“Plain old Average Diner, Absolutely NO "WOW" factor here!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bright Star Diner

Bright Star Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Plain old Average Diner, Absolutely NO "WOW" factor here!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Absolutely Not much to say about this Generic Diner...Absolutly NO "WOW" factor here. We recently stopped here on a Saturday afternoon for a late lunch and found Just Plain old average tasting NY style Diner Food. Prices were a little higher than other diners in the area! The food is Not Bad, Not good or great....just ok/average. Service was just fair, not bad, but far from good! This diner will probably satisfy your craving for a sit down meal, but that's about all...Inside the place is drab, dark & boring, it definitely could use a facelift ! While this diner has a salad bar, it is just ok, nothing special or outstanding....Sorry...Bright Star Diner, your overall rating- Average

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank larilu

Florida, New York
“Disappointed in customer service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Went there about a month ago to meet with a client. It was between lunch and dinner hour and I wanted something but nothing heavy. The waitress suggested a veggie dish so I said OK I would try it. By the time the meal came we were in full 'meeting mode' with the client. The dish had a strong scent of vinegar but I thought nothing of it, I snacked on the side dish and the waitress came over and asked how things were we said fine. Still in meeting mode, the waitress didn't bother us again until the client left. I then informed the waitress that the dish was horrible but I ate the side dish and I would pay for that. She tosses the dish and comes back with the check for the entire meal. I said I wasn't going to pay for the dish cause her suggestion was horrible, she said I should have said something. I remind her she didn't pass over again until after I tried the dish, and she could see from the plate I didn't eat it. She goes to the manager and said I have to speak with her at the counter. The manager wouldn't come to me, what is that about? I had to go to her! I walked over and explained again what had happened, the manger says the waitress asked you three times about the food. I said no she passed by once before I even tried the dish and when she came around again I mentioned it. I said I would pay for the side dish since I ate it and she became irate tossed my 'check' and said forget it I dont want your money. Just leave. I tried to do the right thing here and instead I was treated as it was all my fault since I didnt say something to the waitress right away. When your having a meeting with a few people there is lots of talking not really eating. How is it my fault that the waitress didnt come by again? Never will go there again.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank luzsbrain
“Great Lamb Chops”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

The quality of the food at this diner is better than most white-tablecloth restaurants. The lamb chops were nice quality and cooked perfectly. The Greek salad with a fresh salmon fillet on it was delicious; the dressing was house made with good olive oil. Soup, salad, dessert...all fresh and tasty. Cocktails are reasonably priced. If I lived closer to this diner I would eat there at least three times a week.

1 Thank NYMetroFoodservice
Highland Mills
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have never been disappointed in this diner. Staff has always been friendly.
Highly recommend this place

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank jimb0620
Montreal, Canada
“Nothing special except from the service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

We went to this restaurant as we were going to the Woodbury outlets. The menu is quite extensive. I was looking for more authentic diner meals. I had the meatloaf which was okay, but not more, and my husband's slow cooked beef was not particularly tender. The service was particularly friendly, that's the reason why I put 3 stars instead of two.

• Visited June 2012