“A real experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Jardin du Roi

Le Jardin du Roi
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Jardin du Roi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Chappaqua
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
“A real experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I was sure that the fancy French name would lead to disappointment. Joined late and the rest of the party were already tasting the little brunch tidbits with gusto. The food was delicious and the staff were willing to adapt it to our exact specifications, which were quite particular with all kind of food allergy and taste preferences, and what's most important, the chef paid attention. We were able to chat at length without any rush, order desert at long last, and talk some more. Great atmosphere (we sat outside).
I highly recommend.

Visited September 2013

Long Island
“An extremely pleasant surprise.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife and I and another couple decided to investigate Chappaqua, NY. I looked for a restaurant via Trip Advisor and an overwhelming majority of people recommended Le Jardin. This is a very unusual restaurant. It is not fancy, nor is the ambiance thrilling, we did sit outside and this was very pleasant with the sun shinning down on us. The FOOD is Delicious. The men enjoyed the lobster wrap served with French fries. The woman each had a salad which they loved. They topped off the lunch with a cappachino. They also serve breakfast and dinner.

• Visited September 2013
Old Saybrook, Connecticut
“Breakfast in the jardin”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

On a beautiful fall morning, we ate in the outside garden. The atmosphere was just right, the company excellent, and the service outstanding. Unfortunately , the food was average. I had quiche with leeks which was bland. My wife had an omelet with mushrooms, bacon and tomato that tasted oily. The staff was very attentive.

• Visited September 2013
Somers, New York, USA
“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant many times for breakfast, lunch and dinner and each time my experience was excellent. I haven’t visited for dinner in a while so we recently visited on a beautiful Saturday night as my wife wanted to dine outside to enjoy the weather. We had to wait for a table which we expected as the restaurant was very crowded and they do not accept reservations for outside. Our waiter was very good, the food was very good, but the wait for the food from the kitchen was really unexpected and a first for us. The waiter kept coming over to apologize. In addition my son ordered his steak rare and it arrived medium and had to be sent back to the kitchen another first for us at this restaurant. They did provide my son a new steak very quickly and did pick up our coffee at the end of our meal because of the wait. I hope it was just an off night and will give it another try.

• Visited June 2013
White Plains, New York
“Excellent wines by the glass, food was a little disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I recently had lunch here with two friends. I was hopeful I could get a good salade nicoise. Not so - although the tuna was well cooked, the salad was seriously under dressed. Most of the components (including the tuna) had virtually no seasoning. We also ordered a bacon cheeseburger for almost $20. The burger came without the bacon, and was dry and overcooked. The croque monsieur was the only entree that we thought was worth the price. We enjoyed glasses of an excellent white bourdeaux and a malbec. The beer selection is very uninspiring. The restaurant is small, but it doesn't feel overcrowded. Service was very good.

• Visited March 2013