“Inexpensive dinner, good food”
Review of Samson's

Samson's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 24, 2014

My husband's and my favorite. Know we can have a meal and a beer for low $20's and the food is very much the comfort food we crave sometimes. I've had the chicken parm, meatball sub, shaved ribeye steak and Reuben. All good but Reuben is our favorite. I think my husband has had nothing else but that. I will ask to substitute a salad for the fries. They make their soup from scratch. Friends from Poughkeepsie come up and order their meatloaf dinner. Often will go to the private rooms in the back when the main dining room is crowded.

1  Thank Cinimax

Reviewed April 24, 2014

The food here is like you would make at home. I personally have never had a bad meal here. My friends who dined with me the other day were very pleased. Except 2 of them. One had ordered the meatball sub and the other lasagna. Both thought their meals were too dry and requested extra sauce. Not a big deal. Salads are huge and delish. The prices are very reasonable. Service is quick. Even with only one waitress on duty. She was busy. As she had the dining room and the porch. Samsons has recently added on to their building which enlarged the bar area. I did not check out the other side of the bar. So I am not sure if there are tables or a pool table. They also have a very nice outdoor patio and bar.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Inexpensive place to grab a quick bite to eat and a beer. The food was good for the price and the staff was very friendly and responsive to your request.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had a kielbasa sandwich that was very good. All members of my party seemed to enjoy their meal. Good prices, good food, we prepared. I ordered waffle fries, they brought out steak fries, i mentioned it and they fixed it no questions asked -- great service.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

A good solid restaurant with a good menu filled with homemade goodies. Great service! Jess made us feel right at home.