“Best Mexican Food By Far”

Destino - Cocina Mexicana and Margarita Bar
Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Castleton On Hudson, New York
“Best Mexican Food By Far”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

My husband and I have been to Destino's at least 6 or 7 times and each time the food was consistently very good. I always get the steak or chicken fajitas - delicious! My husband always gets the burrito and he loves it. They have very unique, crunchy and tasty tortilla chips - unlike any other Mexican restaurant I've been too - we always ask for a second basket because they're so good. They also have great frozen Margarita's and desserts. The service is excellent and the atmosphere is very nice too.

• Visited December 2013

New York
“Good Mexican”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stopped in to try some Mexican. Sometimes it can be tough to find a place that has good Mexican locally. I had fish tacos the first time along with a pitcher of margarita's. It seems like a nice place. Sometimes its seems like they aren't open when I would like to stop in. I plan to come back to try a few other items.

• Visited February 2013
“Original Mexican place”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

While I hardly visit Mexican restaurants in USA I thought I will give Destino a try. It was a great surprise to find that the food was original. I hope they keep it like that. I also appreciated the generosity with the chips, the salsa and the tortillas. I have been at other restaurants where they will charge for these staples of our culture. Their generosity is also evident on the plate servings. Even the kids menu comes with big portions. I can't wait to go back to try all the items in their menu.

3 Thank Dondecomerrico
sunny SW Florida
“An okay restaurant”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We stop in Chatham on our way to and from other places. Destino is okay--not an outstanding restaurant, but a comfortable place to eat in an area that doesn't have a lot of restaurants. I do like their tortilla soup.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Suzanne G
Chatham
“Great place, seating for small parties”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

You will enjoy, your enchiladas, rellenos, nachos, drinks and two kinds of mexican beer, the choices are wide, vegetarian entries available, and dishes for those who do not like spicy foods.

Visited October 2013