“Small hotel - four-star room”

Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Very nice!! This place seems quite new. The room was very nice. Bed very comfortable, temp control very easy. Nice variety of TV channels. Wake up call was on time. Helpful staff.

Room Tip: This was not a fancy room but was roomy. It is in a somewhat isolated area so the views are fairly n...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We spent two nights in the Albany, NY area at two different hotels. This hotel was our first night and we spent $132.00 for one night. The second night (which I reviewed also) we only spent $78.00. The second night was a much better value.
The staff here were very nice. The room was large and very clean. The second hotel had a microwave and refrigerateur for much less money. This hotel although a larger room had neither of the two room amenities and we could not find anything to watch on the cable TV. Sure the room and bath were larger but how much space do two people need? The breakfast area was very large and overlooked the lobby area with a beautiful chandelier. The pool area was nice and also had a hot tub. The breakfast was very good. Scrambled eggs, bacon, waffles, cereal, bagels, assorted rools, donuts, muffins, fruit, juices and coffee. The coffee was available 24hrs. I would have given this hotel 5 stars except for the price. The charge was simply too much compared to other hotels in the area with similiar amenities.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marquette50
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed overnight on a road trip to a wedding and had a great stay--the kids ranked the hotel 5 stars (higher than the more expensive Marriott we had stayed in the 2 nights before). Our room was large and had lots of room to spread out. Lobby area was nice, as was the breakfast area. The gentleman staffing the breakfast was very friendly and helpful. We also had fun in the pool area (the most whirlpool-y whirlpool we've ever encountered). Finally--one of my pet peeves, most hotel pools are often underheated, which is hard for my littlest toddler. This one was perfect! Great stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Katecali
Reviewed May 11, 2012

My husband and I stay here periodically - on a coupon - for a get-away. The lobby is gorgeous, the staff is very friendly, and the breakfast room and breakfast are great. It's near the city, but a few miles away in the country. Perfect for dining and shopping without the surrounding hectic atmosphere of being in a city. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I agree with all of the previous positive reviews about this Comfort Inn. We were greeted at the front desk by "Red" with a big smile and jolly laugh. All I had to do is mention I was thinking of going to Friendly's and he printed out the directions for us!! The room was clean, warm, and comfortable on a chilly, rainy night.The pool was clean and a good temperature and so was the hot tub. Breakfast was very good and we appreciated the staff person keeping the breakfast area stocked and clean.
Whenever we are traveling on I-90 towards Albany we will make sure to stop here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a week long road trip to the east coast of the USA from Toronto Canada. As a very fussy traveller, I depend on WWW reviews to pre-book a hotel. We stopped at this location the first night and glad we did. Superior hotel. Super clean, great room, king bed,warm pool, hot tub and breakfast. As I pre-booked, I used my AAA travel book (the hotel has a great ad which states free room upgrade if available) and asked for a room upgrade from a king to a king suite. With a little coaching, we were provided the suite. Great on and off I-90. Lots of parking. I rate this location 10 out of 10. A must stay.

Room Tip: If a AAA/CAA member, pick up the New York travel book prior to starting out and ask for a room upgra...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 150Rockwood
Reviewed April 22, 2012

no complaints about this comfort inn. excellent service and accommodations for hotel right off of the highway. shuttle to albany was a nice surprise. definitely would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleton On Hudson
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany-East Greenbush
Fairfield Inn & Suites Albany East Greenbush
Americas Best Value Inn - E Greenbush / Albany
Residence Inn Albany East Greenbush/Tech Valley
Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline)
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown

Been to Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush? Share your experiences!