“Great place to stay!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Davenport, Florida
“Great place to stay!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2011

Stayed at Best Western Hotel by Airport and had a one of the most quiet, clean and enjoyable stays in quite awhile. The room was clean, and the breakfast was open for almost 5 hours!! Staff was excellent and catered to our every request

Would recommend to anyone, especially those using the Park and Fly as an option

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2010

Stayed for a night. Robert and Miguel were very professional, courteous and pleasant, and answered all questions asked. Customer service more than made up for the outdated hotel and room. Pros: 1) free business centre with computer, printer, and internet access; 2) free 30 minutes local calls. Cons: 1) very noisy bar fridge and heater/air conditioner unit (bring earplugs); 2) paper thin walls and windows (heard every conversation, door slam, and shower). Pass on the free continential breakfast; you could do much better anywhere else.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OntarioGlobetrotter
Brantford, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2010

This is the most disgusting hotel EVER... our room was infested with BED BUGS. We went down for our annual shopping trip and when we awoke in the morning our daughter had red bites on her face and arms. Upon pulling the blankets back we discovered four large BED BUGS. A staff from the desk came up and said he could move us to another room but the Manager would have to look at refunding us and he apologized. I asked if there had been a problem like this before and he said NEVER ( read the review before this one only a few weeks before we were there same problem) we got ready and left as we did not want to stay there any longer. I was FURIOUS this wrecked our whole weekend and we went home and did not shop. The staff said they would leave a note and my contact information and the Manger would call me. BIG SUPRISE I had to call him and he was rude and not helpful at all. He said he would contact Hotwire and copy me on an email so I would not be charged BIG SUPRISE I waited one hour and still no email so I contacted Hot wire myself and took care of the situation as he had not done so. I CANNOT believe that this guy is a Manager????? I will never stay at a Best Western again and I hope that this never happens to another child.... a day later he has all my contact information and still no apology...incredible!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
jagidedge, General Manager at BEST WESTERN The Inn at Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
we did call the pet control company to look at room for the safty of other guest and i am very sorry the hotel and the room is clean and no bugs where found
OWEN SOUND
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2010

Hotel is outdated - and to top it off we found a live bed bug ! When we stripped off the sheets to further have a look, there was pubic hairs and bits of old food on the mattress pad. We're given another room, and found no bed bugs, but inspected the mattress pad and found same..... we requested clean linen. The staff were very helpful and addressed the matter .
Food items at breakfast ( donuts, bagels etc ) were hard as a rock !
Fitness equipment ( treadmil and eliptical ) were both broken.
The whole hotel needs a good overhaul.
The only good thing about this hotel is the location - close to outlets and mall.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
jagidedge, Manager at BEST WESTERN The Inn at Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
i am very sorry about your past stay we take great pride in the hotel
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2010

I stayed at this motel for a night after Niagara visit on October 2010 with my family.
Few things I liked about this hotel was - hotel was very clean, rooms were not noisy at all, good mattress and towels and above all very breakfast was awesome. Was initially planning on going to Denny's beside this motel but after taking a look at the breakfast which they've out there decided not to go.
Even though airport was close by, rooms were noisy at all
Check in & check out was very easy.
I stayed at 3rd floor - I would stay at the same hotel again. I would recommend highly to anyone who wish to stay at Niagara.

Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2010

We stayed here one evening before our flight out of Buffalo Airport the next morning. We left our vehicle parked for the week while we were on vacation. It was a great overall experience and we would definitely return to this hotel again.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2010

When looking to find an overnight stay with long term parking, from Buffalo, we all look at the brand names. This one is the wrong choice.
We found out after arrival and asked where I should park the vehicle, I was told I could meet the driver at 8:30pm (turned out to be 9:30) and he would lead me to the UNSECURED, offsite lot ( really a field) about a mile down the road.
Upon arrival, when the clerk was asked to settle the account now as our flight was at 06:03 am, the clerk was reluctant and even more so, when I presented an Aeroplan voucher for the stay.
At 04:45 am, the Night clerk did not how how to handle my Voucher and after about 10 minutes of himming and hawing, and 3 other couples waiting for the shuttle, the clerk was asked to just put the full amount on my charge card and credit the Voucher. This seemed like it would be the solution to me, however, (according to the clerk and the Night Manager) this could not be done from their machine.
Our Vacation was wonderful, but upon our return, we were told a Silver Van would meet us at the airport and when I asked what would be on this SILVER van to distinguish it, I was told, Super 8 Hotel.
I am glad I was able to recognize the van , as the driver (yes it was raining) sat inside eating his fast food of burgers and fries, large Coke, and called our names from his window.
After placing our luggage in the van (yes I placed our luggage in the van), my wife climbed into the van, as the courtesy step remaind firmly between the 2 front seats, we were advised he was waiting for another couple, who were summoned by another vocal outburst from the drivers seat ( oh yes it was raining).
Would we spend a night at this Best Western again,,,, NO!!!!
Would we recommend this Best Western,,,,,NO !!!

1 Thank Evad9868