“Ideal for Special Occasions”

Crabtree's Kittle House
Ranked #1 of 1 Chappaqua B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

We recently celebrated a birthday at the Kittle House. The main dining room is ideal for special occasions and the recently completed "bar" area is very nice for less formal dining. The food is first-rate in both.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Nessim L
There are newer reviews for Crabtree's Kittle House

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We went to Crabtree for brunch on Martin Luther King day, a Monday. Perhaps the head chef was on vacation, perhaps not. The food was disappointing and a very nice waiter could not make up for it. I ordered the duck magret with duck eggs which were both barely warm. The brioche was burnt and the "duck confit potatoes" simply meant that a piece of duck was stuck on top of the otherwise standard brunch potatoes. My son and husband ordered eggs Benedict. One egg was filled with so much water that it had to be sent back. We had not been to Crabtree in a while and this experience is certainly not encouraging us to try again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My car went off the road in a very bad snow storm. I was towed to the local train station and needed a hotel to sleep. I was lucky to find this gem of a hotel!!! it is an amazing old building, full of character and charm. the hotel staff was very warm and welcoming... they went out of their way to get me something to eat. (their kitchen was already closed for the night)
the room was large.. the bed was very comfortable.. and i slept like a baby.
I will come back to experience their Sunday Brunch soon!!!

Room Tip: i saw a few rooms. each is very different and each has different decor. i think any room in this h...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank costaricaguy506
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I read several reviews of the restaurant before visiting this past Sunday for brunch.Some reviews of the brunch were so so.Positives,the valet parking upon arrival is most convenient,we were greeted quite nicely by perhaps the manager who promptly checked for our reservations,the service by Francisco and his staff was prompt and courteous,we found the line for the buffet to be not long,the buffet offers more than adequate choices.The negatives,we had to wait a bit while 2 tables were put together for 4 despite the fact that several tables for 4 were unoccupied,I was a bit put off when Francisco said he had to tell me the rules,rules for a buffet?,a bloody mary,mimoso is included in the $34 price,my wife asked if she could have a glass of wine instead,yes but for $7,come on,should be able to sub and I was charged for 2nd bloody mary which really was hers,the scrambled eggs were cold and hard,lastly there is an automatic 20% tip,I would like to decide the level of service( I did leave an additional tip in the holiday spirit.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I and my partner went to Crabtree during restaurant wee and back in the spring, both times I found the serve lacking. I have been going to Crabtree for 20/yrs and I have found the restaurant coming down in quality. The serves were inattentive, food came to fast, no one was around to pour the wine or offer any suggestions, welcome greeting, etc. The food was still good, but not excellent, plus I'm finding the restaurant in need of an update.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This is a large chalet/inn style restaurant. I have no experience with the hotel side of the operation, but the restaurant is very pleasant. The large and romantic dining room overlooks a pleasant garden and hillside and is very inviting. There is a sizable bar and several private rooms, including a large room suitable for weddings and other occasions that opens outside. The wine cellar is also impressive. The food and service are quite good though not inexpensive. Parking is less convenient and most nights there are valets on duty.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have had a few birthday celebrations here, always a brunch. The choices are many I usually have breakfast specials. All always good. the service has been consistently excellent. The place is busy on Sunday, with many large parties. Not inexpensive, but reasonable.
Jeremy T

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chappaqua
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Hawthorne
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester
SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Greenburgh

Been to Crabtree's Kittle House? Share your experiences!