“Motel Hell!”
Review of Cazenovia Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cazenovia
Cazenovia Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cazenovia
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Was part of a TV crew called in at the last minute for a Syracuse Football broadcast in September 1992. Rooms smelled of mildew. Wanted to call home to let family know I was OK but had to go to the Office to rent one for $40. Asked what time the Office was opened to return the 4 prong ( not even modular) phone person said after 9am otherwise I would lose deposit ( we had to be at the Carrier Dome at 7am). Two other crew members had their room opened by someone with a separate set of keys. Was a hooker... This will make a chapter in a book. STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS!!!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Gary W

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Paper thin walls, paper thin pillows, no one on site to assist customers - is this any way to run a motel? My boyfriend got stuck in thebathroom in the morning, the lock was jammed, and when I tried to call for assistance, I got a property management answering service. Two calls and 45 minutes later, my boyfriend was able to fee himself. If I could rate this place a minus 10, I would.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary920
Reviewed July 31, 2012

terrible motel, coffee maker broken, beds in old section are showing the springs and manager refused to return the cash paid for second night when we notified him at 10 am of our departure! so we lost the 80 bucks. Bates motel type, but, sadly, the only motel in town; make the trip to another one

Room Tip: find another motel, rooms in rear are newer
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank joan s
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Dirty, not maintained. Worse than terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible. If it was twice as good it still would be worse than terrible. Sleep in your car and bathe in the Lake rather than this place.

I later found out that the locals call it the "The Bates Motel".

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Phototrip2011
Reviewed June 20, 2011

The Country Inn of Cazenovia has improved since the last time we stayed. The rooms are small but consists of coffee maker, tv's and a nice queen sized bed. The employees of the motel and personable and out to make your stay at the Country Inn worth the $100.00 per night. The steakhouse 200 yrds away from the motel makes getting dinner very easy. I enjoyed my stay at the Country Inn of Cazenovia.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Luxy67
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Having stayed here several years in a row I can understand the negative remarks~~~I missed last year but came back this because I needed one in this location. Others were booked and very expensive. We were extremely pleased at the redone rooms. New, clean, and very comfortable!!! The staff was very accomodating as they didn't have a room with 2 beds, they provided an adjoining one for the similar rate. We would book ahead for next year..it was a surprising pleasure!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brenda P
Reviewed October 5, 2009

What a dump. This is a 50's motel that has been patched together for many years, and the bulldozer should be called in. Where to begin?
They are built over crawlspaces and the wooden floors are sagging and soft. Putting new vinyl over the rotted floor doesn't cut it.
There is No outlet in the bathroom. There are no tissues in the bathroom. The tub drain and the sink drains both back up. It takes forever to get hot water. The tv is smaller than my laptop screen. There was no heat in the rooms, only a small electric space heater. Outlets were scarce. The place smelled moldy, even though the sheets were clean, so I felt dirty all the time.
Words can't describe this place. Tear it down please.
Spend any spare time at the McDonalds down the street if you can - it was a nicer experience than this place. Wish I had read these reviews before I stayed at this place!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
4  Thank ridgeinsp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cazenovia
Hampton Inn & Suites Cazenovia
#1 of 6 in Cazenovia
Lincklaen House
Lincklaen House
#3 of 6 in Cazenovia

Been to Cazenovia Motel? Share your experiences!