“Eh food.”
Review of Gourmet Garden

Gourmet Garden
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stopped by the other night on our way to somewhere else. I specifically chose this place because of great reviews.
The staff was very friendly, which is why I am giving it 3 stars and not 2. The food on the other hand, was not so great.
The spicy mustard was not spicy at all. In fact, it came very close to tasting like French's Yellow Mustard. I've never encountered Chinese mustard like this. The fried noodles they put on the table were overcooked.
We decided that we would overlook this if the food itself was good, especially after my husband ate the Wonton Soup and enjoyed it.
We received our dinner specials (which are not on the menu, we had to ask for it). Overall, the food was pretty bland. The pork fried rice was not greasy at all, but it barely had any flavor. My husband would not put the sauce on his egg fu young because it was oily and did not taste good. I had the chicken and pineapple, which was ok. The eggrolls were probably the best thing on our plates, and even they were bland.
We will not go there again when there are much better Chinese places in the surrounding area.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We always order from Gourmet Garden for Chinese take-out. I have tried many places in the area and they are the best. We stick with Chinese, but they also have sushi and some Thai selections. The only thing that I don't recommend arevthe spare ribs. They are very dry.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

I was quite surprised to find this restaurant. My wife and I miss the sit down Chinese food places and we dont like the buffet scene.

Food was decent. They have Chinese, Japanese and Thai. We stuck with the Thai and Chinese parts of the menu.

The place was clean. The food seemed fresh. My seafood curry had real lobster in it.

We usually frequent a take out place closer to home, but when we want to "go out", we will definitely give this one another try. Oh and it was not too salty.

There also was a steady stream of take out orders leaving the kitchen, so you know the food is fresh.

Carvel is in the next shopping center down. So make a date out of it.