All reviewsmagical placeantique storesmain farmhousesmall farmpre weddingbeautiful animalsthoroughbred horsesglass of winetwo hoursnew york citysmall fridgefresh airgoatspondfireplacejacuzzinature
Reviewed January 19, 2011

We had an excellent stay at the Kaaterskill with my kids!
Kids enjoyed the place a lot, played with snow then they went in a jacuzzi!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2010

My wife and I stayed at The Kaaterskill over the Thanksgiving holiday. Unfortunately we didn’t have the same experience as most of their other guests. When we booked the room over the phone (not from their website), we were not told there was a 3-day minimum; rather Debbie, their manager, told us we could change our reservation to a 2-night stay at any time prior to our arrival. Their website lists a minimum stay and cancellation policy which we didn't see because we didn't learn about this place from their website (although www.bedandbreakfast.com states “No minimum stay required”). When we called back later to change our reservation we were told for the first time about the minimum stay requirement. We never got a confirmation despite requesting one. Hence we didn’t know about no maid service of any kind and if you want that, there is an extra charge. That doesn’t appear on their website either. Couple this with no bureau or chest of drawers so you have to live out of your suitcase, nobody to welcome you or to answer questions (we never saw anyone from there the entire time), the extremely small shower stall, the curtains that don’t close completely to provide maximum privacy, no breakfast (this IS a bed and breakfast) and the unanswered phone calls during our stay. You get the picture. Although featured in a national magazine as a “Great Value,” I don’t see the value. We would never stay there again nor would we recommend it to anyone else. Much better values and hospitality elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MidwestTraveler25
Reviewed November 21, 2010

We stayed at The Kaaterskill for 2 relaxing and idyllic nights. The property is lovely and peaceful and the view from our window was sublime. Having our own fireplace in the room was awesome. The room itself was comfortable and cozy. I loved the pine walls. The bathroom had a jacuzzi tub and a shower which was nice (only one negative is that the tub looked clean, but once I got into it, I could feel the soap scum on the sides and I had to give it a once over). They have shampoo, conditioner and body wash there, but if you prefer using a bar of soap, bring it along with you.

It was a very serene experience, we didn't see anyone, including the proprietors, while we were there.

For the rate, it would be nice if they provided better breakfast options than the instant oatmeal and yoplait. We went into Saugerties for breakfast and LOVED the restaurant Love Bites. It was a cozy little spot that served delicious food and coffee. Note: we went to Tamayo for dinner and it was GREAT.

This was a nice, quiet place to stay that feels remote and is actually about 15 minutes from any of the charming small towns in the area.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brooklyn32Alli
Reviewed September 29, 2010

The Kaaterskill is the best of the new Catskills - comfortable, warm, hip, very clean. The grounds are beautiful and idyllic with a great trail along the creek that is the perfect hike for people with young children. The charming mother and daughter duo, Belkis and Arion welcomed us like old friends. Arion introduced our city kids to the art of feeding Apple, the a sweetly stubborn pot bellied pig and Tom, the most outrageously outgoing goat you will ever encounter. It is situated between Saugerties, a wonderful Brooklyn inspired outpost of good funky eateries and shops and Hudson with its more expensive restaurants and quirky shops. This is a lodge without breakfast on site or nearby so we will make sure to bring our own provisions next time although we had a great breakfast at Love Bites in Saugerites which is worth checking out. All in all a very memorable time. We will return. xoxoxo, Renée, Sebastian, Sammy and Natalie

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank NewYorkReneeS
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I really love this place. I can't get up at the morning because the bed is really comfortable and clean.. The landscape is incredible, The experience closer to animals is very nice.

I ' m from latin american I like to visit great places in other countries, but the Katterskill is without a doubt an a fabulous place, it's charming, but wild with luxury.

for me the place is an 9