“Nicest Courtyard ever”

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Fort Lauderdale, FL
“Nicest Courtyard ever”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I only stayed at the hotel one night (arrived late and left early so I couldn't enjoy the hotel) but the decor is terrific, the rooms are huge, and the location to the Buffalo Niagara airport couldn't be more convenient as it is literally across the street. I paid $179/night, which isn't cheap, but this is the nicest Courtyard I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for the great review. I’m sorry it was a short stay and weren’t able to enjoy the rest of the hotel but found the location convenient. We’ve received many positive comments regarding how spacious our rooms are, I’m glad you found them to be as well. Thank you for choosing our hotel, we hope to have you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
burlington
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel is located right across the street from the airport. It is close to all the shopping areas. The staff are extremely helpful. The pool and hot tub were extremely cleanand the perect temp. There was a bistro on site, but i didn't eat there. The lobby is large and there is a great fire pit just outside to sit around.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

A very clean hotel, (looks like a new property), that's conveniently located enroute to Niagara Falls. The room/night was expensive considering that it's next to the airport, but nonetheless am happy with the hotel and its amenities.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for the taking the time to submit a review. We are a new hotel, our first year anniversary is August 30th. I'm glad you found the hotel to be clean. I'll share your comments with the Housekeeping staff, they work very hard and will appreciate the recognition. Thank you for choosing Courtyard and we hope to have you stay with us again.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed over one night, the room was very nice and not noisy at all. Great indoor pool, lobby and lounge, the hotel staff was very friendly. The bed and sofa bed's were both comfortable. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for the great review. We’ve received many positive regarding how quiet our guest rooms are, especially since we are so close to the airport. I’m glad you found it to be quiet also. I’ll be sure to share your comments with my staff. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to your next visit.
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We headed down from Canada to do a bit of shopping, and decided to stay overnight to take advantage of the new duty-free limits after 48 hours. Friendly, helpful staff, clean and tastefully decorated rooms. This was the first time I've ever stayed at a Courtyard by Marriott and I was pleasantly surprised. We will be back again in the future!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CdnCanoeTripper
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel and the wonderful comments. I’ll be sure to share your feedback with my staff. I’m glad you had an enjoyable stay and were able to take advantage of the new duty free limits. Thank you for choosing Courtyard and we look forward to you staying with us again.
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

We had a family wedding and stayed for 5 nights! The lobby is great with nice seating areas. The bar closes at 10 so was not always open when we returned. The staff was great! Our biggest complaint was that the coffee urn in the morning was always out of coffee! However they serve Starbucks coffee on site. There are many computers to use in the lobby and boarding passes are easily printed. They also have an interactive board where you can touch a destination you want to go see and print out directions! Very cool! The firepit is where we spent many enjoyable evenings. Rooms were clean and had a refrigerator. Nice pool and hot tub. Very convenient location!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for the great review and for taking the time to share your experience. I’ll be sure to share your comments with the staff. Please accept my apologies regarding the lobby coffee station; I’ll follow up with my Food and Beverage team. The Go Board is a feature that is unique to Courtyard and not only can you print directions, you also have the option to scan them directly to your phone. I’m glad you had a relaxing and enjoyable stay. Thank you for choosing our hotel.
Melbourne, FL
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We spent a night here recently, and loved it. It would have gotten 5 stars, but there were a few issues to mar the perfection.

The positives:
1) the lobby is beautifully done, and impressive when you first walk in. Lots of space, and seating/tables everywhere. I really liked the individual booths with their own TVs near the Bistro!
2) Beautiful outdoor area with fire pit. We did not use it ourselves, but it's a nice relaxation spot.
3) The room was lovely. Great color scheme, and upscale decor.
4) awesome pool area, with a large pool, a hot tub, and plenty of seating and towels.
5) a large exercise room, bigger than most.
6) the Bistro was a pleasant surprise. The food was better than expected, and reasonably priced.
7) very clean, esp. our bathroom with it's white tile.
8) shuttle service to the airport starts at 4:40 A.M., and is prompt and courteous.
9) loved the full length mirror in the room!
10) ZERO airport noise.

The negatives:
1) no microwave in the room.
2) there is a hair dryer, but it's in the closet with the ironing board. A placard on the bathroom counter explaining this fact would be helpful.
3) no complimentary breakfast, nor bowl of fruit at the front desk, nor citrus water as at the Fairfield Inn next door.

I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again, but having experienced both this Courtyard and the neighboring Fairfield Inn, I would choose the Fairfield because of it's complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the great feedback, both positive and constructive. I’m so glad you were able to take advantage of all the services our hotel offers and enjoyed your experience. Your comments are important to us and very much appreciated. I’ll be sure to share them with my staff. Thank you again.