“Good for overnight stay”

Best Western The Inn at Buffalo Airport
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
“Good for overnight stay”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed here for two nights, the staff is sometimes hard to find as the desk is not always manned. The room was clean and comfortable, breakfast room was small but otherwise OK. The lobby is also small but sufficient.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Ferrara, Italy
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The shuttle bus is available from and to the airport but must be requested with a free call in the airport. Nice personnel at the reception.
Good and clean rooms.
Continental breakfast sufficient although the breakfast room is not large.
There is a PC room where it is possible to print the boarding passes.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Ajax, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2012

NEVER AGAIN will I stay at this hotel. When we arrived at the front door the front desk clerk was outside having a cigarette. I didn't realize that she was the front desk clerk. She was chewing gum and dressed in a smock and I thought she was part of the cleaning staff. I have limited mobility and my daughter called the hotel ahead of time and asked if the handicap accessable room had 2 beds as I was sharing a room with my cousin (I am a female and he a male). She was told that the room has 2 double beds so that was fine. We were travelling with my cousin's nephew and his girlfriend and I had booked a room for them with 2 double beds. When we arrived we were told that the handicap room has a kingsize bed. I said that was not acceptable and how come my daughter was told that there were 2 beds. She tried to tell me that it was a travel agent that had told us but the funny thing was that my daughter (who actually is a travel agent) called the hotel directly. My cousin offered to book another room for himself but there were no rooms available. What happened next was like some comedy skit. This woman was so confused she didn't know what she was doing and was starting to confuse me to. She yelled out to one of the staff....is room ### empty and the staff member yelled back yes but its not a handicap room. We offered to exchange rooms so that my cousin and I could have the one with the double beds and his nephew would have the kingsize bed. I would just go into his room in the morning to have my shower. That would work but the desk clerk still couldn't figure this out. She kept telling us that she didn't have a handicap room available even though we had it booked. What a joke!! We finally got through to her and made her understand. She had trouble using the computer and couldn't get things entered. Finally what looked like her boss came along to help her. I had a gift card for $10 and wanted that subtracted from the cost of one of the rooms. Neither one of them could enter the gift card for some reason. Her boss asked me what the number was on the card (like I would know). He told me that to use the gift card I would have to call Best Western and find out what the number was. After all the trouble I had just gone through you would think he would knock of $10 anyway. He was almost as bad as she was. Just before this, the other desk clerk was yelling and so rude to a customer on the phone that we all looked at each other in awe!! We finally got settled into our room which was ok but nothing special. The next morning we were in having breakfast and a fuse of something blew. My cousin went up to the desk to tell her and she yelled across the lobby to one of the staff that "the power is out" I have never delt with someone so unprofessional and all the time chewing her gum which was handing out of her mouth half of the time. Just before we left, the nephew was outside taking some pictures of the hotel to add to his vacation album and she came over to him and asked if he was from the "claims department" That finished it off. I was so glad to get out of there. To top it off I spent my Best Western points to stay at that dump. I have stayed at quite a few Best Western hotels in the US and NEVER had any problems like at this one. Please don't let this place spoil it for the other ones.

1 Thank hugsalot24
Toronto
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I booked a night using my Entertainment Card at $62 a night by phone. I got to the hotel, they tried not to honour it at all, saying I was not supposed to get the rate, I argued and ended up getting it for $72. As it was done by phone I didn't have it on paper so I didn't bother arguing or calling Best Western. The rooms are cramped, and not particularly clean, the staff is quite unfriendly and they do not offer supplies you forgot (toothbrush, etc...) and the breakfast is just awful. It' is close to the airport so if you are just in and out for the airport I suppose it will do but I will definitely look for other options next time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CanadianTraveller883
Toronto
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Perfectly average. Nothing to complain about, nothing to heap praises about.
Average check in experience. Average room, albeit with older style sheets/bed spreads. (I kinda do like the newer lightweight duvets you get at many mid-priced hotels now...)
Average breakfast.
Average price paid for room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
thengst, General Manager at Best Western The Inn at Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Our property continues to improve in many areas including; new LCD TVs, enhanced bedding package, upgrade from double beds to queen beds, resurfacing of all bathtubs, increase in wireless internet speed, and additional seating for our breakfast area. We are also becoming more aware of our carbon footprint and although we already have a program to save water and detergent, will soon be looking to go more "green".
Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

If you like hair in the sink, toilets that barely flush, vending machines that work sometimes, tv that has to be unplugged and plugged back in before turning it on every time, and let's not forget spiders then this is the place for you. The staff tried to be help full but seemed to just except the fact that this place sucks.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank D D
It is unfortunate to hear of an unpleasant stay after check out as our staff and management team will correct any issue to make it right. Our staff is empowered with an "I Can Do That" attitude that extends to involve management when necessary for quick resolution. In the future, if management is not present, obtain a business card that includes an e-mail address. Our management team's e-mail addresses are connected directly to our mobile devices for quick review and response.
Carleton Place, Canada
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The rooms need some modernizing but were clean & the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast buffet includes hot waffles. On our second night the room across the hall flooded because of an error by the hotel guest. Water leaked into our room & onto the carpet. Because of this, the manager did not charge us for the 2nd night. They offer shuttle service to the airport. There's no pool.