“A Favorite Spot”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chautauqua
Great Tree Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Chautauqua B&B and Inns
Cleveland
“A Favorite Spot”
Reviewed February 23, 2011

I would recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone and have stayed several times. Sam and Louis make it memorable each time. The atmosphere is relaxing and inviting. The breakfasts and dinners are top notch and the Inn pairs wine events and your stay perfectly. We will be back again soon.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Elma, New York
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Went for a wine and chocolate weekend with two other couples and had a fantastic time.We spent two nights at the Great Tree Inn at Chautauqua New York.You can find nice places to stay but to me its the people like Samantha the owner that make it special.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 1, 2011

It's terrible that it's taken us this long to take the time to publicly announce that our home away from home is "The Great Tree Inn." In the 5 years of 12 visits, all we can say is "we'll be back." Our stays there are the only gifts we will allow our children to give us at Christmas time. Looking forward to our 13th visit in March.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CarlKris
Madison, Ohio
Reviewed January 28, 2011

Lovely, welcoming, great food and ambiance. My first trip to a bed and breakfast, I loved that each bedroom had its own bathroom.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Orella
Somerset, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 25, 2011

We stayed just recently at the Great Tree Inn. It was just the most comfortable and welcoming place I've ever stayed in. The rooms are just beautiful and the atmosphere is very relaxing. Sam has to be one of the best cooks anywhere. Her breakfasts are wonderful and dinner incredible. We spent the day doing things in Chautauqua and then came back to the Inn. What a great place to spend time sitting around a fire place and just relaxing. Can't say enough about how much we all enjoyed Sam and the Great Tree Inn. Won't hesitate staying there again. Thanks Sam.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 25, 2011

While most people may start with the appearance of this charming farm house less than a mile off the main road, I have to begin with the Inn Keepers. While searching for a large B&B to accommodate 6 couples for New Years Eve, I came across an enthusiastic accented voice when I called the Great Tree Inn. It was Sam, a world traveled veteran of hospitality and a damn good cook! She had exactly the personality my wife and friends were looking for as we said goodbye to 2010 and hello to 2011. She was inviting and and witty while dealing with a few very big personalities in our group, we all felt right at home right away. The common areas were perfect for us as we all shared time in the large open living room and cafe style dinning room. I could see how the setting would lend itself ideally to either a large group or a couple getting away for a weekend. On New Years Eve we made reservations at a near by restaurant of which lacked in several areas, but Sam's breakfast the next morning made us forget all about that place. On the night of New Year Day, Sam prepared a meal that my friends and I still talk about today. I will try to pull pictures from my facebook page to share. I really can not say enough good stuff about our stay. There where 2 goats that greeted us outside of the barn every time we drove up the driveway, so before we left, Louis agreed to give my wife and I a tour. He was very thorough in sharing his stories about his horses of which two were in the barn while two others were away for training. we spent a little time with the goats as well. I will hold him to his invitation to return for Curry :). So long as rooms are available, my wife and I will return to the Great Tree Inn. Please save the English Ivy room for us when we return. We loved everything about it. The size of the bed and the bathroom were perfect for my 6'8 frame. We will be back when the weather is fit for carriage rides.

• Stayed December 2010
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed November 30, 2010

My girlfrind and i spent a weekend at the Great Tree Inn and Stables. The property was everything we expected. Sam was very helpful recomending wineries, dining, and attractions. Moreover the food was exceptional. Dinner at the Inn exceeded our expectations and it was nice to just pick up your glass of wine an go to the next room and enjoy the fire and conversation. We've stayed at a number of B+B's in the past and this is at the top of our list. The location is very central to many attractions if you plan to explore or take in the wineries. They have done an amazing job renovating a very old building. The In is full or charm and detail. If you keep in mind that it is a very old building you won't be disapointed in the small things, such as bathroom size. We found that the Inn keepers left you on your own, but were their if you needed anything. Overall we loved the place and will most certainly be back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chautauqua
The Spencer Hotel and Spa
#2 of 9 in Chautauqua
William Seward Inn
William Seward Inn
#3 of 4 in Westfield

Been to Great Tree Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!