“Great stay”

Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Mascoutah, Illinois
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed here on business for two nights and was very impressed. First of all the staff greeting me was very friendly and helpful. The hotel looked brand new in my opinion and was very clean. The room was a typical Fairfield room but again very clean. As I have commented before, now that Fairfield has a hot breakfast their stock has risen with me. Overall a great stay and good prepaid price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Amanda E, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear TMK2463,
We are so glad that you took time to write this awesome review on Trip Advisor! We take great pride in our hotel and are happy that you noticed. I agree that our new hot breakfast is a total hit! The make your own waffles and scrambled eggs are the greatest! I am glad that you got to take advantage of our Advanced Purchase rate and hope that you will return for business, or even better, a leisurely trip to Buffalo!
Warm regards,
Amanda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
burlington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is clean! Great service and breakfast. Perfect location. Free ice cream in lobby. I have stayed here 3 times and have never been disappointed! Rooms are clean pool is clean and warm. When I'm in the area this hotel is always my first choice.

• Stayed August 2013
Amanda E, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear M13638,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review on Trip Advisor!
We take great pride in our hotel and are glad that our guests take notice. I agree that our new hot breakfast is great, and isn’t the soft serve ice cream machine just the coolest?! We love it!!
Thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel, we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again!
Best wishes,
Mississauga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed here for one night on a shopping trip in Buffalo. Pleasantly surprised at how quiet it was considering it is located directly across from the Buffalo Airport. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Breakfast was ok (have stayed at other Fairfields that are better), but it's most likely just ok as it's an extremely busy hotel and hard for the staff (1 person in this case) to ensure that the food doesn't run out. You would think that on weekends they would have more than 1 person mannnig the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Amanda E, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear MommyDearest_13,
I want to thank you for your helpful TripAdvisor review of our hotel. Being an airport hotel, we tried to make our rooms as soundproof as possible so that our guests could sleep comfortably. I hope that you were able to enjoy breakfast although it was a busy weekend. I'm glad to see that you got some shopping in during your stay, and hope that you found some great deals!
Best,
Davidsville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Been here before, good location for business travel, located across the street from the airport but unless you are outside I heard no airplane noise. Convienent for free breakfast in the morning nothing fancy but works. Free USA Today news paper in the morning and good wireless connection in the room so you can get plenty of work done, easily.
Located close to restuerants that are within walking distance and many more that are an easy drive away.
Very close to accessing the tollway as well.

Room Tip: Have not had a bad room yet, enjoyed the king size bed though.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ByronS564
Dear ByronS564,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! Our hotel is really ideal for any business traveler. Being so close to the airport, we had to ensure that our guests could sleep in peace without air noise, so soundproofing was a top priority. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy our WiFi and free USA Today. We really do try to making business travel a little easier on our guests. Let us know when you'll visit again, and we will make sure we have a king bed waiting for you!
Miami
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed here for one night after visiting our grand kids in order to be close to the Buffalo airport to fly home at 0-dark hundred! It's only a 5 minute drive to the airport so convenient. My husband and I had booked a room using points and they found that reservation easily at check in however we had booked a room for my girlfriend via Expedia and the lady at the check in desk couldn't find the reservation and it took a few minutes to sort it all out. We were all given rooms on the ground floor which was fine; however, in our bedroom the blanket on the bed was really flimsy and light and I was pretty cold all night. We looked in the closet and the drawers for a comforter or extra blanket but there wasn't one which we found quite strange in a climate such as Buffalo's. You would think they would keep blankets or comforters in the closest year round. We are from Miami so I feel the cold! We only had a few hours at the hotel so didn't bother to complain, I just put all the towels from the bathroom on my bed. The bathroom was nice and clean and had a good massage shower. My girlfriend did not sleep much at all she told us the next morning as the a/c was so noisy (she is always hot so had the a/c on!) so light sleepers beware. One good note, the breakfast which opened at 6 a.m. was laid out early so since we had to leave at 6:15 a.m. to catch our flight, it was great that it was all ready ahead of time so we could grab a bite before leaving. Good choices, hot and cold, nice light yogurts and hard boiled eggs, plus fruit, oatmeal etc. The bananas however were green and inedible! So, it was ok for what we needed but it wasn't anything outstanding. One good thing to note, the Marriott Courtyard just adjacent to this property has a bar which is open until 10 p.m. so we were able to pop over there and get an adult beverage which was handy :-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear mwooduk,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a helpful review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! I am so sorry that we had issues checking your friend in, and hope that she was not too inconvenienced. I also want to apologize for your room being chilly. Being a Texan living in Buffalo, I also feel the cold and understand your pain! If you're ever with us again, please let me know so I can grab you some extra blankets! We truly appreciate all of your feedback, and hope that you'll choose to stay with us in the future should you ever visit the Buffalo area again.
newfer23
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had absolutley no complaints about this hotel. We stayed there in mid July as we were going to the Niagara Fashion Outlets. This was only a 20 minute drive from the outlets. The room was clean and spacious, comfortable bed, LG flat screen TV. The pool and hot tub were clean and a good temperature.

I would definitely stay here again. My only possible complaint would be the breakfast. It was your standard hotel breakfast buffet, nothing fancy. But then again it was included in the price of the hotel room so I can't complain that much!

Room Tip: Our room was right next to the elevator. Next time would request to be further away
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Amanda E, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Newfer23,
Wow!! Thank you very much for the awesome review on TripAdvisor of our hotel! We are so pleased that you enjoyed our hotel during your shopping trip. We recently added some items to our buffet and are still figuring our what our guests like and need, so thank you for your feedback.
Next time, we will be more than happy to find you a room far away from the elevators.
Thank you again!
Portland, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed here after visiting Niagara. It's only about 30 minutes away and a very easy drive. The hotel was nice and clean - similar set up to the other Fairfield Inns. My only issue with the Fairfield is that you have to squeeze by the sleeper sofa (when it is out) to get to the bathroom. This room was pretty large so you had a little wiggle room by the sofa but if someone is sleeping there, you may wake them up.

Breakfast was good but typical of Fairfield - eggs, sausage, waffle station, muffins. The only problem was that the breakfast area was packed with a group of teenagers going to camp so the breakfast choices were limited.

The pool and hot tub were great and not crowded. Liked that it was indoors. Overall good stay and much cheaper and nicer than any hotels at Niagara.

Room Tip: Even though the hotel was packed with teenagers, we had no noise issues in our room on the 3rd floor...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear wigx2154,
I want to thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! I truly appreciate the honest and helpful feedback. I am very pleased that you were able to enjoy our great pool and spa area and that your room was nice and quiet for you. Being close to the airport, we have soundproofed our hotel rooms so that our guests can get a good nights rest.
We hope you'll visit again,