“A disgrace to the Best Western Brand. You can do better, especially when it's only for one night”

Best Western The Inn at Buffalo Airport
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
North American
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Based on photos submitted to this site, it seems that I was in the same room as the person who rated this place terrible on November 4, 2012, as we have virtually the same photo attached to our reviews. You would think that 5 months, and the embarrassment would be enough to rectify the problems, but apparently not.

There is little to no maintenance or pride in this place. The same rotting, inedible apples and oranges in the lobby, the same towel stuffed in the groove of a leaky window, rather than repairing the problem, the same dirty, chipped furniture

The front desk staff were very nice, and definitely the highlight of my stay. Location is convenient, and the free shuttle to the airport was great. Overall, the hotel is really run down, dreary and depressing. Hampton/Hilton Garden/Holiday Inn are very lose and only a few dollars more. I wish I had booked there.

I am a Diamond Member, and this location is a disgrace to the chain. I emailed Best Western Corporate to urge them to take action. Do not stay here, you deserve better!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
jk-jessk, Manager at Best Western The Inn at Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
That guests like you have had such experiences at our hotel is truly unacceptable. I have emphasized to my team over and again that the small details weigh heavy in a guest's perception. It is usual for the fruit to be removed by second shift so that older pieces may be dispatched, and the remaining fruit be properly stored to maintain its luster. The desk staff's responsibility is the lobby, and it is to be swept and mopped once per shift, and constantly attended to. Clearly, there has been a lack of maintenance on the part of my team that will be addressed at the next staff meeting.

I am happy to read that their positive and helpful attitudes were in place as this is a major player concerning the hiring process and what keeps a staff member after his or her review. It is true that the hotel is a little shabby, for the property was built in the 80s, and it is up to my team to make this hotel worth every penny! I will continue to coach them in the right direction for the maintenance of the lobby and the work behind the desk should be one in the same to them, as it is to me.

Rather than discouraging, this slew of negative comments creates goals for our staff. I will continue to drive them toward the superior customer care that the Best Western brand is known for.

You may have read other reviews which I've responded to. I have noted that this property anticipates a face lift over the next year so we hope you'll stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed at Best Western (near Buffalo Air Port) 2 times and was happy both times. The service was very good and the price was reasonable. The shuttle service to and from the Air Port was also very good. I will stay there again when flying to other US cities.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am happy to read that you will continue to stay with us! It means that my staff is doing their part to create the best possible experience for our guests. Our convenience to the airport draws all manner of travelers, and it is up to my staff to make sure they keep coming back. We look forward to your next visit!
Caledonia, Canada
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hotel is nice and clean The people are helpful and the airport transportation is excellent bot Do Not Count on wake up calls I read another persons review and we took an alarm clock Or we would have missed our plane Best Western response was basically we are sorry and thanks for telling us so we can fix this but they did not after the last person complained I asked for some sort of remuneration and guess what I have heard no more

Room Tip: Eat at the holiday inn next door Take an alarm clock
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Wake up calls have been a cause for ruckus lately, and we are still trying to understand the root of the problem. There has never been such a problem as this late rash, and I have been resetting the alarm in our maintenance room with what seems to be success. The night staff reports that they do set the alarms, and I have been watching them do so to make sure that they are being input correctly. Lately, we have simply been advising guests to set their alarms as a back up as this is not even a problem that every guest experiences. For now, our best solution is to monitor the problem.

I hope this does not discourage potential guests from utilizing our hotel for its wonderful park and fly package and convenience to the airport, the early breakfast, convenience to three delicious restaurants, and functional amenities such as wireless internet, a business center, and a fitness center.
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is beside the airport so the jet traffic is not directly overhead and the sound was not bad at all. To say we just did not notice it like others have noted, it's fine believe me.
The breakfast was much better then we expected as it had the usual beagles, bread, muffins, yogurt but also had ready to make waffles, scrambled eggs and sausage. All was very good and was filling. The only downfall was that the breakfast room is small and VERY hot due to he toaster and rest running.
You need to also know that there is water, coffee, orange, cranberry and apple juice 24 hours. This is important as you need to stop and get vodka, a small bottle and you are set to make mixed drinks all night long. Mix 1 - 1 1/2 ounces vodka, 60% cranberry and 40% orange juice. Perfect recipe for an evening in!
The beds are very comfortable with lots of smaller square pillows which were very soft.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Peter K
We do appreciate the recipe! Haha. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that breakfast pleased you because we have been hard at work improving it. I am happy to report, as I have in several other comments, that we will be renovating this hotel. The owner wishes to extend the breakfast room so perhaps the next time you stay, you'll see the incipient stages of this endeavor.
Toronto
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

If you are seeking a hotel by the airport - great location and value. Great staff and situated right next to airport. Free wifi, breakfast and parking were great - especially with a family..................

• Stayed April 2013
jk-jessk, General Manager at Best Western The Inn at Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
It is always great to read great reviews about our hotel! It is true that we are not the shiniest hotel, but we always strive to make your stay great by meeting the Best Western standard. Over the coming year, you should expect to see some updating to the lobby and our rooms so that our building can match the excellence of our staff!
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Good location for early morning fliers. Friendly staff, clean rooms and opened the breakfast early to accommodate about 10 people who needed to get to the airport for 6 am flights.
Added bonus was the elevator unlike the H. I. next door. Will stay here again on our next vacation.

Room Tip: Long term parking is cheaper at the airport. Very accommodating staff, Try the Greek Restaurant acr...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Our early breakfast is always an eye popper for guests. This hotel may lack frills, but its simplicity helps to make us great! With a competitive rate for the park sleep fly packages and an awesome staff, we want our guests to appreciate a low cost hotel before their trips, and a safe location to keep their vehicles during their time away!
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband, 10 year old grandson and myself stayed at BEST WESTERN AIRPORT HOTEL before our Florida vac cay. The boys were going by train and I was flying. The good news is that the times for departure coincided quite nicely with the shuttle buses. The early start by train meant the shuttle had to take them about 3:30am....then, a couple of hours later, the shuttle picked me up for the airport. Just enough time to shower have a coffee and go. Perfect.

The room was neat, tidy, the bathroom clean. Although there was no 'continental breakfast' for the early shuttle, they did supply coffee and a drink for my grandson. I believe there may have been something to fortify their stomachs as well. They were okay with everything.

The price point is reasonable and it takes the stress off of getting up really early to make that train from Hamilton, Ontario Canada.

If there is a critique, it would be that the front desk 'forgot' to give a wake up call, and thank goodness, my husband woke up in time on his own. The other one would be the sound of aircraft in the evening. We went to bed quite early, but could hear them. No big deal though, after a while, sleep came to us and we were pretty much refreshed.

We will be staying there again this summer, with the same circumstances and will make sure we get that wake up call!!

Thumbs up to this hotel on the airport strip!!

Room Tip: If any one has tips for me, that would be good!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Our location so near to the airport comes with the good and the bad. Late flights can drive a guest to pulling our super comfy pillows over their heads! Rooms located on the first and second floor can be recommended for those light sleepers. On the other hand, you can snuggle into our cozy beds til the last minute for those early flights and trains because our location is just five minutes away!

We look forward to your visit this summer, and that call won't be forgotten!