“Tasty wine, gorgeous views”

Brookview Station Winery
East Hartford, Connecticut
“Tasty wine, gorgeous views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

I stopped here while taking a drive with my dog in tow. Being a wine fan, I was intriqued and stopped - glad I did - friendly, knowledgeable staff, tasty wine, and a great farm store, too. They had both apple/pear wines and grape varietals as well. They also had a few varities of hard cider to try. The woman conducting the tasting suggested I take my dog for a walk through the orchards afterwards - a great idea, as it was a gorgeous view at the top of one hill and we enjoyed the walk!

Karen G, Guest Relations Manager at Brookview Station Winery, responded to this review, January 27, 2016
Hi Aubrey. Thanks again for visiting.. Stop by again when youre passing through. Please mark your calendar for our Hudson Berkshire Wine & Food Festival Memorial Day Weekend at the Columbia County Fairgrounds.

New York
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Suggestions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

I have been to a lot of wineries and vineyards. I know this is primarily and orchard and in the early stages of being a winery which is great. A few things I noticed that may help Brookview Station take it to the next level. Most of the Wineries and Vineyards have set aside a place to sit down outside and enjoy their wine while taking in the fresh air and views of the farm land. This encourages people to come back again and not just to do a tasting one time and never return but to get out of the everyday element and relax. When my Fiancee and I consider going back to places to enjoy wine its often about the atmosphere that comes along with it. Another observation we have noticed in visiting a few times are the hosts pouring. Not that they are bad but sometimes awkward and maybe a little more training would help them feel comfortable in presenting the wines to the tasters. Overall I think its great to have local orchards and wineries and the wine is good. There is definitely potential to do well.

Visited April 2013
Thank you so much for your thoughtful suggestions. I do appreciate them. During the winter months we offer seating in the tasting room around the wood stove. Typically mid May through mid November is when we put the tables back outside around the big red maple on the front side of the building. I hope you'll stop by during warmer months when we have outdoor seating. The farm and vineyards are so beautiful and well worth taking a stroll. Kindest Regards, Karen
Rensselaer, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Don't miss the "train" to this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

We live nearby and are so fortunate to have an establishment of this caliber in our area. We've long patronized the orchard part of their business (their fruits of the forest pies and apple cider donuts are divine) and are only too delighted to sample and buy their wine, too! My husband loves their hard cider while I prefer their Conductor's Black Currant Cassis. Their wine tasting area is right in their rustically appointed retail shop but don't let that dissuade you. Brookview Station has won its share of medals and competitions and it's easy to taste why! All aboard!

Visited January 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely comments.. We'll see you soon!
Bridgeport, Connecticut
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Charming, sweet wines, nestled in goold orchards”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

My boyfriend and I visited on president's day... This was one of the few vineyards open on a weekday and during the winter. For only $6 you get to taste 6 of their wines, but as a holiday bonus, they offered us 3 additional wines for free! James was interesting, told funny stories, and knows quite a bit about the wines and the history of the farm. Very cozy, at home, feeling. Sweet and fruity wines. Would definitely return!

Visited February 2014
Hello and thanks so much for visiting Brookview Station. We love James too! this year we will have a special Valentines Promotion on our Hudson Berkshire Bev Trail. Brookview Station is the first stop on the trail. Stop by and purchase a trail wristband good for a standard tasting at multiple venues. Hope to see you soon!
Latham, New York
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“a charming visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I visited last weekend and found a cute, charming place. James led us through our tasting and was knowledgeable and fun. We were surprised to discover so many non-grape wines, and we were delighted by them! The whole experience was fun, low-key, and enjoyable. We will definitely be buying more Brookview Station wines!

Visited August 2013
Hi Trish.. Thanks so much for visiting Brookview Station. Since your visit we've added several new wines.. Hope you can drop by next time youre in the area... Karen.