“Great Property; Security Concerns”

Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush
Astoria, New York
“Great Property; Security Concerns”
Reviewed October 1, 2010

I stayed here with a few friends. When I think of choice hotels, I think of seedy places. This was not one of those. It is a beautiful property that I'm sure the owners are proud of.

The only concern I had was that I went to my room a friend of mine had gotten into the room to play a prank on me. When I asked how he did it he said he went to the front desk and asked for the key to my room and they did without checking his ID.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank cook7166

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed September 14, 2010

The only "problem" I encountered was one non-operational treadmill. (Another treadmill worked.)
From part of the breakfast area, one can look down to the lobby. The view down (and up from the lobby) is impressive.
Breakfast was tasty, with an impressive number of choices, including make-them-yourself waffles.
At my request, a front-desk worker gave easily followed directions to a restaurant/bar, which had customers who might well have been local people. The food was OK, but you might instead want to try a diner (which I did not try, or perhaps there's another good choice nearby.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Rhode Island
Reviewed August 16, 2010

We stayed at The Comfort Inn and Suites in 2008 to visit family and our stay was great. The hotel was convenient to the highway and to family, the rooms were clean, the staff was courteous, the breakfast was adequate. We were visiting family this month and decided to stay there again. Our reservation was for 2 nights.

This stay was disappointing. The wallpaper in the bath was peeling. None of the 3 phones in the room were working. The internet was incredibly slow when we could get connected. The silverware at breakfast was dirty. Looked like they were washing it by hand. I work in the restaurant business and there was no way that silverware was sanitized. On Sunday there was one gal working by herself. There were several groups and the poor gal couldn't keep up. Everything was empty and she had no supplies. One guy came around to empty the trash but he never gave her a hand. They should stick to paper plates and plastic utensils at the breakfast. Much more sanitary.

We discovered that the phones did not work our first night, when we were getting into bed and went to place a Wake Up call. We reported it to the front desk the next morning. when we told the desk clerk our room number, she stated that they had been having issues with the phones in that room. She asked if we were leaving for the day (we were) and said she would send someone to fix them.

When we returned that evening, the phones still did not work. I went down to the desk and the clerk apologized and said he would look into it. I told him not to send anyone since we were checking out the next morning and it was 11:30pm and we were going to bed.

My husband went to use the pool on our second night and found the door locked and unable to be opened with the room key at 9:30pm. (Pool closes at 10) He tracked down the maintainence man who stated that the door to the pool room was broken and should have been left ajar. Really????? How safe is that?? Anyone could come into the hotel and use the pool and what about safety for children? He said the door had been broken for a while. They don't get it fixed?? No excuse.

I gave this hotel a 3. The maid service was terrific, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, although the mini pillows are ridiculous and should be replaced. Hardly big enough to put your head on. As I mentioned there were several large groups and thankfully we were put in a side corridor not near any of them. I don't think we will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bellekitty
toronto
Reviewed August 3, 2010

spent a night passing thru on our way home. needed a place midway to home, decided on albany instead of syracuse. passed by this hotel in the past,

checked the reviews on TA:most recents were not great.decided to check it out as the complaints were more based on their personal interaction with staff, as opposed to the property itself.

arrived, checked in,(pretty straight froward, pleasant check in) went to room, had small situation, went to front desk, quickly straightened out with a smile. Room was nice, clean, overall property very good, had everything i wanted. bottom line, no complaints, had a good stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
USA
Reviewed January 31, 2010

I walk in to a beautiful lobby to find what I believe is a manger, with an older lady at the desk. The man is sitting in a chair shoving pizza in his face. Not a word from him at the desk, as the lady checks me in she calls me Dolly over and over again. Not how you should speak to a guest at your hotel. I get to my room, it's very clean and smells fresh but everything in the room is outdated. There was really nothing to watch on tv so that didn't go over well with my kids. We took a trip to the pool, witch was nice till we got out and had no towels. A man did bring us towels and was very nice to us. later we left to eat and spotted that no one was at the desk. When we got back we called the desk several times for extra blankets and pillows and got no answer, so our children were cold all night. This hotel has a great look but no staff.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank hotelhaunter101
Albany, NY
Reviewed December 17, 2009

We attended a wedding near the hotel. The gave us transportation to and from the wedding which was great. The driver was funny and nice. The room was very clean but the pool was the best part of the hotel. Nice breakfast too! Great fireplace in lobby.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank dolfanct1
New York
Reviewed December 14, 2009

Its such ashame that employees can totally ruin your stay. I stayed here with my teenage sons. My one son is very small for his age but is sixteen years of age. He went to use the weight room, which was empty at the time and a very rude maintence man told him he was not allowed to use it because of his age. My son told him his age, and the employee rudely called him a liar and sent him away. I can see calling the room and asking us, but to call him a liar and be so rude....He is sensitive about his size and has to deal with insults from kids his own age but I would think an employee, especially in the "hospitality" industry would be nicer. The next day I went to speak to the manager who made a bad situation worse! He actually had the nerve to threaten to call social services because I allowed my son to go to the weight room alone! Our room was only a few doors down from the empty weight room, he wasnt screwing around on the machines, even the maintence guy had to admitt he was minding his own business running on the tread mill. My family gets together once a year in East Greenbush for the holidays and its such ashame that we will never go to this place again, The place was clean but the staff was so rude definately wouldnt pay to ever stay there again!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
CFTNY, General Manager at Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush, responded to this review, December 17, 2009
The Comfort Inn and Suites is committed to delivering exceptional customer service to our valued guests. Certain hotel policies are in place to enhance our guest's experiences while maining a comfortable atmoshpere for all to enjoy.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleton On Hudson
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany-East Greenbush
Fairfield Inn & Suites Albany East Greenbush
Americas Best Value Inn - E Greenbush / Albany
Residence Inn Albany East Greenbush/Tech Valley
Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline)
Comfort Inn Albany / Glenmont

Been to Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush? Share your experiences!