Hampton Inn Buffalo-Airport/Galleria Mall
Comfort Inn Cheektowaga(Cheektowaga)(Great Value!)
$98
$72
Best Western The Inn at Buffalo Airport(Cheektowaga)(Great Value!)
$80
$129
Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport(Cheektowaga)(Great Value!)
$93
Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport(Cheektowaga)(Great Value!)
$58
$117
$93
Hotels.com
$76
Days Hotel Buffalo Airport(Cheektowaga)(Great Value!)
$79
$55
$139
Travelocity
Courtyard Buffalo Airport(Cheektowaga)
$139
All reviewsgalleria mallcomplimentary breakfast isstay there againshopping tripshopping and restaurantscross border shoppingbusiness tripthe hotel is cleangreat place to staybuffalo airportexcellent hoteloff the highwaypool and hot tubexcellent stayacross the streethockey tournamenteasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Having stayed in many of the hotels in the Buffalo Airport area (okay, this one is a little bit out of the airport area, but still close), this is a pleasant surprise.

This hotel is across from a mall with a Target and across I-90 from Walden Galleria. Never really considered staying here - not much curb appeal. Was very pleasantly surprised - must have been recently renovated and is very clean.

I can't comment on the smoking issue in a previous review - never smelled smoke on the 3rd floor.

Canadian shoppers will love the location - 2 minutes to Walden and lots of other stores nearby.

Great amenities - good size indoor pool with linked whirlpool, fully mobility accessible (this must be something new - the last Hampton I reviewed - Hampton Inn&Suites Syracuse I-690 had the same setup) and a great gym. There is even a patio.

Staff were very pleasant throughout. Breakfast room was a bit small for a hotel this size, but the staff were great about keeping food stocked and making sure everything was clean.

Noise from aircraft on approach and arrival (this hotel is close to BUF) was generally minimal due to good soundproofing, although very early morning/late night flights might be a little disruptive to light sleepers if your fan is not on.

I will definitely consider this Hampton Inn again when I return to the Buffalo area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank PabloYYZ
Alyssa R, Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Airport/Galleria Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel! We’re happy you noticed our renovations, as we have recently completed full renovation of our property in March! We uphold ourselves on our cleanliness as well as our service, and are glad you had good things to say about both! You’re absolutely correct when you say Canadian shoppers love the location- we’re very close to both the Walden Galleria and Target and our shuttle service is offered to both! We’re also glad to hear you enjoyed use of our indoor pool and hot tub, as well as our sun deck, which is a nice addition in the warmer months. We’re glad the noise of airplanes from the airport didn’t bother you. We do hope you return again soon!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Very convenient to airport. Staff was very helpful, especially Christine and Amber. Walking distance to very good restaurants and shopping. Heard sounds of airplanes as hotel is in flight path. I would have no problem staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for staying with us! We appreciate your kind comments about our staff and the hotel in general. We are located near the airport, but about 10 minutes away, so we find that it can be a little quieter than being located right next to it. Our location is perfect for those who like to shop and eat as well! We hope you will return if you are back in the area again!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Hampton Inn is our go-to hotel when we travel, we can always count on a clean room and helpful staff and this hotel is no exception. Fantastic front desk staff and clean, nicely decorated rooms. I would have given it 5 stars but unfortunately this hotel allows smoking in the rooms and they have "non-smoking" rooms on the "smoking" floors depending on demand.

We had reserved a non-smoking room and this was confirmed at check-in though I have always thought this redundant since I have only stayed in smoke-free Hamptons (I actually thought the entire chain was smoke-free). When I entered the room it distinctly smelled of cigarette smoke, though admittedly I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke....my daughter thought it smelled ok. I called the front desk and was told that the hotel did indeed allow smoking and I was on a smoking floor in a non-smoking room and the nearest room with a smoker was at the "other end of the hall". I asked to be moved to the non-smoking floor and, although the hotel was full, they were extremely nice and worked very hard to move my room.

The hotel is otherwise lovely, but this is sort of a huge issue in my opinion. Those who are sensitive to cigarette smoke know that it is very difficult to get it out of the upholstery and carpeting once someone has been smoking in the room. Not to mention the fact that this is also a terrible fire hazard.

I do hope they consider making this a smoke-free hotel, then it would definitely be 5 stars.

Room Tip: If you truly want a non-smoking room specifically request to be on the non-smoking floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel! Unfortunately, we do allow smoking on the top floor of our hotel in several, specified rooms. We apologize that this affected the nonsmoking room you were placed into, and I’m glad to hear that the front desk staff was able to switch your room to a different floor, despite being busy. While the majority of our guests prefer nonsmoking rooms, we do have some guests who request a smoking room. We are glad once your room was switched, everything else was exceptional. We hope you choose our hotel again if you return to the area, and we can ensure you are put on a lower, non-smoking floor!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I travel on business and this place is located in a perfect spot. Close to mall, resturants, everyday stores (i.e, phone provider, Target, etc.) - general life! The hotel is very clean, food for breakfast and some sort of afternoon snack, and staff makes sure your stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for choosing our hotel for your business travel! Sometimes it’s nice to relax and get out and explore when you travel somewhere new, and we’re glad you were able to do this while staying here! We also appreciate your comments about our breakfast and cleanliness and we will inform our housekeeping and breakfast team of your kind comments! Our staff does try to go above and beyond to make sure everyone’s stay is excellent. We hope you choose us again if you return to the area!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stayed at Hampton aug 9 & 10 for a bit of retail therapy. Hotel very clean, front desk staff helpful, loved the king size bed. Hampton close to walden galleria mall, target and restaurants. Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que is right in front of the hotel, this restaurant was very enjoyable. All in all a great stay and looking forward to returning. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Sometimes retail therapy is the best kind of break from hectic situations in life, and luckily our hotel is the perfect location to do so! We pride ourselves on both our cleanliness and service, and are happy you noticed this! We’re happy you enjoyed the location, as well as Famous Dave’s. We do hope you make it back down here again soon!