“Wow! Best airport hotel Se have ever visited!”

Courtyard Buffalo Airport
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Annapolis
“Wow! Best airport hotel Se have ever visited!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Ok, I know this is not a 5 star hotel and I gave them all 5 stars. It's because within the category of reasonably priced airport hotels, they totally exceeded our expectations. That was not easy to do because we arrived in a bad mood after our flight was delayed and therefore, we missed our outgoing plane forcing us to overnight in Buffalo. The service was attentive, pleasant, and helpful, from the airport shuttle, through check in, to departure. When they saw we weren't able to get our luggage they helped us with toiletries, etc. The room was really nice and tastefully decorated. We had just spent the week at an expensive spa and this room was not only more comfortable and more interestingly decorated, it was also more inviting and relaxing. The hotel was very geared towards the business traveler with many amenities available to make your journey just a little easier from free shuttles, to large lobby located flat screen TVs with flight info, to the lobby located Starbucks and other quick food items available for sit down or on the run. I almost wish we had been there longer so we could explore buffalo and Niagara falls before heading back to the airport. Cudos to the owner and management, great job. This was the best airport hotel we have ever visited!

• Stayed December 2012
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. I’ll be sure to share your comments with my entire staff. I’m pleased to hear that they were attentive and helped make your stay enjoyable. I appreciate the feedback regarding the décor and amenities in the hotel. We've received many positive comments and I'm glad to know you agree. We are very proud to offer Starbucks in our Bistro restaurant and our GoBoard is unique to Courtyard; I’m happy you found it useful. I’m sorry your stay was so short and I hope you will have an opportunity to come back and stay with us under more leisurely circumstances. Thank you for choosing Courtyard!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott for one night as part of a cross border shopping trip. This was an excellent choice of hotel with fantastic service and amenities. Incredibly clean with beautifully decorated rooms. Large cozy comfortable beds made for an excellent night's sleep. There is free wifi in the room for business travellers and ample closet space for overnight cases or hanging clothes. There is a cafe in the main lobby which serves all kinds of salads, sandwiches and more. And it is not your typical expensive hotel pricing. Although the hotel is directly across from Buffalo Airport you do not hear the planes. It is extremely quiet. The distance to Walden Galleria and many restaurants etc. is fantastic. Very well located. We also enjoyed the hot tub and pool at the end of a loooong shopping day. And though I was tempted to use the gym was too exhausted from carrying all my shopping bags. That was enough of a workout. The gym did look well equipped though. I highly recommend this hotel for an overnight stay when flying out of Buffalo or for us Canadians who love cross-border shopping.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for the great review and comprehensive description of the hotel. I’m glad you found our location convenient and had a good shopping trip. I’ll be sure to share your comments with the housekeeping department; they work very hard and will be happy to know their efforts are recognized. It’s great that you were able to take advantage and relax at the end of your day in the hot tub. Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers and we had to have you stay with us again.
Edmundston
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed in this hotel overnight before an early flight and everything was great: staff was friendly, room - very spacious and clean, bathroom - very convenient and (sic!) air conditioner - very quiet.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the nice review. I’m glad you found our guest rooms to be spacious and clean. I’ll be sure to share your comments with my staff – they will be very happy to be recognized. Thank you for choosing our hotel. We hope you had a good flight and hope to see you again.
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last weekend and it was good. Considering that this hotel is located right in front of the airport you dont hear much of the airport noise. Staff was very helpful and there is a 24hr starbucks in the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BFK15
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review our hotel. I’m very glad you enjoyed your stay and take advantage of our Starbucks. We’ve received several other comments from guests regarding how quiet the hotel is; our double pane window’s help insulate the building from outside noise. Thank you for choosing Courtyard and we hope to have you stay with us again.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Just got back from two days of shopping in Buffalo and we stayed at the Courtyard Marriott on Genesee. Here's a quick review:

I check in was fast, efficient and very friendly. Got a higher-level room as requested (nice when they actually take note of special requests and accommodate, isn't it?) ;)

The room was sparkling clean, and the bed was extremely comfortable. Lots of big pillows, so you'll get a good night's sleep there for sure.

The room has a coffee maker and they give you 3 pouches of coffee. It also has a fridge so you can throw some wine in there and let it chill while you're out and about (aka shopping!) all day.

The room didn't have a bathtub - only a large walk-in shower. That's not an issue for us, but I just wanted to mention it in case you are expecting a bathtub. I'm not sure if all the rooms are like that, so when you call to make a reservation, you might want to ask them first. Who knows, they might have different kinds of rooms.

The location is great - close to Walden Galleria Mall, Eastern Hills Mall, all the usual spots. Lots of parking available and they have a shuttle to the airport (right across the street). We used the shuttle to go to Salvatore's for dinner - I'll post a seperate review about Sal's later. That was nice - dropped us off and picked us up. Nice little touches like that that make a difference.

Next Buffalo trip we'll stay there again. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you remember to ask if they have rooms with bathtubs before you book, if that is important...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TorontoSuzanne2
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for the great review. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our convenient location. I’ll be sure to share your comments with the Front Desk and Housekeeping staff; they will be very happy to be recognized. We do have rooms with bathtubs however the majority of our guest rooms do have the walk-in shower. We’ve received several positive comments about how comfortable the beds are, I’m pleased to hear you thought so as well and had a good night’s rest. Thank you for choosing Courtyard and we look forward to your next visit.
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed here one night because it was across the street from the airport. Upon arrival, I was disappointed to find out that there was no long term free parking, and I had to park at the airport for an extra $60 Why do people stay at an airport hotel? Other than that, we enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff frinendly and effecient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be clean. I’ll be sure to share your comments and feedback with the staff. I’m sorry you weren’t aware about the parking. We do offer a park & fly package that would allow you to leave your vehicle up to ten days however complimentary parking is only available during your stay. We have a limited number of parking spaces available so it is necessary to restrict the number of vehicles we can accommodate for long term parking. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again.
Chicago
Reviewed October 24, 2012

As others have noted, the rooms in this Couryard are quite large and comfortable. I appreciate the small touches in the room.

What bothered me the most, though, was how uncomfortable the lounge area was. I, for one, am not looking to return to a hotel after a day of travel only to be greeted by top 40 pop music and blaring television sets. I know it's part of the Courtyard brand image, but sheesh, some peace and quiet would be nice. I'm not looking for a nightclub.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated. I am sorry you found the music and TV’s to be too loud. While the objective is to create a lively atmosphere, we don’t want to make it so much so that it is not an inviting one. Please feel confident that I have shared your comments with my staff and reset parameters on the volume levels for the lobby music and televisions. Thank you for choosing our hotel while in Buffalo and we hope to see you again.