“Bad Experience at Hotel”

Hampton Inn Harriman Woodbury
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Central Valley
“Bad Experience at Hotel”
Reviewed December 16, 2008

I entered the hotel and it was very nice on the outside and inside. I went to my room and it looked nothing like it says online. The Continiental Breakfast was horrible it was fake eggs and hard old bagels. and they have no whole milk. My room was cleaned for the most part, but very noisey in the hallways at 7 in the morning. Last but not least the manager donna was very rude and just acted like i was bothering her to recieve the complimentary comnb and razor and shaving cream. I will not return to the hotel. O and my refrigerator didnt work, it was warm. I wish them luck considering they are a new hotel.

• Liked — the good room service and pillows
  • Disliked — The food
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
4 Thank okiemokie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 12, 2008

We stayed at this brand new (2008) Hampton Inn on our way back to Massachusetts from Pennsylvania because it was approximately at the half way point and it was next to the large Woodbury Commons outlet mall. You can tell it is new before you even go in because the design is different. Everything about this hotel is excellent, the help, the breakfast area with large HD TV, the room, bathroom, and location. We had a refrigerator and microwave in the room. It is set in a wooded area behind Kohl's across the highway from the outlet mall, Target, and Wal-Mart. It is very quiet yet it is next to everything. You can see the hotel if you are traveling northbound on Rte 17. It is just beyond the NY Thruway toll booths. So there is no trouble finding it. But if you are traveling south on Rte 17, you have to exit the highway before the toll booths and you cannot see the Hampton from this direction. If you don't take the exit before the toll booths, you will end up on the Thruway. There is no large blue lodging sign for this exit giving you directions. I mentioned this to the hotel and they are working on it. There are other Hampton Inns in this Hudson River Valley area but this is the only new one that is next to a large outlet mall. We even saw 2 deer on the front lawn!

• Liked — It was brand new!
  • Disliked — It is hard to find traveling southbound on Rte 17.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank Joseph D
Manhattan
Reviewed October 22, 2008

I got married at a near by location and the Regional Manager, Donna, was nothing but unhelpful and down right rude. She would not even tell me if the hotel would be open in time for my wedding. This was only a month prior to my date. Friends and family had all made reservations and she couldn't care less. She actually told me not to call her and that she would call me when it was ready!?!?!? What??? This women seems to think she is above any sort of customer service. With the economy the way it is, it is a wonder she has a job. My grandmother is better suited for the position.
When I complained to the Hampton Inn corp. office I didn't get anywhere because they do not run that particular location. This women was a nasty person and not someone you can trust on such an important occasion. If she was on fire I would toast marshmellows.

• Stayed September 2008
4 Thank trippytravler
Istanbul
Reviewed October 8, 2008

We stayed at this new hotel for two nights in late September. It is brand new hotel. Everything is so fresh and new and the rooms are wonderfully decorated. Internet access is available in the rooms free of charge.

The Hotel is only two minutes away from the Mall thus gives you teremendous time advantage.

I have had one negative surprise: Although they had placed the nylon laundry bags in the closet, they do not yet have laundry service for the guests! When I called the reception to tell I had some items for laundry, the answer was very frank: " I do not have any idea on even who to call.."

However, in overall , it was a good and comfy stay.

• Liked — Brand new and fresh
  • Disliked — lack of laundry service
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Marseille, France
Reviewed August 22, 2008

The hotel is nice and well located but we had a surprise.
I left the room at 9:30am to take my breakfast, put the please do not disturb logo so nobody will come to the room before I checkout.
After I checkout and when to another town, I opened my handbag (that I left in the room for breakfast) and the envelop containing all my holiday cash was gone ...
There is no doubt that the charming housekeeping ladies that were just in front of me when I went out for breakfast saw me and decided to check if they could find something interesting...
I is of course my fault, I should have taken my handbag... But be very carefull there, never leave anything...

• Liked — new and clean hotel
  • Disliked — expensive, got stolen there
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in West Point
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peekskill - Hudson Valley

Been to Hampton Inn Harriman Woodbury? Share your experiences!