“Easter Brunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Syracuse, New York
“Easter Brunch”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Went with family, including my 90 year old mother, who can be quite picky. There were so many selections, there was no way anyone could be disappointed. Carving station had ham, beef, and lamb. Salad table had huge variety, and the hot foods were superb. Dessert table was leaded with so many items that it was hard to pick. This is well worth the price, and is a great experience.

• Visited April 2014

Cazenovia, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sunday brunch”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

It's great and so much more than just brunch. We try to go there for Mother's Day brunch every year!

• Visited May 2013
Vernon Center, NY
“Irish Music to Boot”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We usually visit near St. Patrick's Day. Food is delicious; service is great. Downstairs, you can watch the chefs preparing your meal. End cut prime rib was superb!

Visited March 2014
Cazenovia, New York
“Terrific, Casual & Friendly!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

You can always find a friendly face in front, or behind the wonderful pub. Cozy atmosphere, great food in the colder months and wonderful to enjoy a drink or meal on the lawn during the warmer months (and live music). Walk to the lake and village, it's a perfect place to eat, drink (stay overnight) and be merry!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Karen R
Manlius, New York
“Great Atmosphere/Food Needs Help”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

With such authentic atmosphere (right down to the server's kilt), it is too bad that the food is clearly not what it should be. This is a staple, not only in Cazenovia but in Syracuse in general. The chicken dish I experienced the other night almost drove me out of the building and I absolutely would have said something had I been paying for the bill. I am a Server myself and have waited tables in Syracuse, Miami and Boston and I have seen a lot of the restaurant business (dishes, management, etc) and places like the Brae Loch are the kinds of restaurants I feel I can automatically trust. Family owned and operated, completely authentic and cozy. However, this feeling left me as soon as I took a look at my chicken undernieth the mash of goat cheese, spinach and artichokes. You cannot, cannot, use chicken that has fake grill marks and a creepy texture. The worst part is that people at my table noticed how odd the chicken looked as well. Come on. This is unforgivable in a beautiful place like this. Your restaurant is authentic but your food is Sysco-like? Others had steaks that were lukewarm and whatever great experience we had with Hank the Bartender beforehand was overshadowed by the unfortunate food experience. Suffice it to say that you got me in the door but coming back is likely not on my list.

• Visited February 2014