“a place for a one night stay”

Best Western The Inn at Buffalo Airport
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Reviewed September 17, 2012

we stayed there for one night after a day at Niagara falls, and we had an early flight to catch the next morning.
it's o.k. for the purpose of overnight stay - nothing more and nothing less.
you can find Denny's restaurant just next to the parking lot if you're hungry.
i felt that they overpriced me for what i got in return...

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Assaf S
thengst, General Manager at Best Western The Inn at Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Over the last few months our hotel has experienced record numbers in occupancy. That is a very good thing however it became noticable where we were lacking; size, staffing, and breakfast come to mind. As a result and with future planning we are going to enhance on a rotating schedule our breakfast selection to include scrambled eggs and sausage patties. During the summer months we will offer more of a selection in fresh fruit. Our "make your own" waffles will include Belgian style. An evening social hour is also in the works. As we look down the road we expect to expand our breakfast seating area to accommodate more guests during breakfast. Our 24-hour complementary shuttle service and early breakfast 4:30am-9:30am are definite highlights when staying at our Best Western. The feedback and comments we receive will only make us better and lead the industry in superior customer care.

There are newer reviews for Best Western The Inn at Buffalo Airport

Reviewed September 13, 2012

As we booked the room as a price below $100 per night, we should not have any complain. However, I prefer to pay more to stay in a cleaner hotel.
We arrived the hotel after midnight since the flight was delayed. We just wanted to sleep as soon as possible. We did not care the hotel lobby was old and smelly. But we did not expect the room had the same issue and the carpet was not clean. Beside, the air conditioning was not working. We went back to lobby to request room change. Although the lady didn’t want to give us another room, after negotiation, we finally got a room change. In the new room, the toilet overflowed after the first flush. Of course, need to ask the front desk to fix it. The duvet was a bit dirty, saw some stain on it.
When we book the hotel, the hotel info said free internet provided. But we did not able to connect at all.
For sure, we will not go back again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

It is unfortunate when any guest has an unpleasant experience. We review all traveler sites for feedback and comments and share at every staff meeting. The hotel has plans to enhance the decor and expand in areas where necessary. Our hotel has become a very busy establishment with average occupancy exceeding 85-90% per month. That is a very good thing but we also realize that changes need to be made to accommodate the influx of travelers at our Best Western.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel overnight during my trip to Houston. It was a park, stay and fly deal. For the price, it was a very good experience. The hotel was superbly clean from floor to floor and the customer service at the reception desk was second to non. They inquired about my itinerary and asked if I needed a wake-up call. Since I had an early flight, I got a wake-up call at exactly 3:00 am as I requested. The lady in the kitchen even took the pain to lay out breakfast so we could have something before we left for the airport. I was asked to call for pick-up on my return which I did. The shuttle bus was there in less than five minutes and was actually waiting for me before I got to the pick up point.
I will recommend this hotel for anyone who wants ease of mind when looking to book for a hotel. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Teddy A
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed here for two nights, the staff is sometimes hard to find as the desk is not always manned. The room was clean and comfortable, breakfast room was small but otherwise OK. The lobby is also small but sufficient.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The shuttle bus is available from and to the airport but must be requested with a free call in the airport. Nice personnel at the reception.
Good and clean rooms.
Continental breakfast sufficient although the breakfast room is not large.
There is a PC room where it is possible to print the boarding passes.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2012

NEVER AGAIN will I stay at this hotel. When we arrived at the front door the front desk clerk was outside having a cigarette. I didn't realize that she was the front desk clerk. She was chewing gum and dressed in a smock and I thought she was part of the cleaning staff. I have limited mobility and my daughter called the hotel ahead of time and asked if the handicap accessable room had 2 beds as I was sharing a room with my cousin (I am a female and he a male). She was told that the room has 2 double beds so that was fine. We were travelling with my cousin's nephew and his girlfriend and I had booked a room for them with 2 double beds. When we arrived we were told that the handicap room has a kingsize bed. I said that was not acceptable and how come my daughter was told that there were 2 beds. She tried to tell me that it was a travel agent that had told us but the funny thing was that my daughter (who actually is a travel agent) called the hotel directly. My cousin offered to book another room for himself but there were no rooms available. What happened next was like some comedy skit. This woman was so confused she didn't know what she was doing and was starting to confuse me to. She yelled out to one of the staff....is room ### empty and the staff member yelled back yes but its not a handicap room. We offered to exchange rooms so that my cousin and I could have the one with the double beds and his nephew would have the kingsize bed. I would just go into his room in the morning to have my shower. That would work but the desk clerk still couldn't figure this out. She kept telling us that she didn't have a handicap room available even though we had it booked. What a joke!! We finally got through to her and made her understand. She had trouble using the computer and couldn't get things entered. Finally what looked like her boss came along to help her. I had a gift card for $10 and wanted that subtracted from the cost of one of the rooms. Neither one of them could enter the gift card for some reason. Her boss asked me what the number was on the card (like I would know). He told me that to use the gift card I would have to call Best Western and find out what the number was. After all the trouble I had just gone through you would think he would knock of $10 anyway. He was almost as bad as she was. Just before this, the other desk clerk was yelling and so rude to a customer on the phone that we all looked at each other in awe!! We finally got settled into our room which was ok but nothing special. The next morning we were in having breakfast and a fuse of something blew. My cousin went up to the desk to tell her and she yelled across the lobby to one of the staff that "the power is out" I have never delt with someone so unprofessional and all the time chewing her gum which was handing out of her mouth half of the time. Just before we left, the nephew was outside taking some pictures of the hotel to add to his vacation album and she came over to him and asked if he was from the "claims department" That finished it off. I was so glad to get out of there. To top it off I spent my Best Western points to stay at that dump. I have stayed at quite a few Best Western hotels in the US and NEVER had any problems like at this one. Please don't let this place spoil it for the other ones.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hugsalot24
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I booked a night using my Entertainment Card at $62 a night by phone. I got to the hotel, they tried not to honour it at all, saying I was not supposed to get the rate, I argued and ended up getting it for $72. As it was done by phone I didn't have it on paper so I didn't bother arguing or calling Best Western. The rooms are cramped, and not particularly clean, the staff is quite unfriendly and they do not offer supplies you forgot (toothbrush, etc...) and the breakfast is just awful. It' is close to the airport so if you are just in and out for the airport I suppose it will do but I will definitely look for other options next time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple