“The best Courtyard I have stayed at...”

Courtyard Buffalo Airport
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
New Canaan, Connecticut
“The best Courtyard I have stayed at...”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Fresh decor, solid services and convenient location. Rooms are new (maybe the whole hotel is?), great toiletries and TVs. Great Paul Mitchell toiletries. Bed solidly comfy, nothing to write home about. Towels do the work, but they don't match the upscale feel of the hotel The Staff here is so friendly!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. The hotel is new, less than 2 years old. I’m glad you liked the amenities we have to offer. Thanks for the feedback regarding the towels; we are currently in the process of upgrading our bath towels to a larger, heavier weighted towel. I’ll make sure I share your comments with the staff, they will appreciate the recognition. Thank you for choosing our hotel, we hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a shopping trip to Buffalo. Although it was near the airport and not as close to the malls as other hotels, I was so glad we did. The hotel is very nice. It is one of the newer hotels in Buffalo and thank goodness they built it. A lot of hotels in Buffalo are just not that nice! The rooms were spacious and very clean. The decor was nice -- fairly modern, but comfortable at the same time. It was nice to have a sitting area that we could sit and enjoy a beverage or two with friends. The set up of the room is very different in terms of where the bed is placed. It is not situated on one of the shared walls between rooms, but rather the wall that separates the bathroom from the rest of the room and looks out the window. The view isn't great, but I really liked the different set up. There was also a mini-fridge which was great.

Everything was great and it was a top notch hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our location and enjoy some shopping. I’ll be sure to share your comments with the housekeeping staff; they work very hard and will be proud to be recognized for their efforts. Thank you for choosing Courtyard. We hope to have you as our guest again the next time you’re in Buffalo.
Hamilton, Ontario
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed last weekend for a night to do a bit of shopping and just get away.
We used Marriott points.
The hotel is very new and modern. We were able to park right in front. The lobby is inviting. The pool we did not use but looked great (next time...). No one was in it any time we walked by.
We asked for a room on a high floor away from the elevator. We were given 504 on the top floor. It was very quiet. Our room looked out on the Fairfield hotel next door (shared the parking lot)
The room was very attractive, nice furnishings, colours, the carpet looked like it was installed yesterday, it was that clean. the bedding was nice, no strong bleach or detergent smell to the sheets at all. I have a hard time believing anyone could have any complaints about the rooms.
We bought our laptop and wifi was easy to set up. The large TV was on a swivel base to see from the bed or couch. Lots of channels. We were a little frustrated with the remote which had a delay when you pressed the up-down channel buttons to surf and there was a delay before the channel shifted (I may not be describing it well...it was our only small complaint).
The room was compact, more square as opposed to the rectangular rooms we usually see.
I liked the large shower, good water pressure. Four large fluffy bath towels in the room plus face cloths and hand towels. I was impressed that the shampoo and conditioner was Paul Mitchell brand. Large vanity area to put your stuff.
There was a fridge and coffee maker. They have complementary coffee and tea in the lobby in the mornings. Free breakfast would have made it perfect!!
We did not use the bistro, they did have a nice menu at moderate to high prices.
There is a Dennys and Tim Hortons pretty close.
We shopped and ate on nearby Transit Road where there is every chain restaurant represented (we ate at Cracker Barrel and Panera Bread). We shopped at Eastern Hills mall, Kohls, Target....all on the strip (which is close to the hotel).
There is a 18 screen movie theatre (Regal) close by, we saw Life or Pi and enjoyed it.
I would definitely highly recommend this hotel and we hope to stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hamiltontraveller
Thank you very much for the wonderful and comprehensive review of our hotel. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our convenient location to the local shopping areas. I’m happy you were pleased with the style and décor of the guest rooms. We have had several positive comments from other guest’s regarding the large showers and how quiet the hotel is; it’s good to know you agree. I appreciate the feedback about the remote control. I will have my engineering team check the batteries and do some other troubleshooting to see if we can fix the issue. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and look forward to having you as our guest again.
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed January 13, 2013

After being stranded by Caribbean Airlines in Buffalo we were put up at the courtyard. At 3am they got us in rooms with fast and courteous service. Kudos to Michelle and the rest of the team for dealing with a plane-full of frustrated people with a smile and with patience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I’ll be sure to share your comments with the team. I’m glad we were able to make your stay, albeit short, a comfortable and enjoyable one despite the circumstances.
Barnegat, New Jersey
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have nothing negative to say about my stay at the Courtyard Buffalo Airport. I chose this hotel because it was very convenient being right across from the airport when we had a late arrival flight and an early departure flight. Our room faced directly towards the airport and not once during our three night stay did we hear any sounds of an airplane, so we experienced well rested nights. Check in was quick and easy and on the day of your departure bills are slipped under the door. They have a computer located right by the elevator specifically for printing out boarding passes which I found very convenient. There is plenty of parking so no worries there. All staff that we encountered were very pleasant. Hotel is not far from restaurants and local shopping. We visit Buffalo about two times out of the year, this is our first time staying at the Courtyard Buffalo Airport and from our experience this time we will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for the great review. I’m glad to know you found the location convenient and had a well nights rest. The double paned windows help insulate the building from outside noise. The boarding pass terminal was designed as a dedicated station so you wouldn’t have to wait for an available computer to print your documents; I’m pleased that you found you found it convenient and useful. Thank you for choosing Courtyard and we look forward to you staying with us again.
Toronto
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed here one night while shopping in Buffalo. Great location for this- close to Walden Galleria Mall, TJ maxx, Target etc.
It's right across from the airport but we never found noise to be a problem. Pool was great for the kids. Room was clean and they allowed us a late checkout at no cost, which was very convenient!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I’m glad you found our location to be convenient and the hotel quiet given our proximity to the airport. It’s good to hear your children had an opportunity to enjoy the pool and that you found the hotel clean. I’ll share your comments with the housekeeping staff; they will be excited to know their efforts are recognized. Thank you for staying us, we hope you’ll be back soon.
Annapolis
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Ok, I know this is not a 5 star hotel and I gave them all 5 stars. It's because within the category of reasonably priced airport hotels, they totally exceeded our expectations. That was not easy to do because we arrived in a bad mood after our flight was delayed and therefore, we missed our outgoing plane forcing us to overnight in Buffalo. The service was attentive, pleasant, and helpful, from the airport shuttle, through check in, to departure. When they saw we weren't able to get our luggage they helped us with toiletries, etc. The room was really nice and tastefully decorated. We had just spent the week at an expensive spa and this room was not only more comfortable and more interestingly decorated, it was also more inviting and relaxing. The hotel was very geared towards the business traveler with many amenities available to make your journey just a little easier from free shuttles, to large lobby located flat screen TVs with flight info, to the lobby located Starbucks and other quick food items available for sit down or on the run. I almost wish we had been there longer so we could explore buffalo and Niagara falls before heading back to the airport. Cudos to the owner and management, great job. This was the best airport hotel we have ever visited!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review. I’ll be sure to share your comments with my entire staff. I’m pleased to hear that they were attentive and helped make your stay enjoyable. I appreciate the feedback regarding the décor and amenities in the hotel. We've received many positive comments and I'm glad to know you agree. We are very proud to offer Starbucks in our Bistro restaurant and our GoBoard is unique to Courtyard; I’m happy you found it useful. I’m sorry your stay was so short and I hope you will have an opportunity to come back and stay with us under more leisurely circumstances. Thank you for choosing Courtyard!