“Excellent stay!”

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent stay!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed in this hotel overnight before an early flight and everything was great: staff was friendly, room - very spacious and clean, bathroom - very convenient and (sic!) air conditioner - very quiet.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for the nice review. I’m glad you found our guest rooms to be spacious and clean. I’ll be sure to share your comments with my staff – they will be very happy to be recognized. Thank you for choosing our hotel. We hope you had a good flight and hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last weekend and it was good. Considering that this hotel is located right in front of the airport you dont hear much of the airport noise. Staff was very helpful and there is a 24hr starbucks in the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BFK15
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review our hotel. I’m very glad you enjoyed your stay and take advantage of our Starbucks. We’ve received several other comments from guests regarding how quiet the hotel is; our double pane window’s help insulate the building from outside noise. Thank you for choosing Courtyard and we hope to have you stay with us again.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Just got back from two days of shopping in Buffalo and we stayed at the Courtyard Marriott on Genesee. Here's a quick review:

I check in was fast, efficient and very friendly. Got a higher-level room as requested (nice when they actually take note of special requests and accommodate, isn't it?) ;)

The room was sparkling clean, and the bed was extremely comfortable. Lots of big pillows, so you'll get a good night's sleep there for sure.

The room has a coffee maker and they give you 3 pouches of coffee. It also has a fridge so you can throw some wine in there and let it chill while you're out and about (aka shopping!) all day.

The room didn't have a bathtub - only a large walk-in shower. That's not an issue for us, but I just wanted to mention it in case you are expecting a bathtub. I'm not sure if all the rooms are like that, so when you call to make a reservation, you might want to ask them first. Who knows, they might have different kinds of rooms.

The location is great - close to Walden Galleria Mall, Eastern Hills Mall, all the usual spots. Lots of parking available and they have a shuttle to the airport (right across the street). We used the shuttle to go to Salvatore's for dinner - I'll post a seperate review about Sal's later. That was nice - dropped us off and picked us up. Nice little touches like that that make a difference.

Next Buffalo trip we'll stay there again. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you remember to ask if they have rooms with bathtubs before you book, if that is important...
1 Thank TorontoSuzanne2
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for the great review. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our convenient location. I’ll be sure to share your comments with the Front Desk and Housekeeping staff; they will be very happy to be recognized. We do have rooms with bathtubs however the majority of our guest rooms do have the walk-in shower. We’ve received several positive comments about how comfortable the beds are, I’m pleased to hear you thought so as well and had a good night’s rest. Thank you for choosing Courtyard and we look forward to your next visit.
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed here one night because it was across the street from the airport. Upon arrival, I was disappointed to find out that there was no long term free parking, and I had to park at the airport for an extra $60 Why do people stay at an airport hotel? Other than that, we enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff frinendly and effecient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be clean. I’ll be sure to share your comments and feedback with the staff. I’m sorry you weren’t aware about the parking. We do offer a park & fly package that would allow you to leave your vehicle up to ten days however complimentary parking is only available during your stay. We have a limited number of parking spaces available so it is necessary to restrict the number of vehicles we can accommodate for long term parking. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again.
Chicago
Reviewed October 24, 2012

As others have noted, the rooms in this Couryard are quite large and comfortable. I appreciate the small touches in the room.

What bothered me the most, though, was how uncomfortable the lounge area was. I, for one, am not looking to return to a hotel after a day of travel only to be greeted by top 40 pop music and blaring television sets. I know it's part of the Courtyard brand image, but sheesh, some peace and quiet would be nice. I'm not looking for a nightclub.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated. I am sorry you found the music and TV’s to be too loud. While the objective is to create a lively atmosphere, we don’t want to make it so much so that it is not an inviting one. Please feel confident that I have shared your comments with my staff and reset parameters on the volume levels for the lobby music and televisions. Thank you for choosing our hotel while in Buffalo and we hope to see you again.
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I were in town for a wedding and really enjoyed this property.
To be honest, we were really off to a bad start -I called a week before and on the day of our arrival to let them know we would need airport pick up -actually, one of the main reasons I chose this hotel. I was informed to call upon landing and they'll send the shuttle over in 5 minutes. Well, we landed at midnight, I called and the girl said they were sending the shuttle and it would be there in 5 minutes. 30 minutes later, I was told the car was on its way, it'll be 5 minutes. I called again and said to cancel the shuttle, I would just walk from the airport to the hotel and the girl stated "I can contact them now, it'll be there in 5 minutes." She neither stated "oh, I called them awhile ago, they are coming" or even acknowledged that she stated it would be there 30 minutes ago...in fact, I was even more irritated when I said I'm walking over and she responded as if she didn't hear me and simply answered a car would be there in 5 minutes. Apparently, either their front desk staff has no short term memory or concept of time and when I did have to ask questions, they never really listened to what I was asking and were quick to cut me off when speaking -this is very poor customer service and I don't think I was being unreasonable. I finally walked to the hotel and once we got there, we saw the shuttle leave the parking lot. So much for a 5 minute wait. We didn't get to our room until 1am -an hour after we called to ask for the shuttle.

Luckily, everything else about this hotel was great. The ladies at the lobby restaurant/coffee shop were really upbeat and friendly and their egg breakfast was pretty good! This hotel gets a "good" rating instead of "poor" because of them. The lobby is nice to hang out in and you can print your boarding pass right there. The gym was a good size and while I had no time to use their pool, it looked very clean and fun and I wish I had used it. There was even a nice fire pit and patio area.

The rooms were big and very comfortable -the beds & pillows were great, I could have slept there all day. The bathrooms were huge with good water pressure. This hotel was very clean, well lit and comfortable. After 2 nights here, my husband and I spent a night at another hotel at niagara falls and I really wish we had just stayed at the Courtyard instead! Also, parking was very convenient and was right next to thrifty car rental. Overall, a fantastic stay and I would stay here again, I would just try to talk to the front desk staff as little as possible.

Room Tip: Don't count on the shuttle service. Very comfortable beds.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for submitting a review of our hotel. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences and miscommunication with the shuttle. I will be sure to follow up with my staff to find where the breakdown in communication occurred. I’m glad the remainder of your stay went well. The staff at the restaurant will be happy to hear your comments. I’m glad you found your room to be clean and spacious. We’ve had several comments from other guests regarding the size of bathrooms and our exercise room; it’s good to hear you agree. Your feedback is appreciated. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
Greenwich, Connecticut, USA
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Two weeks ago I stayed here for three nights. The front desk and housekeeping staff were top notch. In fact, the head of house keeping asked me how my stay was going and if there were anything she could do to make the stay better. The room was well appointed and the bed was comfortable. The location is surprisingly quiet given its proximity to the airport.

In regards to the down side, the meal options were very poor. The was no free coffee for guests. The hours of service at the coffee bar were not convenient. One day I ate breakfast at the lobby restaurant. This meal was very good. However, that evening I ordered dinner from here to take to my room. This meal was terrible.

For whatever reason, the group of +30 I'll be with this week choose not to convene our meetings here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and positive comments. I’ll be sure to share your feedback with both the Front Desk and Housekeeping staff. I’m glad you thought the bed was comfortable; we have had several other positive comments regarding them as well. Please accept my apologies for the disappointing dinner. I will follow up with my food and beverage team. I’m sorry your group chose not have to have your meeting here – I would be very interested in more feedback regarding their decision. We certainly want your group to return. Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to have you stay with us again.