance as that appears to bewhere they put dogs.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mainelytravel
bufri, General Manager at Residence Inn Buffalo Galleria Mall, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for your review, all comments and concerns are appreciated. It gives me the opportunity to improve as needed and make sure our guests experience a pleasant stay. Hope when returning to Buffalo you'll come back to see us.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The location is great if you are interested in being close to shopping or restaurants. The rooms are spacious, breakfast is great and the hotel staff are very friendly. We usually stay at either this Residence Inn, the Fairfield Inn or Comfort Inn (both near the airport). The pool was a little too cold and the room was generally clean overall but not amazing. The Fairfield Inn and Comfort Inn's near the airport are newer and more modern but not centrally located.

I would stay here again but would also consider the Fairfield and Comfort Inn's (all part of the Marriott chain). If the room was more modern, and the pool temperature was warmer, this would definitely get a rating of 5.

Room Tip: Higher floors are probably less noisy, you could hear people walking above you on the lower floors.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
bufri, General Manager at Residence Inn Buffalo Galleria Mall, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

I appreciate you feedback from your most recent stay at Residence Inn Cheektowaga. Our Canadian shoppers are very important to us and your comments assist us in improving as needed. It would be wonderful if you would stay with us again when you return.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Unlike some other Residence Inns we've stayed at, which are set up more like condos (with separate entrances), this one is more like a typical hotel, where you enter through the reception area. Otherwise, it has a similar look and feel to the other RI's I've stayed in, with large studio apartments consisting of kitchen/dining area, living room, and bed alcove/bath. I love this set-up--it makes for a roomy and comfortable stay and allows you the option to save a little money by picking up food/coffee/etc. if you have the time and inclination.

We found this Residence Inn to be clean and comfortable and conveniently located on the outskirts of Buffalo, close to the highway. Check-in and check-out were quick and courteous. We had an enjoyable stay and would stay here without hesitation in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

I'm pleased to hear your stay was comfortable, convenient and enjoyable. I appreciate the time you have taken to comment and look forward to you visiting us again when back in Buffalo.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stay at Residence Inns a lot on business travel and this property is better than average in my view. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the hotel has an overall positive feeling. The room was clean and the decor up to date. As other guests have noted there is some noise from the planes but that is to be expected at an airport hotel. Breakfast was very good compared to other properties and was served by friendly staff. There are lots of choices for restaurants and shopping nearby and very easy access onto highway to airport.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
bufri, General Manager at Residence Inn Buffalo Galleria Mall, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Your 5 star rating is very much appreciated, along with your very kind comments. Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, please be sure to introduce yourself when visiting us again.