“Visited again and enjoyed our stay very much!”

Courtyard Buffalo Airport
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Rochester, New York
“Visited again and enjoyed our stay very much!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed at CY Buffalo a few months ago and had an issue with a late check-out (see "Do NOT ask for late check-out and expect your stuff to be there!" for details, if you must). When we made the GM (Felix) aware of the issue, he was very apologetic, offered to reimburse for thrown-out food and a free night. We stayed there a little more than a month later (though TA wouldn't allow me to enter another review until 3 months have passed) and enjoyed out stay very much. The room was quiet, clean and spacious - though I thought viewing the TV was difficult, until my wife found that is was on a drawer that could be pulled out :). The bed is comfortable. The shower is roomy. The cafe offers a nice menu and is well-run. Terrific location if you need to be near the airport, thruway or the mall, but not too far from downtown. Keep up the good work and thanks!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dave E
James C, AGM at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your return trip to our hotel! It is only through valuable feedback we receive from guests that we would be in a position to know where we go wrong and rectify the circumstances; in order to ensure that we do not repeat the same in the future. I am happy to hear that your enjoyed your stay and we do hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I'm not sure what these "1 review" tripadvisors are being picky about, since after spending 3 nights there I can report that this is a great hotel in its class. This property is 2 years old, looks brand new throughout, and has a professional and friendly staff. It's very modern, has free internet and well lit free parking, and a large pool and hot tub. The beds were comfortable, and the bathroom was large and had a walk in shower. There's an outdoor courtyard with a fire pit, a restaurant, and is directly across from the airport. I have nothing to complain about and we had an excellent stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review. I’m very glad you had an enjoyable stay and were able to take advantage of the amenities we offer. I’ll be certain to share your comments with my staff, they will be happy to know they were recognized. Thank you again for your wonderful comments and we hope to have you stay with us again.
Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Spend 5 nights there on a business trip.

This Place is immaculate. Even if you are almost on the airport tarmac, I never heard a plane. Bed is really comfortable, usually I don't sleep well in hotels(even I have to do it often) , but I was able to get my 8 hours of sleep easily.

Nice bathroom: the walk-in shower is just great.

Will return there if I got business in the area again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I’m glad you found the hotel quiet from outside noise and you were able to get a good night’s. We’ve had many compliments regarding our showers. It is good to know you agree. Thank for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The hotel is pretty soulless if somewhat efficient and convenient to the airport. I spend in excess of 100 nights per year in Marriott properties (usually higher grade hotels) and this is the first Courtyard I've tried in a long time. I always stay at least five nights at a time up to two weeks. This stay was a mixed bag with some significant flaws.

The nightstands are annoyingly small and inconvenient.. One can barely fit an iPhone and Kindle next to the phone. Closet hanging space was inadequate if you intend to stay more than a night or two. The room was on the small side, but quite well organized. The bathroom was good and a having a real shower instead of clambering into a bathtub was a welcome feature. Don't expect the morning paper at your door.

The lobby/lounge/dining room/bar/business center is sprawling, undefined and uninviting. I'd rather go to a dive biker bar than order a drink at the cafeteria counter in the "Bistro." Perhaps this is what all Courtyards are like. I'll take my food and beverage business elsewhere.

Housekeeping evidently forgot to service my room one day and when I requested the room be attended too after I returned from work, the front desk clerk tried to throw it on me: "Did you have the do not disturb sign on?" NO. "It's a bit late for this...etc." You're telling me? "Do want new towels or something?" Unbelievable. The hotel did not service the room, go and do the job, make the bed and whatever. I paid for it, so do it. I think the clerk had to go and do it herself. Staffing in this place is apparently skeletal.

Overall, this is at best a so-so hotel experience. Don't expect much in the way of character or service and you should be happy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear the décor and layout of the hotel wasn’t fully to your satisfaction. Although we have received many positive comments regarding our lobby and guestrooms, I do understand that much of that is a matter of personal perception and relative functionality. Please accept my apologies for the oversight in housekeeping and the poor response from my desk staff. You can feel assured that I have addressed the matter with both teams. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Ok, so we had to ask for a once over in the bathroom - it happens sometimes. I didn't let it overshadow anything. We reserved a suite and was also told there were only 5 in the hotel. Ours was handicapped accessible. It was fine, no room service (knew ahead of time), provided enough room for a small get together before the bride and groom (not my husband and myself) left for Mexico after their wedding, which turned into a long and very celebratory evening (lots of fun)! We were very glad to have the extra room in the suite. Across the street from the airport, so very close and easy to get to. The wedding we attended was at Samuel Grand Manor and it was a very good location for that - just a few miles away. Across the parking lot was a McDonalds. Also just a mile or two from the mall where the tuxes were rented, so incredibly convenient and a good mall too! Very easy, no problems kind of stay. Staff was great and always attentive. This made up for the bathroom not being as clean as it should've been upon arrival. They fixed it immediately and apologized, offered a drink or something to eat from their little shop. Good stay overall.

Room Tip: We had a suite and others had a queen size room - both were good. If you are normally people to hos...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the oversight in your bathroom. It is good to know the staff was responsive and resolved the issue immediately. I’m glad you had a fun evening and enjoyable stay overall. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again if you are back in Buffalo.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed here for a night while attending a wedding.

Pro's: near airport
modern rooms
clean
comfy beds

Con's:
front desk staff
Arrived at 3:30, and was told our room was not ready. Since check in was at 3, I asked "why?". The girl told me she couldn't give me a reason but it was just not ready. Did not apologize or suggest what we could do in the meantime. So I sat in the lobby painting my nails. Another 20 mins went by and she screamed from the front desk that she could "check me in now". Thought that was a little odd.

*Other than being across the street from the airport there aren't any restuarants within walking distance unless you want to eat at Mc Donald's.

Also, thought it was a little overpriced since a continental breakfast wasn't included.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. Your feedback is appreciated and an important tool in our continuous training program. Please accept my apologies for the less than helpful behavior you experienced at check in. You can be assured that we have taken the appropriate measures to address this issue. I am glad to hear you found your room clean and the beds comfortable. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel at the tail end of a long vacation and it was perfect! The hotel staff was friendly, welcoming and helpful. The hotel public areas were clean, well furnished and decorated nicely. Our room was spacious and quiet despite being near the Buffalo airport (which we did on purpose). The Bistro eatery had a variety of options for all meals, was reasonably priced and not bad for a quick meal to take to our room. The laundry area was clean and well equipped with front loading washer, folding table and free detergent and bounce sheets from the front desk. The front desk staff had a list of recommendations of chain and locally-owned restaurants along with printed directions to the sites and reverse directions back to the hotel. We tried a local sushi place and it was delicious. My kids used the pool and hot tub and there were plenty of towels and chairs for the area. This was an excellent stay and end to our New York vacation!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the opportunity to submit a review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you thought the staff was friendly and attentive. I will certainly share your comments with them. I am also glad to know you thought the hotel was clean. The housekeeping staff works very hard and will be happy to know their efforts were recognized. We’re appreciative to have been a part of your vacation travels and hope to have you stay with us again.