“Average Experience”

La Casa Latina
Ranked #14 of 53 Restaurants in Catskill
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 9, 2017

We stopped in here the on a weekday around 4 PM.

The restaurant is nicely decorated and very festive.

It was happy hour when we came, so I opted to get a margarita. It was GREAT! So many of the margaritas at restaurants have a chemical taste to them, probably from a mix. This place seemed to use juice or fresh fruit, so it was very tasty. There was a really nice selection of different flavors too!

My friend and I each had a quesadilla. Mine had cheese and his had beef or chicken. The quesadilla was not the best, it was mediocre. The cheese used in it almost tasted like American. I used to eat a fair amount of Mexican in Southern California and I never had one that tasted like this. My friend was not thrilled with his either, he said he thought it was bland and I agree. Again, nothing awful, but not great either.

To be fair, we watched some meals come out of the kitchen and they did look appetizing. Perhaps the other meals taste better.

Reviewed September 14, 2017

Had the pleasure of having lunch this past summer here, and quite yummy. Best fish tacos in the Hudson Valley! Wife had a delicious quesadilla.

Reviewed January 30, 2017 via mobile

The chili relenos, the tortas, the empanadas and the guacamole are some of the best dishes for miles and miles around. The family that owns it really cares about you; you just sense it from the first interaction over the phone. We've always taken food out, but I believe they will let you bring your own wine if you wanted. If we aren't cooking at home as we most often do, we are likely ordering from here or Chopstick, also in Catskill.

1  Thank CDavid212
Reviewed January 15, 2017 via mobile

I am a chef and live in Catskill. Dinner last night was excellent. Fish tacos best Ive had .
Great local family restaurant

Reviewed November 5, 2016 via mobile

Great spot tucked away in Catskill. Great food, large menu...lots to choose from...I'll def be back!:)