“weekend getaway”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Catskill
Long Island, New York
“weekend getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

room was very clean ,coffee in the morning was fresh and hot ,my wife was having a problem with Wi Fi and the owner came right away and fixed the problem. we stayed for the weekend and had a great time

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
brooklyn ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

nice pool, too. quiet road, behind the motel there is a yard leading to woods and then a creek. very pleasant all around. not like the place is beautiful, but it is well kept up, the room was totally fine, the bed was comfortable, and the vibe was nice. we would go back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank anewman63
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

We went to Mountain Jam and were looking for a room for the night before so we could be at the festival at 9am. Marie was one of the few that was willing to take a reservation in January for June and she was quick to respond to my emails. I normally wouldn't book this early but wanted it taken care of because I know the rooms in the area book quickly for the festival. Marie was very friendly and helpful when we arrived and the room was clean and well cared for and had everything that we needed including a comfy bed. There is coffee in the office in the morning but we were heading out before they opened so she suggested the coffee shop in Tannersville. Wow!!!!!!! The donuts are cooked to order and dipped in your choice of toppings, chocolate, caramel, cinnamon sugar etc. When you get them they are so hot you need to let them cool before you eat them. I'd definitely recommend this motel and make sure you try the donuts! We'll be back next year!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank BarneysBud
Deer Park, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this motel every year since I was a kid. It always was very clean and for a reasonable price. The owners Fred and Marie are really nice and guide you through what to do in the Catskill area. The pool is also very nice and clean. The back is really peaceful. But this motel is starting to become a little dated but it's a great get away.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Rob S
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We picked the Catskill Motor Court mostly because of TripAdvisor reviews. We were looking for an inexpensive place somewhere between Albany and NYC to use as a base for a couple of days of leaf-peeping, and this turned out to be an excellent choice in most ways. It's out in the country, so it was very quiet apart from the occasional vehicle on the highway the motel sits next to. We thought the place might be busy in mid-October, but we had it almost to ourselves, probably because we were there in midweek. We asked to stay in one of the little cabins, but were told when booking that those might be closed for the winter by the time we got there, and that turned out to be the case. We were in one of the regular motel rooms, and it was clean and adequate for our needs. One caveat: My wife had some pretty major allergy problems and was convinced they were caused by something in the room. I also have allergies and didn't have any problems, so draw your own conclusions. The coffee in the morning was free and of good quality, although you do have to go to the office to get it. Marie, one of the owners, gave us some good advice about where to eat and where to go on our scenic drive. Finally, the price was excellent. If you're not looking for four-star accommodations with a bill to match, this could be your kind of place.

Room Tip: Farther from the office is probably better from a noise standpoint, and the end rooms on each wing s...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TexasTraveler78
syracuse
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I first stayed at this motel 2 years ago and my 1st. impression was, the motel room we stayed in was nice and appeared up-dated, Property was well maintained. We only stayed 1 night and it was a pleasant experience. We decided to go to the Catskills the following year and stay at the Catskill motor court again, well this time we were given another room on other side of the front desk which was renovated like the one we stayed in the year before, so I asked the owner if I could have a renovated room and she said they were rented.I never seen a car parked in front of those rooms while we were there. We again went there last week and this same woman was sitting down talking to other woman and made me wait about 5mins. at the desk and when she finally got up to assist me I asked her if she had any rooms. She said she had a cabin and I said ,No I want a room, Then she said Oh, 1 room just opened up, I then asked her how much. $75. I know the economy is bad, but for a15% increase in the off-season is being greedy.This is $10 more then I paid last year during the same time for a non renovated room. I then called the Red Ranch motel and their nightly rate is $68 less 10% off for AARP member. Their rooms are much better and for less and no rude person to check you in.

Room Tip: Stay at the Red Ranch instead! You will be glad you did.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank chucky69
Glen Allen, VA.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I only stayed here one night. The grounds were very well maintained and the room was clean and comfortable and spacious. A very good value for the money. It was a bit off the main highway but that did not bother me. Wi-fi was a bit spotty so I had to use it in the office, which was ok for one night but wouldn't have liked it if I was staying a week. The owner was nice and provided coffee in the office in the morning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Beth H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Catskill
Catskill Mountain Lodge
#6 of 9 in Catskill
B&B Lounge of Catskill
B&B Lounge of Catskill
#3 of 9 in Catskill

Been to Catskill Motor Court? Share your experiences!