“Very impressed”

Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
New York City, New York
“Very impressed”
Reviewed August 18, 2010

This hotel was so clean and modern. We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff was so nice and accomodating. Great breakfast and pool area. Right across from airport and did not hear one plane

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Rebecca S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I checked in with my family before we left for Miami. I can tell you I walked barefoot from the 2nd floor where we are at to the pool and I did not feel anything on my feet but soft, clean floor and new, soft, very clean carpet. The pool was great for my kids and the whirpool was great for me. The price was is just like some other marriott. There is no kitchen here but the breakfast got a lot of choices. Definitely a marriott. I will come back here anytime. The fitness room has all the new machines on site. They have 2 computers for your needs and a printer and a copier near the lobby. The front desk staff are all pretty and amazing. I love this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank kudang
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Stopped here for 2 nights. I chose this hotel based on its proximity to the Airport, price and reviews and was glad. Upon arrival, following two flights from the UK I was glad that the hotel was so close. Contacted them as soon as I collected my baggage and within 5 minutes they had picked my daughter and I up.

I had a King suite, which was very spacious and extremely clean and was also suprised given its location that you cannot here a single plane, it is very quiet.

The hotel shuttle bus took us back to the Airport to catch a local bus to Niagara Falls within 10 minutes of requesting a ride.

The breakfast has a selection of food from a waffle station, bagels, muffins, cereals, youghurt with juices, coffee and tea.

There is a wide variety of clientele from families to business, with facilities to accomodate all including a reasonably large indoor pool with towels provided and comfortable seating and a good gym. There is a small business suite which I did not use. There is a "shop" area which I would describe as a kiosk really but if you wanted a quick snack or some candy then you should find something here.

There are not many eateries nearby but you can drive a few miles and locate one or the hotel shuttle will drive you to one upon request.

This hotel was the first of six we were staying in the US and an excellent start to our lobg vacation. I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again if I was in the area and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank alwall
toronto
Reviewed August 2, 2010

We stayed here for one night in Aug/10
THE GOOD: Chose this hotel because it's the newest in the city, opened for about a year, as such everything is still shiny and smells good. Bright colour scheme of orange, lime green and everything else. Average size room was perfectly adequate with a desk , 4-drawer dresser, small-ish flatscreen, easy chair. Little extras in the bathroom such as mouthwash and vaseline lotion. Surprisingly large gym and pool area. Breakfast is your typical mid-range hotel type with yogurt, fresh apples, make your own waffles, and the coffee was pretty good. Directly across from the airport made it central for our shopping destinations and noise from the planes not an issue.
THE BAD: I thought the beds were rather lumpy - not overly comfortable for me. Towels were thin (not a big deal). Would have preferred a walk-in shower vs. the bathtub, shower liner needed washing as it was turning pink from soap build up. I find Buffalo hotels in general to be a little pricey - front desk staff said they have a 90% occupany rate.
Would definitely stay again - at least until they get the Marriott right next door built, which will be in about a year.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lolabarney
Stafford, Virginia
Reviewed July 28, 2010

When visiting relative in Lancaster, NY, we try to find newer hotels that offer reasonable prices, clean and comfortable rooms and plenty of amenities...we found just that at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. Yes, it is across from the airport full of people leaving the area, but we were not kept awake by jet noise. Breakfast served daily, small business center, nice lobby, nicely decorated and very clean. We were given a handicap room for one night but we did not like the bathroom set-up: floor got puddles from roll-in shower and no place to put clothes or bath accessories in there. The next night we moved to another room. A couple fast food restaurants nearby, but no dinner chains- limited choices.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank iTeachVirginia
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I would highly recommend this hotel if you are travelling out of BUF International Airport. Great location, very clean and comfy rooms, great indoor pool area. Excellent front desk service and great response time from their hotel airport shuttle service. We stayed here twice this month. Once on the way out of BUF and again on the return. Perfect to park your car and fly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank FirstClass001
Ennis, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2010

We were a group of 20 Vietnam Veterans and wives meeting after 43 years.
The hotel staff could not have been more accomodating with the shuttle to the airport and restaurants. We had meeting facilities available to us all during the stay.
Everyone raved about the rooms, especially the beds, cleanliness and coutoureous staff throughout the hotel. The pool and excercise room got plenty of use and the breakfast has a lot of choices.
Our stay could not have been more perfect.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business