“BBQ not what I thought?” 2 of 5 bubbles

Barnwood Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Catskill
Cuisines: Pizza, Grill, American
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Catskill, New York
“BBQ not what I thought?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

Conveniently located at the intersection of Route 23 and Cauterskill Road in Catskill, NY. I went here recently because I knew it was there, but had never stopped before. I don't think I paid enough attention to the signage. I always remember this restaurant being about BBQ. They have inside seating and are adding on a second room. There was plenty of wait staff on hand, the kitchen is somewhat open, so you can see staff just standing(one eating), watching the customers, to see if they need anything. (a bit creepy being "watched").
Our server was attentive and friendly. The fried chicken was not an option, because of only one fryer, so I went with the BBQ ribs, and onion rings. They were filling, but pretty flavor less. The BBQ sauce was on the table for us to add. I sort of thought the whole concept of good BBQ was to cook with the BBQ sauce. The ribs as well as the onion rings would have benefited from salt at least.
I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Also upon entering, there was some neighborhood kids, sitting outside. Striking a conversation, they came for a slice of pizza, but were told pizza is not sold by the slice. I think that Good Eats, should consider making small 4 slice pizzas and selling slices, Neighborhood kids can impact your business too. Their opinions count! I felt so bad, I consider buying them a pizza to split, but did not.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank GenuineCustServNut

Catskill, New York
“Great food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

Everything I've ever eaten here is delicious. Highly reccomend.

Visited April 2012
Windham
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love Fried Chicken? Check it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

Marinated forever, flavorably breaded and slo-cooked to perfection. The best Fried Chicken in the region. Wish they did fresh mashed potatoes and gravy, but the beans and other sides are homemade and delicious. I drive 45 mins one way to grab me a bucket o' goodness. Don't have an accident, but RUSH to the Barbeque Barn / Good Eats. Luv it!!!

• Visited March 2012
Latham, NY
“Who knew - such "Good Eats"?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

My wife & I were out geocaching (Long story!) and happened upon a little place that looked under renovation - but open. So we stopped in for lunch. Such a pleasant find just outside Catskill...! Our server, Jackie, was very pleasant and efficient and made us feel at home at once. There was a choice of 3 home made soups available - I picked the beef - potato and it was delicious... could have been a stew! Wife's chicken salad was fresh and had interesting surprises like spiced, toasted walnuts - yummie! I can't ever turn down a meat loaf sandwich and it was a nice sized offering on a fresh roll - and a little of the house B-B-Q sauce on it as well. Desserts of cheese cake and bread pudding topped off a wonderful surprise lunch. The spot is known appartenly for their rubbed B B Q offerings and Cod fish fry. Although it's over 30 miles from our house, we plan to stop by the next time we are in the neighborhood. There may be a new name to the restaurant after the renovations .. Barnside Restaurant was the working name at the time of our stop. I recommend this heartily for the traveler just getting off Exit 21 and looking for good eats!

• Visited March 2012
Clinton TN
“Good eats”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

Food is very good, generious portion size, friendly servers.

• Visited November 2011