“Choose Pollace's”

Pollace's Family Vacation Resort
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Catskill
Reviewed August 22, 2014

If you want a real family vacation, one with great food, hospitality and lots to do; Pollace’s is the place. I travel all over America trying to convince hotel owners to keep their hotels clean, to treat people well, prepare great food and give great VALUE; Charlie and his family get it!

My Children had an opportunity to go to Hawaii this week and they said “NO”! My girls are teenagers and Pollace’s is still their go to vacation place. We have been coming here for many years and I can see my children one day bringing their children here.

If you want ‘fancy’, go somewhere else. If you want a great family vacation; choose Pollace’s.

Anthony Melchiorri
Creator and Host of Hotel Impossible

5  Thank SSTS

Reviewed August 18, 2014

It was a perfect vacation for my family. There's something for all ages. Being family-run for so many years gives it a homey feel. We were made to feel welcome and at home from the moment we arrived. We were pleasantly surprised by the food, hospitality, and pleasant surroundings. Ritchie made sure everything was perfect for us - he's the Bomb-diggity! The kitchen staff hit one out of the ballpark every single meal. You will never go hungry.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank frenchflowie
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We visited Pollace's two years ago when our daughter was 6 years old. She had a marvelous time. Unfortunately ,last year we chose to go to Villa Roma. My child had a miserable time and we did too. This year we returned to Pollace's. Once again we had a wonderful time. Owner ,staff and guests are cheerful and friendly. You are felt welcome and you are treated like family. We are not making a mistake next year. Before we checked out we booked for next year.

4  Thank Chester H
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The food is great! The shows at night are great! The fishing is great! the kids loved the whole pollace's experience! This was our first time there and we will be going back next year. The social director, Richy truly loves kids and kept them busy the whole time. I almost didn't write this review because I wanted to keep Pollace's Family Resort my secret so I always have a place to go..

Room Tip: Don't bring snacks in your room you don't need them. The food is non stop and very good. Ple...
1  Thank Stephen B
Reviewed July 25, 2014

From the minute we arrived we were "adopted" by not only the "old-timers" but also by Richy, who is more than the mere Social Director ...He is the Master of Ceremonies from early morning to late at night...Making Certain that every Man, Woman and Child is fully engaged in a myriad of Merry making events!
Family, Safety, Healthy Activities, Friendships (Old/New), Explorations, Entertainment, etc surround you and your family in the Pollace's . There are educational and fun activities to chose from each and every day. If you just want to chill out and clear your mind and lungs with clean fresh air you can do that in complete comfort!
OH! Did I forget to tell you that this was our FIRST TIME at POLLACES! We were invited to a Family reunion, of 15 members of one family whose Patriarch started staying at POLACE'S Thirty-Two Years ago! This is a place where both the young old and intermediates coexist in complete harmony! If you like History, your advisor is Richy a former School Teacher as is the Owner & Prime "Charley" can be your advisor!!
Richy, arranged our Ticket reservations to an historic Mansion "Olana" operated by New York State with excellent tours of the fascinating life of one of the most important artists in America.
We are now in touch with many of our new found friends and planning our next visit to be timed when we all can celebrate another POLLACE'S REUNION!

Room Tip: Near the pool allows you to keep an eye on the children. Rooms behind are quieter and private allowi...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Happyfirsttimers
Reviewed July 15, 2014

About 8 months ago, my daughters dance school had announced that they were going to Walt Disney World to dance in one of their parades. All the girls were excited about it, except my daughter. The trip coincided with our annual Fourth of July trip to Pollace's. My daughter said flat out that she would rather go to Pollace's

This is a fantastic resort where you can go and just relax. Friends often ask me what do you there, and my response is usually absolutely nothing. They have several activities offered daily, but you can just sit by the pool and hot tub all day if you want. There are lots of kids around and my kids are usually off with them doing their own thing. The resort is big enough to give them freedom, but small enough that I know where they are.

One of the things that makes Pollace's so special is the hospitality of Charlie and his family. When we first started looking for a family resort 3 years ago, I remember calling Pollace's sometime in April when the resort was still closed. I left a message and a little while later, Charlie called me back. Unable to answer my phone, he left a message for me telling me to give him a call at home or on his cellphone, and he gave me his home number. That really impressed me.

Upon arrival our first-time, Charlie met us at the front desk and since it was right before lunch, he took our lunch and dinner orders. My wife, who is a vegetarian, inquired about meat in the lasagna for dinner. He said there is meat in his lasagna, but he would make her a plain cheese one. Its this kind of personalization and guest service that makes Pollace's an awesome place to go.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Anthony A
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family and I go to Pollaces every year for a week in the summer. We just got back from Labor Day there, and it was FABULOUS!!! Plenty of food, a barbeque by the pool on Saturday, great entertainment. The best is their "New Year's Eve" party on Sunday night. The magician/comedian who entertained had us laughing until we cried, and then the countdown to midnight, complete with hats and noisemakers! Then a HUGE buffet! Nachos, wings, mac and cheese, homemade pizza, you name it. So much value for the price!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Susan112761
Also consider these accommodations in or near Catskill
Catskill Mountain Lodge
#1 of 4 in Round Top
Villa Vosilla
Villa Vosilla
#1 of 6 in Hunter

Been to Pollace's Family Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!