“Nice Place”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
West Springfield, Massachusetts
“Nice Place”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Good food. Affordable prices. Loved the steak special.

Visited August 2011

Chaumont, New York
“Neighborhood place to be”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

A friendly, family restaurant that's open every day. Try the Heron Fries!

1 Thank chochisu
syracuse
“a great discovery”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

My husband and I were looking for a place to eat in Chaumont after we had a long day working on a boat in a nearby marina. We happened upon the Blue Heron, and were so pleased with our visit. What a delightful place to eat!

We love places that are comfortable, cook good food that is both hearty and healthy, a menu with both traditional and non-traditional items, and a meal that doesn't break the bank. We also like good, sincere (not ingratiating), attentive service. They provided all. This review is based on 2 visits.

My husband was able to choose from his favorites- seafood or steak. I was able to order a customized salad- I wanted some ingredients from one salad and some from another. No problem- they accomodated me with no hesitation (and I was served a HUGE salad with all sorts of goodies!). The meal was promptly served, and the service was excellent. They seemed very happy to wait on us, as well as the rest of a very full dining room.

Note- on our first visit, we apparently arrived just after a bus load of very happy travelers from a wine-tasting tour had arrived. Not knowing this when we walked in (one can enter through the bar area) and asked for a table, our waitress was kind enough to ask if we preferred to remain in the bar area (where they have plenty of tables) versus dining with the "28 teachers just off the wine tour" in the next room. We thought this was very thoughtful on her part. Also- a good call. We were quite content to remain in the bar area.

I highly recommend this lovely, out of the way place to eat. We will definitely make the drive to return, with or without a boat in the marina!

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank jpook
Camillus, New York
“great restaurant!!!!!”
Reviewed February 26, 2011

We drive up from Camillus for lunch once a month, we just LOVE it there!! The wait staff is EXCELLENT, Food is outstanding, and we never felt rushed to leave! Going up on Monday!!!

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank bonnie0195
New York
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed November 2, 2010

We eat at The Blue Heron quite often. I haven't had a bad meal there. I have had everything from the wings, salads, soups, and broiled fish. My daughter thinks that their bbq bacon/cheddar burger is the best around. The prices are very reasonable. I think that the person who wrote the bad review is a disgruntled employee. The only complaints I have ever had is the bartender not being very efficient at times and the noise level of some of the regulars there.

1 Thank Missdriff