“Sorry, mediocre lunch. . .” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mill Pond House

Mill Pond House
Reserve with OpenTable
Mill Pond House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Centerport
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Centershore Road
Description: Elegant locale for steaks, sushi & weekend brunch, with patio & seasonal tiki bar overlooking pond.
Jericho, New York
“Sorry, mediocre lunch. . .”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

I was looking forward to being treated to a birthday lunch at Millpond House, with the beautiful view. We first sat in the plastic enclosed veranda overlooking the estuary which empties into Long Island Sound. On this unusually balmy December afternoon, it was too cold so we moved indoors. We ordered from the prix fixe menu. My Sole Romano entree was unprofessionally prepared (so wrenched in butter; how a novice uninterested in being a chef might cook). The vanilla ice-cream that went with the apple crisp was fantastic, however. I will not return. Disappointed, I'm afraid.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

“Terrible service - not a manager in sight”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We went to the Mill Pond for a nice lunch with friends and my son. My horrible review is based on the fact that their servers are not very nice or helpful and the manager was not in sight. I actually had to bring my check inside to the host stand to ask for a manager.
While dining, the bottom of my glass broke out from underneath. This was very shocking and scary as I had a lap full of iced tea and broken glass on my dress as well as my 4 year old sitting next to me. We called the waiter over and the only thing he offered was to move tables. Now I totally understand the glass breaking is a freak accident and not their fault, but the way it was handled was unacceptable. We said we would just stay as nothing was on the table, it was all on my lap. I did say, "well maybe you can take care of my lunch" with a giggle and the waiter very abruptly said "I can't do that, it is up to the restaurant".
Nothing else was ever mentioned the rest of the meal by the waiter and no manager ever came to the table to see if we were ok. When the full bill came, I went inside looking for a manager. It took 10 minutes for them to get someone to come from somewhere else (downstairs or somewhere other than the inside restaurant floor or the outside restaurant floor). When he finally arrived, he was very short and said " well it was clearly an accident, so I am not sure what you expect me to do". I told him I know it was an accident, but it was a DANGEROUS one as my lap was full of glass and also a wet one as my dress was soaked. He then said well the best I can do is take your ice teas off the bill. I wasn't going to cause a scene, but this to me was unacceptable service especially in a very expensive fine dining restaurant.
I went home and called American Express. They said the situation should have been handled differently. Then the situation gets WORSE. The restaurant wrote a letter to American Express that was 100% false. They said we were 4 ladies having lunch ( we were 2 ladies, 2 men and a child), and that the manager came right over to the table and offered me to have my dress dry cleaned and that we were perfectly happy and enjoyed our meal. This is an ABSOLUTE false statement. No one offered my dress to be dry cleaned, no manager came to the table ( and as I mentioned I had to seek one out), and did we try and salvage our lunch? we sure did as this was supposed to be a nice lunch with friends that we had not seen in a long time.
We just feel that although the incident itself was an accident, this highly rated, expensive restaurant should have MUCH better service, attentiveness to the customers, and not be snarky back to a customer who sat during lunch with a soaking wet dress and had to take pieces of glass off of her lap. This should have been handled much better and THEN to create an entirely UNTRUE story is unacceptable. We will not return and neither will my relatives that live in the neighborhood and used to frequently eat there.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Xclaudine
E. Npt, ny
“Outdoor dining with view”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Italian cuisine at long time restaurant overlooking Mill Pond on Centerport harbor. Has enclosed/winterized outdoor dining deck but recommend going when weather allows for outdoor dining during lunch/brunch.

Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Creepy crawlers in the slaw”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Had reservation for 20 friends and family, but 30 showed up, the staff responded quickly, but seemed irritated. We sat on the outdoors deck, which makes this restaurant prime, but the food quality and taste was mediocre. Once everyone was served, one of our guest reported quietly to the host of our party of a well known critter ALIVE in her slaw. The owner of the restaurant, who also serves as the hostess for the restaurant, was only willing to take off that one meal from the bill. The guest sitting closest to the person stopped eating and claimed to have lost their appetites and were ready to leave. More than half of the guest present didn't know about the incident and were not informed while at the restaurant. We were all looking forward to eating at a non chain restaurant and eating more fresh. This just wasn't or shouldn't have been the restaurant of choice.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Average food with a nice view.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Clams were very good and fresh but calamari was almost in edible and very chewy. For the price I expected a little better food. It was fair but could get the same at most chain restaurants. Nice view.

• Visited September 2013