“Catskill Creek Marina Treats”

Creek Side Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 54 Restaurants in Catskill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2016

We took our family to Creek Side Restaurant for lunch this week, and it was a delightful spot by a marina across the creek from downtown Catskill, NY. The calamari appetizer was great with a marinara sauce and sliced hot cherry peppers, not too hot, but just right. Clam chowder was seasoned well and had lots of fresh clams. The seafood platter shrimp, clam strips, and scallops were good sized and very tasty, too. There was outside seating, but we chose the A/C inside option by a window to enjoy the waterfront.

8  Thank 300kathyd

Reviewed June 30, 2016

Met relatives half way today for a relaxing lunch and to catch up on things. Since Catskill was a half-way point for us, we picked a restaurant to meet at and chose Creekside Restaurant. At first we were disappointed, because we preferred to sit outside, only the outdoor seats were wrought iron and hard. So we decided to have a look inside. The dining room was quite bright with lots of windows overlooking the water and many boats passing by. We decided to stay.

There was a nice variety of foods on the menu. I chose the lobster wrap which was huge and tasty. My cousin ordered the fish and chips that looked really crispy and not greasy. He enjoyed it a lot. His wife had a turkey and bacon wrap which also came with guacamole and was enjoyed. My partner had baby back ribs, which he devoured....lol.

The prices were fair, and the staff was extremely nice. They had no problem with us sitting and talking for several hours.

So if you're looking for good food, fair prices, a pretty view, and very friendly staff. I would recommend this restaurant. Downfall is street appeal and uncomfortable seating
outdoors. However, it isn't the type of place I would drive over an hour to go specifically to as I did today. If I'm in the area, I would go back

Phyllis from Florida

4  Thank YerTizUS
Reviewed May 11, 2016

Very good food for a creek side eatery. I went there by boat from the Hudson River. Dock the boat and have some lunch. Good burgers, fish and chips, salads, and specials. You wont go wrong there. Not fine dining but good food at a good price and very nice people.

Reviewed April 30, 2016

Went for the view, ate outside. You can see the water (creek) of course but it's not terribly picturesque. Service was very pleasant and attentive. Food was just OK, barely. On a nice day might go again if in the area. If I were eating inside would go somewhere else..

Reviewed April 25, 2016

Food it OK at best, prices are on par. There are many better choices in the area. This is typical bar quality food served in a sort of restaurant setting.