“Cleanliness is Questionnable”

Courtyard Buffalo Airport
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past few years and while the location is perfect across the street from the airport, the rooms are not cleaned well. Simply look at the bathroom floor tiles to see what I mean. The bed sheets had hair on them from a previous guest when I opened the sheets to inspect...yuck!!! I am surprised to see that this hotel is not that cleaned considering how new this hotel is. After several stays and while some where very nice, I have to say now I have come to the conclusion that cleanliness is not their top priority. The guest service agent at front desk never asked how my stay was? Lost the opportunity to regain my business again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank FirstClass001
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and candid review of our hotel. I’m sorry you found your room to be subpar to what should be expected of Courtyard by Marriott property and please feel confident that I have taken the appropriate measures to ensure these issues are being addressed. We are committed to providing a clean, comfortable hotel and exceptional service levels. I apologize if my front desk clerk missed the opportunity to inquire about your stay however I certainly would welcome and appreciate the opportunity to regain your confidence and have you stay with us again. Once again, thank you for sharing your observations.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Buffalo Airport

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed one night as we had an early flight from Buffalo and this hotel is opposite the airport.Probably one of the nicest Courtyards we stayed in really nice decor ,modern,clean,large rooms one of our rooms had a balcony ,not that there is a view unless you like to see a McDonalds sign but would defiantly stay again ,very nice property and very pleasant staff.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. I’m glad to hear you like the décor and size of our guest rooms; our rooms are some of the largest in the Buffalo area. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay although it was short. We hope to see you again, perhaps for a longer stay, the next time you’re in the area

Reviewed January 22, 2013

My bed faced the window, looking out onto a McDonald's. The TV faced the small love seat -- I couldn't turn it to face the bed so that the entire screen was visible. If you're the type who likes to watch TV while lying in bed, I suggest you look for a different hotel. Other than that, everything was fine. Very clean and comfortable for what it is.

Room Tip: Don't choose the kind of room I had (ie: bed facing an outside window with TV off in the corner!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback, it was greatly appreciated. I’m sorry your room wasn’t to your expectations. The room configuration varies slightly throughout the hotel depending on the location. I’m glad you found the hotel clean and comfortable; I’ll share your comments with the housekeeping staff. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Fresh decor, solid services and convenient location. Rooms are new (maybe the whole hotel is?), great toiletries and TVs. Great Paul Mitchell toiletries. Bed solidly comfy, nothing to write home about. Towels do the work, but they don't match the upscale feel of the hotel The Staff here is so friendly!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. The hotel is new, less than 2 years old. I’m glad you liked the amenities we have to offer. Thanks for the feedback regarding the towels; we are currently in the process of upgrading our bath towels to a larger, heavier weighted towel. I’ll make sure I share your comments with the staff, they will appreciate the recognition. Thank you for choosing our hotel, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a shopping trip to Buffalo. Although it was near the airport and not as close to the malls as other hotels, I was so glad we did. The hotel is very nice. It is one of the newer hotels in Buffalo and thank goodness they built it. A lot of hotels in Buffalo are just not that nice! The rooms were spacious and very clean. The decor was nice -- fairly modern, but comfortable at the same time. It was nice to have a sitting area that we could sit and enjoy a beverage or two with friends. The set up of the room is very different in terms of where the bed is placed. It is not situated on one of the shared walls between rooms, but rather the wall that separates the bathroom from the rest of the room and looks out the window. The view isn't great, but I really liked the different set up. There was also a mini-fridge which was great.

Everything was great and it was a top notch hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our location and enjoy some shopping. I’ll be sure to share your comments with the housekeeping staff; they work very hard and will be proud to be recognized for their efforts. Thank you for choosing Courtyard. We hope to have you as our guest again the next time you’re in Buffalo.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed last weekend for a night to do a bit of shopping and just get away.
We used Marriott points.
The hotel is very new and modern. We were able to park right in front. The lobby is inviting. The pool we did not use but looked great (next time...). No one was in it any time we walked by.
We asked for a room on a high floor away from the elevator. We were given 504 on the top floor. It was very quiet. Our room looked out on the Fairfield hotel next door (shared the parking lot)
The room was very attractive, nice furnishings, colours, the carpet looked like it was installed yesterday, it was that clean. the bedding was nice, no strong bleach or detergent smell to the sheets at all. I have a hard time believing anyone could have any complaints about the rooms.
We bought our laptop and wifi was easy to set up. The large TV was on a swivel base to see from the bed or couch. Lots of channels. We were a little frustrated with the remote which had a delay when you pressed the up-down channel buttons to surf and there was a delay before the channel shifted (I may not be describing it well...it was our only small complaint).
The room was compact, more square as opposed to the rectangular rooms we usually see.
I liked the large shower, good water pressure. Four large fluffy bath towels in the room plus face cloths and hand towels. I was impressed that the shampoo and conditioner was Paul Mitchell brand. Large vanity area to put your stuff.
There was a fridge and coffee maker. They have complementary coffee and tea in the lobby in the mornings. Free breakfast would have made it perfect!!
We did not use the bistro, they did have a nice menu at moderate to high prices.
There is a Dennys and Tim Hortons pretty close.
We shopped and ate on nearby Transit Road where there is every chain restaurant represented (we ate at Cracker Barrel and Panera Bread). We shopped at Eastern Hills mall, Kohls, Target....all on the strip (which is close to the hotel).
There is a 18 screen movie theatre (Regal) close by, we saw Life or Pi and enjoyed it.
I would definitely highly recommend this hotel and we hope to stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hamiltontraveller

Thank you very much for the wonderful and comprehensive review of our hotel. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our convenient location to the local shopping areas. I’m happy you were pleased with the style and décor of the guest rooms. We have had several positive comments from other guest’s regarding the large showers and how quiet the hotel is; it’s good to know you agree. I appreciate the feedback about the remote control. I will have my engineering team check the batteries and do some other troubleshooting to see if we can fix the issue. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and look forward to having you as our guest again.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

After being stranded by Caribbean Airlines in Buffalo we were put up at the courtyard. At 3am they got us in rooms with fast and courteous service. Kudos to Michelle and the rest of the team for dealing with a plane-full of frustrated people with a smile and with patience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I’ll be sure to share your comments with the team. I’m glad we were able to make your stay, albeit short, a comfortable and enjoyable one despite the circumstances.