“Nice short stay and good breakfast.”

Hampton Inn Buffalo-Airport/Galleria Mall
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was stayng only overnight before a trip to Florida leaving my car for a week on the hotel site and leaving from Buffalo Airport next morning. Shuttle to the airport was fine and I forgot something and was taken back right away to the hotel to pick it up. On return I was met within 12 minutes of calling to be picked up. Nice breakfast. Very clean and well appointed room. Nice breakfast and an obliging and helpful front desk. Would go back.

Room Tip: There is a Galleria Mall right across the street. I stayed on the fifth floor and in a quiet room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Desirae K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Airport/Galleria Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for staying with us prior to heading off to sunny Florida! The park and fly package is an easy and stress free way to start your vacation. I am so glad you took advantage of leaving your vehicle with us, utilizing the shuttle service, and having the overnight accommodations all for one packaged price! You can just leave any worry behind and enjoy your vacation! I hope you had a great trip to Florida and we can’t wait to have you as a guest of ours again. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Buffalo Airport – Galleria Mall!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Buffalo-Airport/Galleria Mall

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Westayed at Hampton Inn for one night on Saturday, March 2nd. It was our annual trip to Buffalo to catch a Sabres hockey game and do a bit of shopping. We checked in early at 1:30 pm because the Sabres were playing an afternoon game at 3:00 pm. The front desk clerk was friendly and very helpful. Grabbed a coffee from their 24 hour coffeestation, which really hit the spot after our 2+ hour drive from Canada. The room was spotlessly clean with a wonderful king size bed. (Only thing missing was a makeup mirror in the bathroom). The location can't be beat - close to Walden Galleria, Target, Pier 1 and the drive to the hockey arena took us about 10 to15 minutes. When I attempted to grab a hot chocolate on our way up to bed, the urn with hot water was empty. A hotel employee immediately appeared and quickly brought me a cup of hot water. I so appreciated their action. The woman who runs the breakfast area is absolutely wonderful. The scrambled eggs, bacon, french toast and pastries are all promptly restocked and fresh. She pleasantly checks if you are enjoying your breakfast and ensures all guests are happy without being intrusive. Seems like she genuinely enjoys her job and wants all guests to have a goodstay. My husband and I will definitely be returning next year and look forward to it. Greatstaff and superior accommodations!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

I would like to thank you for returning to our hotel for your annual trip to see the Sabres play! I hope the game was an exciting one and you and your husband enjoyed yourselves. I must say I am very thankful to have a great team of people here with me at the Hampton Inn Buffalo Airport Galleria Mall that truly enjoy what they do! Having employees who enjoy their job is something that you just cannot train. We all would like to welcome you back sooner than next year, maybe a midsummer shopping trip and a walking tour of Downtown Buffalo? Thank you again for being a continued guest and have a great day!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Was supposed to stay at this hotel for business but was turned away because my tax exempt form was supposedly "out of date". The front desk manager was probably the most rude person I have ever interacted with and falsely represented herself as the hotel manager. Also would not give me her last name, presumably because she did not want me to speak to corporate about this. In the end, I took my "out of date" form across the street to the Marriott.. they took me in without a problem. Hampton Inn staff could surely use some training from the Marriott on friendliness and good service! My coworkers and I will never go back here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank MPHGirl23
Desirae K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Airport/Galleria Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for reaching out to us via TripAdvisor. We sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had at check-in and for any inconvenience our policy and New York State Laws caused you. Please know that we value all of our guests and we strive to serve and accommodate you the best we can. I hope that you will give us another chance during your next visit to Western New York so that we may show that we are indeed committed to providing uncompromised service. Please feel free to contact my office directly so that I can personally handle your reservation.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is a great hotel. It has a wonderful breakfast, nice pool, well equipped fitness room and very helpful staff. Good location to malls and restaurants. Have stayed here approx. 5 times in the last 2 years for my daughter’s soccer team and will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for being a loyal guest of ours! We love to have repeat guests come back over and over again to enjoy our property in its great location with all the amenities you so nicely spoke about. Thank you! I hope your daughter’s team had fun and challenging games and that they won each one. We look forward to having you back for the next game or if you just need a getaway.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Went with a friend for a cross-border shopping weekend. It's the second time I've stayed here. It's close to everything I want. Target, Starbucks and IHOP are walking distance (though we didn't walk). The Galleria a five min drive away. Great service, quiet hotel even though the lobby was under renovation.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

I would like to thank you for returning to our property as a loyal guest. Thank you for being so understanding during our renovation process which has now come to an end. We have a beautiful lobby, breakfast area, new hallway carpet / wall coverings and guest room carpet. You will be impressed during your next visit with us. Thank you again for continuing to be our guest!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Really enjoyed the hotel. Recently upgraded carpet and furniture. Very clean. Breakfast was wonderfuly. The location is very close to the Walden Galleria for shopping. Right off the highway. Great value for your money. Would definitely stay there again. Hot tub and pool were excellent.

Room Tip: Great location.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you like the upgrades we have made to the property. We are very excited about all the upgrades ourselves! Thank you for pointing out what a great location we have because the hotel truly is located centrally within Western New York and right next to the Galleria Mall. Thank you for your feedback and have a great day!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

If you are looking for an excellent spot to stay during your shopping experience, then I hightly recommend this hotel. It is conveniently located to the highway/thruway for easy on/off access. It is also not far from downtown Buffalo for any venues held at the stadiums. Rooms are recently renovated and the lobby is still under renovations but it does not interfere with the breakfast area or reception. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Desirae K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Airport/Galleria Mall, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for your amazing review of our property. I could not have said it better myself regarding the location of our hotel to all your shopping, downtown, thruway access, and restaurant needs. Thank you for your kind words about our team! We truly work to make all our guests have an enjoyable stay and help them with anything they may need. Our renovation is coming together nicely and will be completed by the end of the month. It is looking amazing and, yes, each of our amenities has not changed due to the renovation. Thank you for being a loyal guest of ours and we welcome you back soon!