“Awesome Restaurant!”

pleasantville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

I am totally surprised by some of the comments I have read about Quaker Hill Tavern..this place is one of my favorites..great food, staff and atmsophere..I would recommend this place to anybody..

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank nd75

Pleasantville, New York
“Disappointed! What happened to this place?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

I used eat here often over the past few years. It had a great atmosphere and great pub food, that was a step up from most bar food. We recently went on a Friday night, and the place was less than half full. That should have been my first sign that something was up. We immediately noticed the menu changed, and started wondering if there were new owners. As soon as the first appetizer came out, we knew something was wrong. The food was bland, not gross, just boring. It was nothing like it used to be in the past. I'm not cheap, but for a little pub with nobody in it and bland food, how can they charge $10 a glass of wine? I'm very sad to have to cut this place from my list of favorites.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Val S
new york
“what a dissapointment!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

If nothing else, a restaurant should be clean ..........we went there recently on the reccomendation of my daughters friend, it was late afternoon and the sun was setting facing the window, the apparent streaks were so enhanced that you could barely see the exterior sitting at your table. Upon entering , there were so many crumbs etc on the floor, it almost looked like a pattern. tell me, do they not own a vaccum cleaner? the food was simple and clearly the chef does not believe in any garnishes.....the only good thing about this experience was the service; the waitress was very professional, however, dont restaurants serve you bread anymore when you order dinner? i mean with the prices they command, they could have given you that amenity. There are too many eating options to ever consider a return visit.

• Visited April 2012
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

The Quaker Hill tavern is a great bar with good food and good people. The menu is bit more than just typical bar food. I highly recommend the meatball sliders if they are being offered. It is a kid friendly place that has every NFL game

• Visited December 2011
Pleasantville, new york
“Extremely disappointed in the food, service and atmosphere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

Well, I never thought I'd find myself writig such a review, but I have to be honest. Today I went to lunch with a colleague and was looking forward to a good burger. I hadn't dined there in a few months, but it was bad from the minute I walked in. First of all, it was 1:00 on a weekday (peak lunch hour) and the place was empty..that should have told me something. There was an overwhelming odor in the dining area, my colleague said it smelled like stale urine. Don't ask me why we stayed, but we did. There was an older gentleman serving at the bar who told us to sit wherever we wanted. We both ordered medium well burgers, fries and salads. The Burgers came out still bleeding, extremely rare. The fries were shriveled as though they were microwaved and the salad was simply inedible. When we asked to give the burgers some more heat, he returned with hockey pucks. If I didn't know better, I would think that the owners gave up on this place. Very sad

• Visited August 2011