“Fantastic Inn!”
Review of Brae Loch Inn

Brae Loch Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Cazenovia B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 8, 2011

From the moment we walked in to when we left was a joy to stay here. A shot of single-malt to start and the best buffet was all icing. Staff was most friendly and helpful. Room was magnifigant and worth every penny. Will stay here again and again. Fantastic atmospehere!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 21, 2011

The room was big yes, but not "charming" nor inexpensive. Though the bed (temprpedic apparently) was good, blankets and pillows awful. Our room was dark. No closet and armoire was musty and not deep enough. the air conditioner in our room was repeatedly problematic during our stay. On the positive side, they had really nice complementary scotch upon arrival and on a Friday night live music outside which was enjoyable. I appreciated the Continental breakfast, and location in town was very convenient. But would this be first choice next time? I don't think so.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed at the Brae Loch while visiting family in Cazenovia. It was our first trip and we found Cazenovia to be a beautiful little town. The Brae Loch was perfectly located across the street from the lake and a couple of blocks from the shops on the main street. We stayed in the Robert Burns room and found it very spacious even with the addition of a cot and a pack n play. The inn was very cozy and we felt very much at home. Unfortunately we didn't have an opportunity to try out the restaurant during our visit, but we did enjoy drinks and live music out on the lawn. Great music and great atmosphere! We would definitely stay again. One thing to keep in mind about the Brae Loch and other inns like it is that they are in somewhat historic buildings so there might be some minor inconveniences when compared to the typical hotel chain. But I much prefer the charm of an older inn, and the Brae Loch suited us perfectly!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kiwi2003
Reviewed July 28, 2011

What a wonderful Inn. Great atmosphere, staff and overall welcoming. I love the Scottish theme and decor it was warm and inviting. The guest rooms have so much room, even with the huge king canopy bed there is tons of space to move around And the Tempur-Pedic beds are so comfortable - they made it difficult to get out of bed in the morning.
And the meal I had was top notch, and so filling. I can't wait to go back to enjoy more.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank suzim01
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I overnighted and dined at the Brae Loch Inn as part of a business retreat. Our association has had its retreat at the Brae Loch on several occasions, all of them a good experience. We took advantage of the lovely evening to dine outside in the yard, and the food (we mostly ordered beef dishes) was delicious (especially the desserts). We did get a great chuckle when the waitress read the specials and thought she had written down deep fried oreos with bok choy, instead of oysters, and we debated in our group over which would have actually been better! While our waitress could have been a little more seasoned and attentive, overall it was a pleasant night to linger over dinner and drinks with good company, and it was a fairly bustling dinner crowd for a Tuesday.

I stayed in the Mary Queen of Scots room on this trip, and it was uber-comfortable and spacious, and as I laid in the large bed I was memorizing architectual details I would like for my dream bedroom. I like a cool room, but I did have to turn off the AC midway through the night as it was a wee bit loud and I couldn't adjust the blower, but the room stayed comfortable anyway and I enjoyed my rest on the temper-pedic style mattress.

The downtown is a comfy stroll away, and was another welcome activity after the meeting time was done. Morning coffee at the continental breakfast was hot and tasty, and I enjoyed my bagel and a quick hello by the resident dog.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Signal50
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We went to dinner on7- 15- 11 an ordered ahi tuna waitress didn't know if you could have the tuna medium rare which we ordered that way. When the dinner was served the tuna was over cooked no wssabi,no ginger root and it was onto of some kind of bean that was under cooked. For the prices they get for eating there I would think they could at least find a cook that knows how to cook food properly. Dinner was way too expensive, never again Disappointed customer

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank WJ6996
Reviewed July 10, 2011

The Brae Loch Inn
5 Albany Street
Cazenovia, New York

What a wonderful 5 Star experience for this guest and his family!

Situated in Cazenovia, New York, a small college and summer lake resort town, the Brae Loch is everything it claims to be, and much, much more.

While Cazenovia is off the beaten path, and likely will draw those who have already have ties to the community by way of family, friends, or alumni of Cazenovia College,...the Brae Loch should absolutely be considered for any traveler to, or passing through, the central New York region on I-81 or I-90.

My wife and I found the Brae Loch while searching the internet for lodging in nearby Hamilton to visit a sick friend.

No rooms available in Hamilton on short notice, and certainly fewer who would take our 2 small cocker spaniels...but the Brae Loch did both...and provided a great deal, great charm, and a homey welcome.

Having traveled in Scotland, the Brae Loch appealed to us and was, indeed, as close to a Scottish Bed and Breakfast as one will find this side of the Atlantic.

We stayed Friday and Saturday evening, not only enjoying a wee dram of imported single malt Scotch on the house upon arrival, but also the Scottish fare in this exquisite restaurant.

We chose the Robert Burns room, which was clean, very roomy, and QUIET...considering there was music on the lawn both nights, and a full house for dinner in the restaurant below both nights.

Jim and Val Barr, the proprietors, along with the rest of the staff, were not only welcoming, but extremely hard working...making sure any and all of our needs were met. They even made our pets feel at home allowing them to mingle with their own dog Duncan and kitty who freely roam the inn.

Please ignore any unfounded negative comments you may read on internet trip advisor websites about this facility.

The Brae Loch is the real deal and all it claims to be...and more!

MY wife and I and the pets plan to be back soon...and often...(we live only 2.5 hours away) ...and feel like we have found a home away from home... and new and lasting friends!

Thanks Brae Loch!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank manhattan42
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cazenovia
Hampton Inn & Suites Cazenovia
Lincklaen House
Lincklaen House
#3 of 6 in Cazenovia
Days Inn Canastota/syracuse

Been to Brae Loch Inn? Share your experiences!