“awesome food”

Istanbul Cafe
Order Online
Ranked #2 of 66 Restaurants in Centereach
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

great turkish food. unique menu options. the pide are great. always delicious. friendly service. we come here about once every other month.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

Our friend heard that this restaurant was excellent so we decided to try it. The very small and casual eatery serves delicious , plentiful food. Our waitress was super friendly and brought me a sample of a spice that we were discussing. We all had the mixed grill which none of us could finish. I don’t care for lamb but theirs was wonderful. While there we met two sets of friends whip both told us that this is their favorite restaurant. Prices are very fair. What a find!

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 9, 2019 via mobile

Recommended by a neighbor, we had to try it. A storefront, not fancy, just great Turkish food, reasonably priced. I had a roasted lamb shank and it was the best I ever had (and I’ve had many). My wife had an Adana kebab, a bit more spicy than anticipated, but delicious. Great deserts. And you can bring your own wine. Try it.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 8, 2019

A few years ago we tried their other restaurant in St. James and were disappointed when they closed all too soon. Our neighbor told us about the re-opening in Centereach, and we ran over. This is not Greek food! It is a bit spicier and some of the choices are very typically Turkish. The food was well-herbed, a bit spicy, and lavash was used instead of pita bread. I had Beyti Kebab, and my husband had the Lamb Shank. Both were large portions and came with either rice or bulgar or salad.The Shank had large cooked veggies on the plate, and my Beyti had thick yogurt. On the table was a generous plate of lavash with oil and butter. This is a neighborhood place, so not fancy, but the friendliness of the staff made up for that. We will definitely return!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

Each time I have been here for lunch, the food & service have been great. There are always lunch specials, & they have always been delicious. This last visit, I ordered the chicken sheesh, & chose red rice plus salad with it. I ate quite a bit, & still had plenty to take home for another lunch. I love this Turkish cafe!

Date of visit: October 2018