“Wonderful Hotel and Staff!”

Courtyard Buffalo Airport
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel at the tail end of a long vacation and it was perfect! The hotel staff was friendly, welcoming and helpful. The hotel public areas were clean, well furnished and decorated nicely. Our room was spacious and quiet despite being near the Buffalo airport (which we did on purpose). The Bistro eatery had a variety of options for all meals, was reasonably priced and not bad for a quick meal to take to our room. The laundry area was clean and well equipped with front loading washer, folding table and free detergent and bounce sheets from the front desk. The front desk staff had a list of recommendations of chain and locally-owned restaurants along with printed directions to the sites and reverse directions back to the hotel. We tried a local sushi place and it was delicious. My kids used the pool and hot tub and there were plenty of towels and chairs for the area. This was an excellent stay and end to our New York vacation!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the opportunity to submit a review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you thought the staff was friendly and attentive. I will certainly share your comments with them. I am also glad to know you thought the hotel was clean. The housekeeping staff works very hard and will be happy to know their efforts were recognized. We’re appreciative to have been a part of your vacation travels and hope to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed this past weekend. The room was a good size. Shower nice and large w/foot rest. Fridge, sofa bed, nice desk, armoire, hair dryer, ironing board, etc. the bed was so so. Not super comfy, but not horrible like some places. The cafe is nice to have. The fire put and garden area very relaxing. I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for your review. I’m glad you thought your room and shower were spacious. I’m sorry you didn’t feel the bed was comfortable for you. We have had many positive comments about our beds but certainly understand we all have different needs when it comes to a comfortable nights rest. Thank you for choosing our hotel and hope you’ll stay with us again.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have traveled to many places and have stayed in many hotels and found this hotel 5 stars. Love the lobby, the welcoming staff and the room we stayed in. In the morning, we opted to stay for the breakfast and found it also not only convenient but tasty. The room was very modern and clean. We were planning to use the pool but we were very busy and unable to take advantage. We did in the evening stop to have a drink in the lobby before heading to our room. The large tv and beautiful decor allow us a little relaxation. Should we ever need to stay in this area again, we will definitely consider this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. I’m happy you found the staff to be welcoming; I will certainly share your comments with them. I’m glad you took the opportunity to enjoy breakfast in the Bistro and had some time to relax and enjoy a cocktail in our Home Theatre area. I’m sorry you didn’t have time to use our pool during your stay, perhaps next time. Thank you choosing to stay with us and we hope you will return the next time you are in Buffalo.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Wow. WOW. We just returned from a two-night stay at the Courtyard Marriott in Buffalo and was incredibly impressed with the hotel and the staff. In all the years I've traveled we've never stayed in a hotel that was so stylishly furnished. The unique layout of the king room with the sleeper sofa bed changed the entire feel of the typical hotel room. It felt more like a mini apartment instead of all the furniture on one wall. The lobby area has a modern, very attractive bistro area, so enticing I actually left the hotel room and went down to the common area to settle and read for an hour. Very relaxing! My concern with the hotel being situated directly across from the airport, was completely unwarranted. We not only didn't hear a single airplane landing or taking off, we also didn't hear any noises from the other rooms, including the sounds of showers. We are already in the process of planning another vacation to the Niagara Falls area, part of the reason being the wonderful stay at the Courtyard Marriott.

And I do have to take exception to the review from reallypickylady regarding 'no decent restaurants'. The Galleria mall, an upscale shopping mall, is only 2.3 miles from the hotel and includes a P.F. Changs, a high-end steakhouse, The Cheesecake Factory, BRAVO's Italian food, etc. We were VERY pleased with the entire experience and commented more than once at how close 'other things to do' were within less than a few miles from the hotel.

I wish all hotels were this awesome!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank midwestlisa

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am very pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay and found the décor and layout of our guestrooms to your satisfaction. I’m glad you had an opportunity to relax and read in our lobby. It’s good to know you thought the hotel was quiet given our proximity to the airport. The double paned windows throughout the hotel help insulate the building from outside noise. I will be certain to share your comments with my staff; they will be pleased to be recognized. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We are staying here 8/9/2013 through 8/12/2013 and this hotel has it all. Although there are a ton of young people staying here the pool llooks inviting. There is a courtyard that is a party inviting area and the lobby says it all. Its a nice place to stay in Buffalo.

Room Tip: Upper floor with a balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I’m glad to hear you found the courtyard and lobby inviting. We’re pleased that you chose to stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

It is a typical Courtyard experience. Close to the airport, clean, modern, spacious rooms. Food however is an issue. There are no decent restaurants close by and the Takeout Taxi service does not work (called twice and got voicemail). Your options are fast food and fast food. However, the shuttle will take you to the mall with all the usual mall restaurants and it's only 10 minutes away. However, if you come in late at night it's McDonald's or the snacks at the snack bar in the lobby. They have a decent selection of packaged foods but it makes me sad not to be able to get a decent meal.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for your review. I’m glad the hotel met your expectations. I appreciate the feedback regarding the Takeout Taxi. I have my staff looking into what the issue might be but in the meantime we have set their menus aside. I’m sorry you didn’t have the opportunity to try our fast, casual restaurant, the Bistro, located in the lobby. Our shuttle service operates within a three mile radius of the hotel. We would be more than happy to bring and pick you up at any of the local restaurants only minutes away from the hotel. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.