“A very nice experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2012

A fairly new Italian restaurant replacing the Adams Como. A big improvement over Adams.
The food is very good and the prices are moderate. We've been there twice now and have enjoyed ourselves both times. You get the feeling that they are still trying to improve the overall experience. The service is very good and the servers are dressed formally. The only probem we encountered was having to watch the sportsbar customers walk from the rear parking lot through the entire restaurant to get to the sportsbar. We will return.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

We were very pleased with the dining experience at Avezzano's Ristorante recently. From food quality to service, it was a very satisfying experience.

We were seated by someone who was apparently the manager - a pleasant fellow who gave us several seating options. We chose a table away from a large party which offered a quieter spot for us. The seating was good - the main room is large and we didn't feed crowded by other tables. Our server explained the specials and didn't rush our choices for drinks or food. It turned out that she was very attentive throughout the meal, checking to see how everything was and making sure we were satisfied with our food.

The food it self was very good. There were generous portions of everything and I felt the prices were very fair. We were started out with warm Italian bread accompanied by olive oil and herbs for dipping. The bread was warm and had a very nice light crust. It was heavenly. I must say that all the food had a nice light touch to it - nothing heavy or overpowering. We opted for Bruschetta as an appetizer and really enjoyed the delicate crustini in it. The tomato basil topping was excellent. We all had the Caesar salad and were surprised at the size of it. It could well be a meal itself with the bread.

The entrees were again generous and very well prepared. I had the Veal Parmesan. It came with three large portions of veal, cooked perfectly, accompanied by spaghetti with a mild marinara. My wife had the Chicken Marsala and our son had Chicken Piccata and they both praised the portions and food quality. We came home with plenty of leftovers!

I didn't spend much time looking at the wine list but we enjoyed a couple of the house wine choices. They were very good and reasonably priced.

It was a great meal from start to finish and the service was excellent. The prices were right and in my book that means we will be back often. It was a great choice for dinner this evening!

1  Thank Dennis034
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I was part of a planned dinner party. The meal started off well with a salad based on spinach (not lettuce) with a choice of two delicious salad dressings. The rest of the experience was a great disappointment. The servings of chicken piccata were thin and small, I had only six quarters of a potato and a mix of zucchini, peppers and onions. Dessert was "tiramisu" (actually mousse). But the service was deplorable. The waitress needed to be reminded to bring water even after we asked her repeatedly, and she asked us if anyone wanted decaf, and when we said no, she assumed that meant no one wanted regular coffee or tea. She also told us that they had no tartar sauce for the fish (another menu option) and we needed to tell her to mix mayonnaise and relish. They also apparently ran out of rolls. This place was much better when it was Adam's Como Park. I know I won't be coming back again.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Avezzano Ristorante is in the location previously known as Adam's Como Lounge. My sisters and I celebrated a birthday there this evening. The menu choices were varied and numerous. One option is to select your pasta with a variety of sauces and meats to your specifications. The salads and crusty Italian bread were fresh and delicious as was the minestrone soup. Our dinners included chicken marsala, eggplant parmesan, pasta with bolognese sauce, and chicken scallopine. Included in the dinner were fresh green beans and small twice baked potatoes. Service was excellent, but sadly the dining room was not very busy. We hope the word gets out soon and others give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed December 3, 2011

We went to this new place with two friends after seeing the manager, Brian, on AM Buffalo describing his new restaurant and some of the dishes. Though it was a bit more stark than i thought it would be, that did not take away from it's ambiance at all. The Cesar salad is wonderful, the bread warm and fresh, and since i was in the mood for plain old spaghetti and meatballs, I was glad I ordered that because it was perfect! both men ordered lasagna. It was different, very, very large portion, less meat than my husband is used to and loaded with cheese. He actually thought it was excellent. Our other friends favorite is the gnocchi....it's the second time she's ordered it. We had no room for dessert, but we saw the huge homemade tiramisu at the next table and decided to save room for dessert next time. The manager is very visible and makes sure you are being taken care of. We will return again. Pprices are very reasonable