“Love this place will come back many times”

Catskill Motor Court
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Catskill
Vienna, Virginia
“Love this place will come back many times”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed with my family that's go motor Lodge last August and we had a great time. We rented for cabins in a row set up our chairs outside and had a blast. Maria the owner could not of been more friendly and helpful. My grandson loved the game room in the pool. I am going back again in a couple of weeks.

Room Tip: Cabins are on the small side but I love it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Drtlord

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Niskayuna, New York
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is our favorite place to get away. The owners have become friends over the years! They take such great care of the Motel & cottages and everyone who stays in them. Close to many attractions and fine dining. We just love it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Janice P
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I grew up around the Catskill mountains and it's been a long time since I've been back. I went back up in the Summer of 2012 to visit some old friends and wanted to see what it's like from a visitors P.O.V., so we decided we'd stay in a motel rather than at a buddy's house.

I went up with 3 people and we planned on spending a few days showing them where I grew up, go swimming in a creek and the motel pool, and then spend time in the peaceful enviroment -- now that I live in a city-like atmosphere.

First off, the owner wasn't the nicest person. She didn't make it her job to be rude, but I felt she could have been a little kinder. Maybe it was because my friends and I were young. At one point she even threatened to call the cops on a little incident that was easily squashed.

Aside from that, the days we stood up there were constantly ruined by the rain. The only nice day was the day we decided to leave which still wasn't even sunny. The rooms were nice and clean but the water was kind of slimy in the shower. I wasn't sure if it was always like that when I grew up there but I didn't let it bother me as we had plenty of water bottles to use to brush our teeth, etc.

The area around the motel wasn't too messy. Some things were left hanging around but for the most part, things like cutting the lawn and decorating were up to date. Behind the motels was a small fireplace and further than that were some train tracks. Before the sun set, I went for a walk on the tracks with my buddy as we collected some wood. We seen a few deer and it definitely reminded me of home, it was nice. We had trouble starting the fire due to everything being wet from the previous days, but we got it after a while.

Off to the right of the rooms is a small little game room. They have two arcade games as well as a Foosball table and a small microwave. The motor court is located about 10 minutes from the Walmart in Catskill which is huge, and about another 10 minutes (the other way) from the town of Cairo, which is where I grew up.

All in all, the vacation was ruined due to the weather. The Catskill Motor Court was an average place. Nothing really stood it to call it anything better than average. I feel it's better suited for people who need somewhere to stay for the night after traveling a long way. If you plan on taking out your family and friends away to the mountains, I'd recommend a resort. I remember as a kid, one winter my family went up to Winter Clove in Round Top, that was always a nice place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank BK520
Cornwall UK
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here on the way from Vermont to Pennsylvania. It was in some ways a step back in time but with modern amenities: air conditioning, fridge, TV, etc. Beautiful rural view out front and back. I am so glad to know that a place like this still exists and I whole heartedly recommend it to anyone who enjoys Americana.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank hhep
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I needed a place to stay on our way back from a getaway in the mountains. We'd always wanted to stay in a place like this, with the little cabins, and this was our chance!

I called ahead and even though we would be arriving later than the office is usually open, the owner graciously agreed to stay up til we got there.

Now, my one big thing is that if I'm staying away from home, it had better be clean. This place was pristine! Even the bathroom/shower was totally clean! I was so impressed.

The price was right, the cabin was adorable, it was a quiet location, the owner was extremely gracious despite the fact that we arrived *and* left a half hour late (don't be like us! be punctual!), and there was hot coffee in the morning.

I hope we get to go back!

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank tiddlyboo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2012

OK, the reason I say this is because we were in a cabin which was not as new or as large as the others, rustic is probably a good descriptive word. I did have a look at the other rooms from the outside and they were far superior to ours.

So I have given three stars - one for the cabin, one for the nice pool and one for Marie's hospitality and helpfulness.

We were able to park the car right outside the cabin which was great, we had a small fridge, plenty of hot water etc. the beds were OK. They did have ESPN which my boys were very grateful for.

Room Tip: Check whether you are in a renovated room or not.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank WindsorHillsPad
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Needed an excape from Hoboken to unwind. This place was perfect. Great owners. Marie was so helpful and eager to suggest local activities and dining options. Made friends with other guests easily. Took advantage of the clean pool, BBQ area and delicious morning coffee. Look forward to returning. Thanks again, Fred n Marie.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Mglasspix
Also consider these accommodations in or near Catskill
Catskill Mountain Lodge
#6 of 9 in Catskill
B&B Lounge of Catskill
B&B Lounge of Catskill
#3 of 9 in Catskill

Been to Catskill Motor Court? Share your experiences!