Pollace's Family Vacation Resort
  • Free Internet
The Barlow(Hudson)
Red Ranch Motel(Catskill)
  • Pool
All reviewssocial directorpaddle boatsmini golfshuffle boardgreat for kidscharlieactivitiesreunionganginterestsuncleblessingshuffleboardrepairny
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2011

For the first time in 20 years we were inable to go and see Charlie,Fran, Annette,Francine,Teresa and of course Richie. My family has been going there for 20 years with some of my in laws over 30 years and never I repeat never have we had a problem with service , food or any minor repair . The pollaces family has always been great. I miss my bocci and Charlie's great cooking , the food is wonderful.
We have made life long friends there from Staten Island, Lond Island ,we are from Queens.
MY daughter had to go to school and we were unable to go this year ,but my oldest is making me a proud Grandpa and we will be going back ,as long as I can get my family unit back over looking the softball fieild.
I really missed all my friends this year ,and will be back with a new generation to enjoy the Pollaces family again next year in August .
For sure you will find no better place to go with your family and friends ,and the price is more affordable then most places.
When my children were younger I always asked them after we went to Disneyland where do you want to go this year and there choice was and still is pollaces
My family and friends have had some of our greatest vacations there.
I thank you all from the Pollaces family for making my family always feel like part of yours

Charlie if you read this and cannot figure out who I am , here's a hint
Maspeth New York , Cannot wait to see you again next August with my newest member

Room Tip: I always get the family suite, the poolside rooms are also great
1  Thank Michael L
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Another wonderful vacation at Pollace's. If your looking for a place to relax, enjoy great food and have plenty to do whenever you wish then this is the place. Whether you sit by the pool, outside the rooms or by the main lobby you can keep track of your children. Short trips on the Pollace's trolley get you to the farmers market, antique and other shops in town, bowling,skating, go carts and more! Charlie,Richie and the entire family are so accommodating you just feel "at home". Our children are 15 and 10 years old and In my wifes 20+ and my 11 years of coming to Pollaces i can honestly say we have never had a bad experience. I guess that's why when it's time to leave we're ... Wishin' we had more time!

1  Thank John L
Reviewed August 23, 2011

we took a vacation with our 2 grandchildren. many food allergies in our family. vegan, dairy allergy and glutten allergy. They went overboard to make our stay comfortable and even went to the store to buy glutten free pasta and rolls. gave us dairy free ice cream also. This was an addition to the wonderful time our grandchildren had. They didn't want to go home. It is a child's playland. activities all day and into the night to keep them happy. wonderful family resort run by a wonderful family. met people there that have been coming back for many years.

Room Tip: comfortable rooms added a rollaway bed for us
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Another wonderful trip to Pollaces. We had a family weekend with family members from 9 years old to 70+ years.(They would shot me if I told their real ages!!) Each and every member of our family had a wonderful time.
Charlie made sure that our rooms were near each other. One of the many personal touches that Charlie and Frances (the owners) do to make your trip memorable. Our rooms were SPOTLESS!
As always, our food was outstanding and plentiful! My son (9) can be fussy and the waitstaff was so incredibly accommodating. He at like a man twice his size because he loved everything they brought out for him!
What an incredible trip...Good old fashioned family fun!
BTW...Posted this trip on Facebook and can't believe how many of my friends also frequent Pollace's. It is a hidden treasure!

Reviewed August 16, 2011

I have been a Pollace's guest for about 33 years. My family and I count the days before our next Pollace's vacation. I don't consider myself a guest but more like a family member. When we go to Pollace's it is like we are going to visit family for a week. Charlie and his staff go out of their way to accomodate us. The food is excellent and if there is something on the menu you don't like, Charlie is more than happy to make you something that you do like. The kids are as safe as can be on the grounds. You can sit and relax without worrying about them. Richard, the Social Director, has a full schedule for the kids so they really don't bother the parents. We look forward to Richard's greeting us every morning with his "Good Morning Everybody." I look forward to next years vacation!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family