“Great beer and fried chicken ”

Barnwood Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Catskill
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

My second time to Barnwood and I have to say sitting at the bar was a nice experience. The beer selection and prices are the best in the area and my fried chicken was superb. I will be back with friends.

1  Thank Duane H

Reviewed August 17, 2018

Barnwood is a great place to have a delicious meal at very affordable prices. This place is always filled with happy diners eating a wide variety of foods that's offered from perfect BBQ, pulled pork, fried chicken, burgers, fish....whatever, they have it all!!! The service is fabulous, plenty of parking, clean facilities, and a perfect location when traveling to upstate NY, or returning home......looking forward to our next visit in a couple of weeks!

Reviewed August 6, 2018

If you are near the Catskill exit of the Thruway and you are hungry especially with kids. This is the stop. The menu is great and the prices are from the past It makes me very happy to have a family business do so very well. If you are not the driver, the craft beers are the best! I honestly believe you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Mike3311
Reviewed August 6, 2018

It's not too far from East Durham and worth the drive! Prices are very reasonable - they serve alcohol and it's casual! The fried chicken was amazing and the baked beans were the best I've ever had, with big pieces of pork in them - lots of flavor!

Been here 3 times now and good every time! Only thing that stopped a 5 star rating was the back room where we were seated was extremely warm - the air conditioning didn't seem to make a difference but the bar area and room next to it was nice and cool.

Date of visit: August 2018
Carol B, Owner at Barnwood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Thanks so much for your positive review. Fried chicken is definitely our best seller!
The end of May we had a brand new hood system installed in the kitchen. Unfortunately two weeks ago the makeup air motor stopped working. So now the hood is pulling the ac in that back dining room into the kitchen, up and out. Waiting for our replacement motor. Our cooks are dying back there, over 100 degrees!
Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

I am not one to do reviews unless I feel strongly about something and hence this review. Time and time again...this place is great place to eat. Dine in or dine out BarnWood has great food! Both kids love the food too!

1  Thank Ian M