Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Broadway Quality Shows at a fraction of the Price

Reviewed September 24, 2018
epicNewYork
new york
Great entertainment at a reasonable price

Reviewed September 2, 2018
Richous
Meriden

All reviews no bad seats mac haydn my fair lady summer theater mamma mia round stage saturday night fever broadway quality homemade desserts season subscriber singing and dancing upstate ny front row seats broadway show production actors play
Reviewed September 24, 2018

Always creative and innovative, the MacHaydn has the best lineup of any area theatre all summer. They have a young and talented cast and they take risks with their interpretation that always makes a musical new and exciting. I saw Cabaret in NYC but enjoyed this companys production so much more. The dancing is amazing---and again---they take creative risks that work. And they are not afraid to push the envelope as in Cabaret. The result is an audience that cant wait to see what is coming next.
For theatre in the round, the sets are fantastic.
We love to sit up front

Reviewed September 2, 2018

My wife and I traveled to Chatham, New York to see two musical programs in August. The first was Mamma Mia, hand the second was The Hunchback of Notre Dam. We were amazed at the talent and professionalism at both performances. We have attended several performances over the years and have never been disappointed. With the price of entertainment these days, if you are visiting in the area during next summer I don't think you will be disappointed to attend a performance.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Our family which included girls 5 and 2 went to see “ The Pied Piper”. I was unsure if it would hold their attention but it did.

This little theatre in the round doesn’t have a bad seat in the house. The acting was animated, the singing and dancing infectious and the kids loved being so close to the actors who stayed in the aisles while not on the small stage. Plus the costumes were great.

Many thanks to the staff who were so kind to us due to my cast.

Don’t miss this for kids!

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

We have visited this summer theatre for the last 15 years and they have never disappointed us. The shows are high energy working on a round stage and using the aisles as well. If you're in the area, make it a point to see a show here. They work their hearts out.

Reviewed August 8, 2018

This awesome in the round theatre has an awesome company of actors and produces a fantastic show, not to be missed. Mamma Mia was fantastic, so was Hunchback.

Barbara P, Public Relations Manager at The Mac-Haydn Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Hi, Bruce,
We're so glad you are enjoying our shows! Thanks for commenting.

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

I took my family to see Mamma Mia at the Mac-Haydn theater and we had a wonderful time. We all left with big smiles on our faces and ABBA's music replaying in our heads.I love Mac-Haydn because it is so accessible. It is close to home with quality of a Broadway show. Ticket prices are reasonable but the performancesame are high quality. Can't say enough good about our experience.

Barbara P, Public Relations Manager at The Mac-Haydn Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Thank you! So glad you enjoyed the show. Please come back soon - "Hunchback", opening onThursday has wonderful music and voices.

Reviewed July 21, 2018

This is a new find for us. Have brought my 6 year old grandsons to 2 shows, last year Dr. Seuss and this year The Real Story of Little Red Riding Hood. They loved it and so did my daughter and I. Actors were excellent and love the theater in the round. My husband and I are going tonight to Mamma Mia. So looking forward to it.

Reviewed July 17, 2018

If you are thinking of attending a show, beware of the ticketing policy. My wife and I wanted to order tickets for a family group (4 adults, 3 children). We looked for available seats, of which there were many, about 5-6 weeks in advance, and then completed the on-line ordering process. But we made a blunder which we realized as soon as we completed the order. We immediately (within 5 minutes) called the box office which told us that all orders were final and could not be corrected. We asked the box office manager to call us and were told that she would do so. When we hadn’t heard from her after 2 days, we called her. She apparently had never been given our request for a return call, but repeated the same statement we were initially given, that all orders are final and cannot be corrected. She also told us something that was not apparent from the website, that we could have purchased the tickets by calling the box office rather than ordering on-line and that the cost would have been less had we done so. Of course, that information does nothing to resolve our initial problem. Thanks for nothing!

2  Thank Bob M
Reviewed July 15, 2018

My wife and I took a bus trip to Mac Haydn Theater with a group to see the musical "MAMA MIA." It was an excellent performance. We not only enjoyed the play but liked this 350-seat in the round. Very easy viewing the performance regardless od where you sat. Also the theater has easy free parking. Quality performances by all.

Barbara P, Public Relations Manager at The Mac-Haydn Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Thank you, Les - we're glad you enjoyed your visit with us. Come back soon!

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Saw Cabaret. The venue was charming, and the performances - band, actors, supporting staff - exceeded my expectations. I hope to see another production soon. So glad I went.

1  Thank Holly G
Barbara P, Public Relations Manager at The Mac-Haydn Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2018

Hello - we're so glad you enjoyed "Cabaret" and look forward to entertaining you again!